Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendaries haven't been that rare for a while now, half of my server had Shadowmourne back in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Legendaries were never hard to obtain why some think they are special simply because you have more time then X person is beyond me be it normal regardless. Hell people thought they were fucking amazing in BC when all you needed was ''Luck''
    Anyone who had the legendary bow before WotLK had a little more than luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Legendaries haven't been that rare for a while now, half of my server had Shadowmourne back in WotLK.
    Then again, they had almost a year to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Right now, running LFR doesn't even "grant" you the 600 cloak, you have to be good enough to complete the solo boss fight, and THAT'S the hard part, not grinding the components.
    Yeah or just an easymode class, like a dk, mage, spriest or warlock :P

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Anyone who had the legendary bow before WotLK had a little more than luck.
    Yeah, a guild wasting money, resources and everyones effort on one person.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Except it isnt legendary if everyone has one.
    Not being special snowflake or anything but whats the diff between an epic and legendary at this point ?
    None, it just ruins the feeling of a legendary.
    The difference is you dont spend an entire expansion doing dailies and raid grinds to get an epic.

Seriously though and not in relation to the above comments, its utterly dumb to think that people who only do LFR are not going to be able to get it.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2013-06-18 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    The difference is you dont spend an entire expansion doing dailies and raid grinds to get an epic.

Seriously though and not in relation to the above comments, its utterly dumb to think that people who only do LFR are not going to be able to get it.
    I have no problem with people in lfr getting it, not at all. I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    Dragonwrath staff was ridiculous, at one point we had 4 of them in our 10man...

Now imagine this item lol, you argue its the grind that makes it legendary, i argue its the rareness that makes it legendary :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with people in lfr getting it, not at all. I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    Dragonwrath staff was ridiculous, at one point we had 4 of them in our 10man...

Now imagine this item lol, you argue its the grind that makes it legendary, i argue its the rareness that makes it legendary :P
    I get it, but I don't really care for needing to be the special little chosen one in your guild to recieve a legendary. I prefer this new system to the old. I wouldnt mind if it was more of a grind or more diverse and involved more of a daily grind and maybe some more pvp required in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirox View Post
    Thing the first: People who do both normalmode and LFR get double the chance to get the items to drop for the legendary.
    in 5.0 normal/HC raiders whined that they have to run both norma; and lfr for sigils - now blizzard made that 1 difficulty only so that they dont have to - so people whine that "this is to little" - u cant satisfy everyone there wil be always someone who doesnt like system and want to change it in his own favour

I just think it ruins the ehm, status of a legendary (for lack of better word) when everyone has it.
    D
    u mean like every single rogue in 4.3 runing around with orange daggers yes ? that was definetly so much more legendary then what we have now -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-06-18 at 12:31 PM.

Didnt read the whole 13 pages so sorry if anyone else made that point but in general - Lfr wings of the newest tiers always open between 2 weeks interval so raiders who do normal and heroic will get more legendary components(secrets for example) in a single lockout than lfr raiders , thus making a nice chunk of time between when Normal//heroic raiders and lfr raiders get the end product.And btw yes it should be so (in my opinion) that lfr raiders can get a legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Yeah, a guild wasting money, resources and everyones effort on one person.
    It was a drop? And killing Sunwell was a bit more than luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmgewehr86 View Post
    Didnt read the whole 13 pages so sorry if anyone else made that point but in general - Lfr wings of the newest tiers always open between 2 weeks interval so raiders who do normal and heroic will get more legendary components(secrets for example) in a single lockout than lfr raiders , thus making a nice chunk of time between when Normal//heroic raiders and lfr raiders get the end product.And btw yes it should be so (in my opinion) that lfr raiders can get a legendary.
    In theory. But as it's already been mentioned, this is often times not the case.

The problem is that the item doesn't take any effort from anyone in the raid. You just do what you're already doing. The things that ACTUALLY took time, they nerfed anyway...

Deleted
    Everyone that can go through all the farm needed to finish the quest will probably gain a Legendary.
    What is apparent is that the legendary questline is a really powerful motivator for everyone to stay suscribed.

Until now, when a player thought he finished the content (whatever that means for him), he would unsuscribe until next patch.
    The legendary quest introduced a farm that garantees that you got a really uber item at the end.
    If you remove carrot, especially at the end of the expansion, by gating the legendary to be obtainable only by normal/heroic raiders, you ruin LFR people sense of progression.

It will be hard, it will be long, it will probably be pointless except for the feeling of completion, but it will be obtainable by everyone with a ton of effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Everyone that can go through all the farm needed to finish the quest will probably gain a Legendary.
    What is apparent is that the legendary questline is a really powerful motivator for everyone to stay suscribed.

Until now, when a player thought he finished the content (whatever that means for him), he would unsuscribe until next patch.
    The legendary quest introduced a farm that garantees that you got a really uber item at the end.
    If you remove carrot, especially at the end of the expansion, by gating the legendary to be obtainable only by normal/heroic raiders, you ruin LFR people sense of progression.

It will be hard, it will be long, it will probably be pointless except for the feeling of completion, but it will be obtainable by everyone with a ton of effort.
    Agree with this, its only the long grind of the legendary quest keeping people going between patches especially at the moment waiting for 5.4. That should be available to lfr as well as they represent more of the customer base than normal/heroic raiders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post

Funny thing is I think they will nerf the previous steps up until the 5.4 part of the quest line when 5.4 hits.
    Probably through increased droprates of sigils,secrets and runestones.
    And by lowering the amount of valor to 1k or 1.5k.
    Why do I think that, because then they can sell the idea to stay subscribed on the legendary quest and say look we made the first parts easier so that you can get to the final grindy part faster. Else people will just log in do SoO and say oh well that legendary questchain at least 3-4 months of farming and grinding before i reach the last part here that kinda sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.
    Because People getting Tier Item that is 33ilvl behind is a huge Deal... Its a Game .. a Game NUMBERS nothing else.

Maybe that was the thing the should separate the Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders from the LFR raiders. Someone recently said that there will be some things that will be in Flex/Normal/Heroic and not in LFR.

What does it really matter except to the person holding the item that has a vested interest in earning it. Whether through LFR, Flex, Normal or Heroic who really cares? Anyone investing equal time into earning the legendary deserves it. And they will all get it regardless of complaints or people leaving the game over it. Everyone can either accept that this is what Blizzard has decided and just have fun playing a good game or you can be miserable. There will be other rewards (more exclusive gear perhaps) that won't be available in LFR....that much has already been decided.

I would be shocked and insulted if it didn't grant you the same benefit that the reg mode stuff does. It's far too long a quest chain.

That being said, Blizzard has already hinted that it won't be a weapon, which IMO is a real let-down. If they make it something silly, like an enchant, then obviously H > R > LFR. If it's something more like the cloak, then it's just random ilvls out of nowhere. I think it won't just be like, a heroic quality weapon with a legendary proc- the participation is simply too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Because People getting Tier Item that is 33ilvl behind is a huge Deal... Its a Game .. a Game NUMBERS nothing else.
    So you don't mind missing out, it's just a game and you're far from invested in it because you only clear LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Wrath when seeing someone with Shadowmourne was awesome, despite how easy it was to get. Seeing someone with the firelands legendary staff was also cool, and same went for the daggers (even though they were arguably the easiest legendary to get). The reason it was special was because it was exclusive to people who took part in raids. Where would the prestige be if every single person playing would be able to get something like that? What would be the point in having a legendary item? Why even call it legendary if everyone has it? Getting one won't make you automatically special when everyone has it, so why bother?

A few extra dps? Why do you need that when you're clearing LFR with no progression curve? The bosses just fall over and present you with your lucky dip for loot, where is the need for extra dps? What genuine purpose does giving an LFR raider a legendary weapon fulfill? No vanity reason since everyone has it, no dps reason since dps isn't an issue, so tell me, is there something I have missed?

Walking through a raid where you can be AFK and get all the same rewards (even if they're a few item levels lower) as people raiding on a schedule is, quite frankly, the problem this game has at the moment, and the only way to solve it is to give back some vanity/prestige (I use them words lightly) to the people who can and will find the time to raid. You can't find the time to raid because you have a job etc? I raid with people who have jobs and families and they find the time.

I've never had a legendary weapon during current content, and if I got one now it wouldn't feel very legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    What do you think, will we have an orange-fest with every LFR-veteran running with a legendary soon? Or will they keep the legendary exclusive to normals/heroics?
    is that a rhetorical question? i believe so. if not: 100% yes. there will be no difference between legendaries, and you will be able to farm yours in LFR.

Seems like the MoP lengendary path has been as much about the story as the item(s) thus far. Maybe they are emphasizing the LEGEND rather than just a power item.

Doesn't really matter to me if people get it in LFR (although it should take much longer). People do get more worked up about a weapon though...so I understand why it is controversial.