Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    Maybe that was the thing the should separate the Flex/Normal/Heroic raiders from the LFR raiders. Someone recently said that there will be some things that will be in Flex/Normal/Heroic and not in LFR.
    No it won't. Look at the blue posts on the front page :

"So instead of removing set bonuses, trinkets, legendary progress, or anything else along those lines, we decided to come up with something new."

There will be a new type of reward, and it will be exclusive to Flex or higher lvl of raiding, but actual stuff like legendary progression will still be possible in LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Why even call it legendary if everyone has it?
    Why call a dungeon "Heroic" if it's just the same level of difficulty with a higher lvl... ?
    These days, the name doesn't really matter.
    What will be legendary is the amount of things you had to do to complete to have it and like someone said, the story behind the item.
    It's also possible it will be a feat of strength, unfeasable after the begining of next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    That is not at all an equivalent analogy. Is getting the legendary through LFR going to make the LFR raider's ilvl better than a world-first raider ?

An equivalent analogy would be: Worker A, Worker B, Worker C. A does the most work and gets paid the most. C does the least work and gets paid the least. They all work on a specific job project for a full year and get the same bonus at the end of it. A still has made much more that year than B or C.

Sure, maybe B and C did not work as hard on this one project as A (although they all devoted the same amount of time to this one project -- maybe not all projects combined, but this one project), but A still makes more money because A puts in more work all the time.

One damn piece of gear, no matter how awesome, does almost nothing to erode the boundary between someone in full heroic and someone in full LFR. I'm never going to be bothered someone in full LFR gear but one legendary, and no one in full heroic gear should be bothered by my mostly-normal/semi-heroic gear even if I have a legendary, because the divide between these three groups is not defined by a single piece of gear.

If you feel that one piece of gear somehow infringes upon your sense of self worth, you have bigger problems than LFR raiders getting a legendary. The fact that you use an analogy of a lazy coworker getting his pay doubled illustrates my point -- that you're blowing this completely out of proportion. A single legendary does not make an LFR raider better than a heroic raider. It does not make them equal to a heroic raider. It does not make them better or equal to a normal raider.
    The point was that its silly to justify choices by the logic of "it doesn't affect you". Starvation in Africa does not affect me directly; I do not use that to claim that starvation is thus justified.

Ultimately everything in the game is pointless, yet we both feel compelled enough to argue it over the internet, so please don't try and use the old "its just a piece of gear, what does it matter bro?" argument. Its the principal of it, giving out LFR legendaries is a fundamental contradiction, as 'legendary' is a title reserved for the rarest of the rare gear that should only be attainable at the highest levels of content. LFR is by definition the absolute lowest level of content, it simply makes zero sense to insert 'legendary' gear into 'welfare' content.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Answer: Yes it will, and it's fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    What pisses me off is that some folks say that others don't deserve what they get, as if the same subscription fee they both pay was more valuable than the others' fee.

It's like saying to me in person that my money is worthless or that you work harder than I do.

A real-life encounter like that would be met with a less than cordial response for them and possibly an assault charge for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    What pisses me off is that some folks say that others don't deserve what they get, as if the same subscription fee they both pay was more valuable than the others' fee.

It's like saying to me in person that my money is worthless or that you work harder than I do.

A real-life encounter like that would be met with a less than cordial response for them and possibly an assault charge for me.
    Where do you draw the line on the "my money" argument though? What pisses me off is when people think they're entitled to everything in a game just cos they paid for it. Part of playing a game is EARNING the things in the game. Punching weak bosses in the face with auto attack for 2 months to get a legendary isn't earning it, and by no means should your subscription fee come into the argument.

If you pay for a gym membership, but don't put in the commitment to get fit, do you cry about it when that guy who pays the same fee as you is super fit and has a perfect muscular build?
    Last edited by Marmot; 2013-06-18 at 04:43 PM.

Seeing as every other aspect of the quest chain has been lfr-able, it's kind of weird to think that it wouldn't.

People keep saying that LFR goers will just AFK to get the legendary. Most people in LFR aren't afking, they are trying. And the threads on MMO champ asking who AFKs in LFR rarely turn up people who only do LFR as the AFKers.

Also, just because the LFR bosses are easier than normal or heroic bosses doesn't make them trivial. There are wipes in LFR, even weeks after the content has started. You can't just ignore mechanics, it will cause a wipe. Maybe if you go in with you normal or heroic geared raid group it's faceroll, but in LFR level and worse gear it's not as easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Do you think because if you bought Half-life in 1997 and you played it on the normal difficulty and you couldnt beat it or it was too time consuming you should be able to skip to the last level just because you paid the same money as someone who is better or had more time to play it?

A real life encounter would grant someone who works harder than you with more. Congratulations at arguing against yourself successfully. You did my job for me. Cheers son, go back to swallowing Lego.

I cant believe how long and exhausting and mindnumbing this topic gets , every time it shows up.
    Everyone is arguing about how they deserve it and bla bla.
    The point is , World of Warcraft CHANGED DRAMATICALLY. It is nothing more than a fking money milkmachine and you are acting like mindless chickens while Blizzard laughs in your face. In this "new" World of Warcraft , every Account that pays , is eligible to get everything in the game. It is to milk money from EVERYONE. The playerbase changed from people , who actively took place in character progression, hitting your personal borders of commitment and skill and social abilities to ACHIEVE something. ( guilds and raid groups aren't needed anymore to see content <--- that is the strongest point ) to people who act like they dont have to learn a game or put commitment into it, they are no gamers , they are people who don't know what to do with their rl spare time.
    Get over it and change your game already, if you stay here and rant about the very same topic every day nothing changes and ONLY blizzard profits.

They need to make the final part akin to the warlock green fire finale. I don't know how many tears have been shed about that and blizzard has said no it will not be nerfed any time soon. The final part of this quest line needs to be

1) solo
    2) hard, but doable if you know your abilities much like the green fire quest

I mean people did that quest in pvp blues while people in LFR epics cried about it. It wasn't time consuming. It wasn't something gear stopped you from doing. It was something you had to actually know your class to complete. This is what the last Wrathion quest awarding the legendary needs to be.

Also blizzard confirmed it's a piece of gear. They only dodged the is it a weapon part. Notice dodged not denied. I think they just acted coy for the mystery.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 10:10 PM ----------

Because they worked harder????

You pay the same for the same OPPORTUNITY not for the same items. Sorry Charlie. Your money opens the same doors. Your skill and time dictates whether you can walk through said doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it or not casuals make up a large percentage of the game right now and they pay the same subscription as hardcore raiders, Blizzard understands this and appreciates this which is why there is some gear available to casuals so that they may have a chance to play the game and not wipe over and over. This would discourage them and they would quit paying to play, and Blizzard understands that also. There is a bunch of gear that casuals will never get and is only available to hardcore raiders or PvPers. That is the reward system that Blizzard has set up, 1 little cloak is not going to upset the balance of Azeroth, so let them have it. Chances are the next patch after 5.4 will offer higher ilvl gear to HC players anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I think a great solution to all the drama would be to simply give all difficulties a legendary, while the starter version of the weapon or w/e would be LFR ilvl. Then there would be an upgrade quest that requires you to kill the last boss on normal/heroic mode depending which you have chosen your weapon gets upgraded. LFR raiders will have the worst version, normal raiders the mid version and heroic raiders the BIS item.
    I like this guy's idea. I currently just do LFR, and on the rare occasion a decent pug comes along a few bosses in normal ToT. (My server is awful, and I don't care enough to transfer, especially since I still have a few friends here) I collect legendaries, and at 95 I'd go back and upgrade it most likely. I'd be in kind of a quandry if there were multiple tiers and you had to pick one with no option to upgrade, since I'd be locking myself into LFR/Flex or waiting til the next xpac to just get the heroic one. (Assuming there's no way to do the quest over again or whatever)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Executia View Post
    I cant believe how long and exhausting and mindnumbing this topic gets , every time it shows up.
    Everyone is arguing about how they deserve it and bla bla.
    The point is , World of Warcraft CHANGED DRAMATICALLY. It is nothing more than a fking money milkmachine and you are acting like mindless chickens while Blizzard laughs in your face. In this "new" World of Warcraft , every Account that pays , is eligible to get everything in the game. It is to milk money from EVERYONE. The playerbase changed from people , who actively took place in character progression, hitting your personal borders of commitment and skill and social abilities to ACHIEVE something. ( guilds and raid groups aren't needed anymore to see content <--- that is the strongest point ) to people who act like they dont have to learn a game or put commitment into it, they are no gamers , they are people who don't know what to do with their rl spare time.
    Get over it and change your game already, if you stay here and rant about the very same topic every day nothing changes and ONLY blizzard profits.
    Bitter much?

If you don't like the game, don't play it. (I'm assuming you're one of those 50% of frequent posters who isn't subscribed anyway.)

Also, if you don't like the game, and aren't playing it, maybe you could stop ranting about it to the people who do play?

I stopped reading after about page 3 but thought I need to put in my 2 pennies worth. In TBC we had people raging on "welfare epics" and it looks like this expansion it's "welfare legendaries". Why do people care what others do or have? I pay my $15 a month for my own pleasure, I care only what I have or don't have. I could give a rat's ass about what so and so has or does as long as it does not affect my enjoyment of the game.
    Btw I've done the attunement, TK/SSC pre nerf, 3 days a week raiding for months on end, etc. It doesn't interest me anymore and I now enjoy the game strickly through LFR and do my own thing. This far into the patch, I'm not even close to obtaining the cloak on my main and 1 alt. I can't believe this generation still cares about what others have or don't have...virtual or otherwise. I thought that mindset went away during the Gen X period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    If you truly believe in your "fact", you are way too far gone lol. Killing Illidan, KJ, Yogg, Lich King, Rag is difficult in itself. Legendaries that can be obtained through TIME is what we have in MoP right now.
    I see you havent been there...these bosses where very easy compared to todays boss-encounters - as said legendaries allways just need time + wasting the time of 39/24 other people....

Blizzard should just make the end solo quest/scenario decently hard. The reverse QQ will be glorious.
    ATTENTION I smell a special snowflake that has to shine in orange in a bits & bytes game to be special...

Infracted; Don't insult other posters. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-19 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Bitter much?

If you don't like the game, don't play it. (I'm assuming you're one of those 50% of frequent posters who isn't subscribed anyway.)

Also, if you don't like the game, and aren't playing it, maybe you could stop ranting about it to the people who do play?
    The difference between people who just unsub without a word is they simply don't care as much as the rest of us who are going down cursing every dev and casual player in sight (not really but you get the picture).

For me, atleast, it's a futile excercise to see if I can finally show people the "light."
    But then I realize I'm talking to bats who can't see it anyways.

But already I'm starting to see more players and even Blizzard look at these changes with a sour face.
    It's like a doomsayer sticking around to see if he was right and maybe Blizzard will realize in time to turn it around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    I'm guessing the "brand spanking new" reward for flex normal and heroic is the legendary, as they said it won't be in LFR. They have to keep legendaries legendary.
    Legendaries where never REALLY legendary... the only legendary in game that is really LEGENDARY is the Staff of Attiesh...

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    The rest of the legendary chain has just been a grind with a bit of RNG thrown in with the secrets of the empire and runestones etc (not really any different to the Molten Core legendaries in that respect).
    Have you ever done the MC Legendaries - for the mace ie you need a bs who had to buy a recipe in brd to make you one part and dont start me on the bars for the sword....

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    2) Do you enjoy Looking for Raid? Or is it just those first few times you enjoy it because you're seeing the content? I mean really, do you enjoy doing LFR over and over and over....?
    3) Dafuq do you plan to do with your legendary once you get it?! Go "Hey Bob! Look at my new dagger of the awesome-sauce dra- Oh, you have one too". You don't raid, you can't do anything with it except run LFR again, and it's not like you need Legendaries to do LFR - All you need to beat LFR is some sort of distraction while you AFK and get your loot. And even if you do decide to participate, all you need to do is roll your dick across the keyboard and wallah! Epics.
    Lemme throw this right back at you my little snowflake:
    dont you get tired doin the same raid every week sometimes without even advancing a bit AND
    once you got your legendary what are you gonna do with it when you done all the bosses? sit in sw/og and shine hey look im a leet hc player with a binary-legendary and feel like you ARCHIVED something? roflmao

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Do you think because if you bought Half-life in 1997 and you played it on the normal difficulty and you couldnt beat it or it was too time consuming you should be able to skip to the last level just because you paid the same money as someone who is better or had more time to play it?
    How can you compare a bad shooter game to a RolePlayin-Game?
    thats like comparing a bike to a formel 1 car....

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    You can disagree, but deep inside u know - lfr is NOT same thing as raiding - its fast way to gear up, nothing else. Nothing else.
    After your logic same goes for normal/hc....

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Answer: Yes it will, and it's fucking retarded.
    just quit and the community will sing you the special snowflake song

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    anyone who's able to get a legendary doing only LFR, having to put up with those awful sunday night groups, insane queues, afkers, people who refuse to play, people that don't buff, shamans/mages that don't BL, clueless tanks, healers that get less total healing than warlocks, et cetera, should get an uber awesomesauce master legendary weapon of insanity.
    Word!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    One damn piece of gear, no matter how awesome, does almost nothing to erode the boundary between someone in full heroic and someone in full LFR. I'm never going to be bothered someone in full LFR gear but one legendary, and no one in full heroic gear should be bothered by my mostly-normal/semi-heroic gear even if I have a legendary, because the divide between these three groups is not defined by a single piece of gear.

If you feel that one piece of gear somehow infringes upon your sense of self worth, you have bigger problems than LFR raiders getting a legendary. The fact that you use an analogy of a lazy coworker getting his pay doubled illustrates my point -- that you're blowing this completely out of proportion. A single legendary does not make an LFR raider better than a heroic raider. It does not make them equal to a heroic raider. It does not make them better or equal to a normal raider.
    I sooo love you brother - I seriously wish all these I wanna be elite no candles for all other people who arent even playing in the top 5 guilds would just quit wow and Ill bet we had way less qq on the forums....

Quote Originally Posted by Executia View Post
    ) to people who act like they dont have to learn a game or put commitment into it, they are no gamers , they are people who don't know what to do with their rl spare time.
    So because in your opinion compared to when wow startet and i had time at my hands to raid compared to now where I have to work for me and my family and have less time for the game Im not a gamer anymore?
    thats so roflmao my son - I was a gamer before you ever got your first diaper....

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Lemme throw this right back at you my little snowflake:
    dont you get tired doin the same raid every week sometimes without even advancing a bit AND
    once you got your legendary what are you gonna do with it when you done all the bosses? sit in sw/og and shine hey look im a leet hc player with a binary-legendary and feel like you ARCHIVED something? roflmao
    You know what I read whenever someone uses "snowflake" in their post?
    I read "prepare for my feeble counter argument."

And hey look what followed!
    -Yes I get tired, that's the point. It's a wall to overcome. It's a puzzle to fix. You're still playing the game. Without a struggle here or there it'd be boring and forgettable like LFR is.
    -Legendaries are very handy if you're still progressing in Heroics because not every guild will be 12/12 by the time they get theirs.

This wasn't directed at me but here you go :P

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    A real life encounter would grant someone who works harder than you with more. Congratulations at arguing against yourself successfully. You did my job for me. Cheers son, go back to swallowing Lego.
    Most of the people who do the hardest labor, make the least, and most of the people who do the least hardest labor, make the most :x So that doesn't really work in the real world :x