Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The whole purpose of this legendary quest is to keep people subscribed instead of just subbing for one month when new content is out. Seeing as most of the playbase uses LFR the answer is yes.

Go with my suggestion. Make the final legendary quest "you must defeat Hexos". That way it's fair. Everyone can do that.

Deleted
    Some of my guildies are not even past part 2 of this legendary quest and we do run normal/heroic modes. They are just not that into it/are too lazy to do it or whatever reason they have. Those rewards are not needed for progression.

If someone is dedicated enough to finish the quest line (gather lots of items that just don't want to drop, cap valor for at least six weeks (or three after nerf), do some pvp even if they don't do it usually, farm/buy/trade trillium bars etc.) then I think that they deserve it, even if they did it in LFR. It doesn't bother me if they did it that way. It's not stopping me from enjoying the fact that I have mine.

Quote Originally Posted by makkk View Post
    The whole purpose of this legendary quest is to keep people subscribed instead of just subbing for one month when new content is out. Seeing as most of the playbase uses LFR the answer is yes.
    The grind is getting heavily nerfed this next patch. It might be possible for a player who jumps right in at the last raid to walk out with a legendary and the current grinds do not require a continuous month to month play to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Go with my suggestion. Make the final legendary quest "you must defeat Hexos". That way it's fair. Everyone can do that.
    Would certainly boost the "popularity" of Brawlers guild. The challenging aspect shouldnt be getting 9/24 other players together. The last two legendarilies did a similar thing.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-19 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    I hope not. Legendary weapons are supposed to be hard to get and LFR is not hard by any means.
    Legendaries have never ever ever been "hard" to get. They've been "random" to get. The current formula continues that trend exactly.

As someone that cleared 13/13H well over a month ago, I have no issues with people in LFR getting the legendary as well. You've still had to grind out horrendous RNG for the entire expansion which is frankly more work than any of the previous legendaries that only lasted a tier.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    The grind is getting heavily nerfed this next patch. It might be possible for a player who jumps right in at the last raid to walk out with a legendary and the current grinds do not require a continuous month to month play to keep up.

Would certainly boost the "popularity" of Brawlers guild. The challenging aspect shouldnt be getting 9/24 other players together. The last two legendarilies did a similar thing.
    no matter how they nerf it this will still require at least/min 10-12 weeks to catch up to the 5.4 part which will be unnerfed and will take a hell lot of time too -_- unless someone is super hiper blessed by the rng - but just looking at how many weeks takes farming of this stupid titan runestones ... seriusly doubt that the real target audience of lfr will be runing around all in oranges - some people for sure but most won't.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Because they worked harder????

You pay the same for the same OPPORTUNITY not for the same items. Sorry Charlie. Your money opens the same doors. Your skill and time dictates whether you can walk through said doors.
    Yes, a 1000x yes. people who rely solely on LFR to see content in this game are so entitled its ruining the game and the community(well worse than it was).

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Legendaries have never ever ever been "hard" to get. They've been "random" to get. The current formula continues that trend exactly.

As someone that cleared 13/13H well over a month ago, I have no issues with people in LFR getting the legendary as well. You've still had to grind out horrendous RNG for the entire expansion which is frankly more work than any of the previous legendaries that only lasted a tier.
    Absolutely. Both my vanilla legendaries (Sulfuras and Thunderfury) were nothing more than random soaks, and things haven't changed up 'til now. Anyone who puts in the same time deserves the same reward from this particular effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Absolutely. Both my vanilla legendaries (Sulfuras and Thunderfury) were nothing more than random soaks, and things haven't changed up 'til now. Anyone who puts in the same time deserves the same reward from this particular effort.
    So you're saying LFR requires the same time and effort as Normal/HM? Clearly they're all on the same level since they all deserve the same loot(IE: legendaries)

10+ Year Old Account
    What if - WHAT IF!... Everyone gets the questline, but you can only get the first form of the legendary if your in LFR/normal/heroic (the quest items or whatnot could drop in all difficulties), but the next forms require items/credit from Normal/Heroic difficulty?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    So you're saying LFR requires the same time and effort as Normal/HM? Clearly they're all on the same level since they all deserve the same loot(IE: legendaries)
    The people working on Normal and Heroic progression do the LFR versions of whatever bosses they didn't clear so this entire train of thought is entirely irrelevant. Those people are working harder by choice and filling in the blanks the same way other people are.

Also a full LFR geared player with a legendary and a full Heroic geared player with a legendary will still be insanely far apart stats-wise.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2013-06-19 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    What if - WHAT IF!... Everyone gets the questline, but you can only get the first form of the legendary if your in LFR/normal/heroic (the quest items or whatnot could drop in all difficulties), but the next forms require items/credit from Normal/Heroic difficulty?
    I like the idea of each difficulty dropping an item that "empowers" the legendary item to become more powerful. i.e. Let's say, 610 or so for LFR, as the baseline. The Flex item could make that 615, the normal 625, and the Heroic 630 or so. That way, every gets a legendary, and everyone has an oppurtunity to even improve that if they want to do stuff, and it's in a way that doesn't exactly "end" the storyline for LFR players. The "Empowering" items could be entirely outside of the questline themselves, and just be like an item the legendary "consumes". Everybody wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Well to be fair that RNG was gated behind a level of raid progression and your place in the guild, and I see both factors as been more important than the RNG when it came to receiving those items.

Sulfuras wasn't awesome because you got it with luck, it was awesome because you got it from Ragnaros.
    Glaives wasn't awesome because you got them with luck, they were awesome because you got them from Illidan.
    Thori'dal wasn't awesome because you got it with luck, it was awesome because you got it from Kil'Jaedan.
    Etc

I don't mind the current time/commitment based model, but I do feel that the 'legendary' feeling of acquiring it is lost on certain segments of the playerbase. Unless you as a heroic/normal raider are able to completely separate yourself from LFR as option, the legendary is simply a chore and set of motions to go through to gain greater power, rather than being gated behind any actual challenge. If you are an LFR raider who doesn't really care about the lore anymore since you've killed the bosses and mostly use it as your source of character progression, it is once again a chore and a set of motions to go through to get an extra bit of power. The only people who would still get a kick out of the legendary chain are people like me who still get giddy over things like getting the blessing of all of the Celestials, every other person doing the blessing quests at the same time as me just simply went and clicked their gong without waiting, or simply spoke to Wrathion and flew off, it doesn't look like they're having fun to me.

Blizzard's challenge with accessible PVE raid content now is to be able to keep it engaging and rewarding to all kinds of players:
    - Hardcores & Casuals
    - Heroic, normal, flex & LFR raiders
    - Lore nuts & power nuts
    - mixes of the above (Casual Heroic raiders do exist, so do hardcore LFR raiders, I view casual vs. hardcore as more a measure of time)

How do you keep a legendary quest engaging and rewarding for all of these player groups while keeping it accessible to all player groups?
    - should difficulty of content translate to differences in the legendary chain/rewards?
    - could they provide more solo/group challenges which are as rewarding/difficult/possible to people with 500 ilvl as those with 540 ilvl?
    - what kind of balance do we need in regards to RNG/Time/Effort/Commitment?
    - what needs to happen so that NO players feel like legendaries are a chore?
    - what needs to happen so that players no longer feel that their legendaries aren't trivialised/overshadowed by people below/above their level of progression and play?

It's not a simple problem. Difficulty needs to come with more incentive without letting people miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    dont you get tired doin the same raid every week sometimes without even advancing a bit AND
    once you got your legendary what are you gonna do with it when you done all the bosses? sit in sw/og and shine hey look im a leet hc player with a binary-legendary and feel like you ARCHIVED something? roflmao
    Some people do enjoy the gameplay and the comadarie that comes along with heroic raiding.
    Not advancing a bit can be stressful but where's a challenge without stress? I like challenge personally.
    Once (and if, I'm a casual heroic raider) I finish the tier I'll enjoy a job well done then get ready for blizzard's next delivery of content.
    And lastly, I don't think many people enjoy archiving things, many people enjoy achieving things though!

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    How can you compare a bad shooter game to a RolePlayin-Game?
    thats like comparing a bike to a formel 1 car....
    HOW DARE YOU
    Last edited by Radio; 2013-06-19 at 02:36 AM.

I don't mind LFR players getting it, but could we get a higher drop chance the higher difficulty it is? It's dissapointing putting in so much more effort (don't say it's not, heroic raiding IS more effort than lfr) yet still getting 1 secret a week on heroic modes.

Something like:
    Heroic - 35% chance
    Normal - 30% chance
    Flex - 25% chance
    LFR - 20% chance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I like the idea of each difficulty dropping an item that "empowers" the legendary item to become more powerful. i.e. Let's say, 610 or so for LFR, as the baseline. The Flex item could make that 615, the normal 625, and the Heroic 630 or so. That way, every gets a legendary, and everyone has an oppurtunity to even improve that if they want to do stuff, and it's in a way that doesn't exactly "end" the storyline for LFR players. The "Empowering" items could be entirely outside of the questline themselves, and just be like an item the legendary "consumes". Everybody wins.
    Is that like how the Breath of the Black Prince works, may I ask? I haven't bothered finishing the sigils yet.

And it seems like a nice idea; better than mine at least.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is that like how the Breath of the Black Prince works, may I ask? I haven't bothered finishing the sigils yet.

And it seems like a nice idea; better than mine at least.
    That just gives you a +500 stat gem for sha touched weapons

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    Same time (once on farm). Different effort. Your effort is already rewarded with mounts, thunderforged gear, and higher ilevels. What do you need, a sandwich and a pony, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Same time (once on farm). Different effort. Your effort is already rewarded with mounts, thunderforged gear, and higher ilevels. What do you need, a sandwich and a pony, too?
    The pony will do. Maybe that will be the new reward for Flex and up.

Quote Originally Posted by cmennare View Post
    Like it or not casuals make up a large percentage of the game right now and they pay the same subscription as hardcore raiders, Blizzard understands this and appreciates this which is why there is some gear available to casuals so that they may have a chance to play the game and not wipe over and over. This would discourage them and they would quit paying to play, and Blizzard understands that also. There is a bunch of gear that casuals will never get and is only available to hardcore raiders or PvPers. That is the reward system that Blizzard has set up, 1 little cloak is not going to upset the balance of Azeroth, so let them have it. Chances are the next patch after 5.4 will offer higher ilvl gear to HC players anyways.
    Blizzard understands that casuals make up their playbase but they don't appreciate it, they rue it. They are pumping out more content then ever as fast as they can, yet still are losing subs by the million. The accessibility, lack of depth, simplicity, repetitiveness that defines wow now was put into the game for the sake of casuals who couldn't be bothered to actually learn the complexities of the game. Millions have quit and will continue to do so.

The game is a pale, shallow imitation of what it once was; and we can thank Blizzard's attempt to cater to mainstream casuals for that.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Well to be fair that RNG was gated behind a level of raid progression and your place in the guild, and I see both factors as been more important than the RNG when it came to receiving those items.
    On the "your place in the guild" thing...this was a HORRIBLE aspect of previous legendaries. This was nothing more than a toxic drama-political nightmare for many many many guilds and it simply destroyed a lot of them.

Progression has also typically been over and on farm by the time the majority of the legendaries were actually obtained, with the exceptions of the BT Glaives and Dragonwrath which were actually still useful in the next tier. Vanilla legendaries are a bit of a different case since there wasn't as much artificial week to week gating on them with collection aspects.

This is really the first time Legendaries have been realistically obtainable and useful for progression. That alone outweighs everything from my perspective. I have never ever not cleared a raid tier in WoW before it was outdated and this is the 2nd time anyone in my guild has actually had legendary items during progression and not after it.