Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What do you care? It's a game with a bunch of strangers. Doesn't matter at all in real life. Get your priorities straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    What do you care? It's a game with a bunch of strangers. Doesn't matter at all in real life. Get your priorities straight.
    It's an mmo. So what other players do or have will always affect you or other people in some way. Get your genre right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    It's an mmo. So what other players do or have will always affect you or other people in some way. Get your genre right.
    Which in this particular case the effect is absolutely nothing. If anything it's just beneficial when random strangers in a 5man or something have a legendary and do more DPS and speed things up.

I don't see any negatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    On the "your place in the guild" thing...this was a HORRIBLE aspect of previous legendaries. This was nothing more than a toxic drama-political nightmare for many many many guilds and it simply destroyed a lot of them.

Progression has also typically been over and on farm by the time the majority of the legendaries were actually obtained, with the exceptions of the BT Glaives and Dragonwrath which were actually still useful in the next tier. Vanilla legendaries are a bit of a different case since there wasn't as much artificial week to week gating on them with collection aspects.

This is really the first time Legendaries have been realistically obtainable and useful for progression. That alone outweighs everything from my perspective. I have never ever not cleared a raid tier in WoW before it was outdated and this is the 2nd time anyone in my guild has actually had legendary items during progression and not after it.
    Not saying that the previous legendary systems were great by any means, was just trying to explain why I didn't feel like Vanilla/BC legendaries were merely RNG fests (which is the argument the poster I quoted put forth).

Every system of legendaries has had some form of weakness.

All legendaries pre-Wotlk had the issue of "only one player can get them at once, and they take forever to get, and very few players will end up with them before they're irrelevant to progression".

When Valanyr came about, blizzard tuned up the accessibility knob a tad and generally someone with 30 fragments was someone who could kill Yogg+1, but you could still only work on one healer at once and if they quit the game or left the guild you were in trouble.

Shadowmourne was the next experiment, while still similar to Valanyr it segmented the collection process so that you could have multiple people working on different stages at once. It also varied up the RNG with a few static collection/boss challenge based requirements. Tarecgosa's staff and the Fangs of the Father both used similar systems. The problem was these legendaries stopped working so well in the age of LFR and accessibility, and there was still the issue of guild politics, classes/players feeling left out in general.

So in MoP, they make legendary collection a massive expansion wide quest chain with mixes of RNG collection, static collection and solo challenges, and they made it accessible to anyone and everyone who was willing to put the time in.

Pros of this system:
    - everyone can get a legendary if they want
    - no problem with guild politics and preference
    - mix of completion requirements
    - long-term player investment
    - lore tie ins
    - useful and relevant to progression guilds

Cons of the system:
    - can create rifts in progression guilds with players who are behind
    - rewards such as the stats gem and prismatic socket lack a legendary feel, the meta gem is a lot better in this regard
    - some weird requirements such as the PVP quests to get the prismatic socket, feels very forced and for some players frustrating
    - over-use of RNG, needs more balance
    - solo scenario that doesn't make it completely and utterly clear that it may not be your gear that's failing you
    - can feel more like a chore than a legendary quest (once you're onto your third RNG collection quest...)
    - no tie-ins to raid difficulty, unlike non-legendary gear

Some suggestions that I think would improve the legendary quest for everybody:
    - every reward has some kind of proc or visual benefit which goes beyond "500 agi"
    - let players nurture their legendary rewards for the entire expansion instead of having to drop them
    - make them independant to individual gear slots so that they aren't added to the gear acquiral/maintenance budget
    - let players improve the power of their rewards by completing certain raid difficulty milestones AND/OR make the acquisition of the legendary rewards noticeably faster based on difficulty
    - make rewards have some procs and/or benefits that are class specific and some that are role specific
    - if the quest is going to be RNG, give a guaranteed drop mechanism somewhere so that players know there's an ending, unlike pre-fix secrets, runestones and sigils
    - give some kind of a way for someone who's finished to help a guildie catch up faster (this will be harder though)

I'm open for discussion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The quest chain is so grindy that I wonder, maybe the sane people are the people who don't finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The quest chain is so grindy that I wonder, maybe the sane people are the people who don't finish it.
    AFKing in LFR takes a lot of effort.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    AFKing in LFR takes a lot of effort.
    You can kill 750 mobs on the Isle of Thunder while you're AFK?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You can kill 750 mobs on the Isle of Thunder while you're AFK?
    Depends if you're willing to give someone 20-30k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I don't mind LFR players getting it, but could we get a higher drop chance the higher difficulty it is? It's dissapointing putting in so much more effort (don't say it's not, heroic raiding IS more effort than lfr) yet still getting 1 secret a week on heroic modes.

Something like:
    Heroic - 35% chance
    Normal - 30% chance
    Flex - 25% chance
    LFR - 20% chance
    pretty sure Ra-den since the patch has a 100% droprate to my knowledge. I can't 100% confirm but i know we had 5 people left on runestones last week and all 5 got 1 off ra-den. and this week we had 1 person left on runestones and my monk starting secrets and what do you know we got 1 runestone for him and 1 secret for me. so blizz gave us heroic raiders a nice little anti-RNG. and a nice catch up for heroic raiders swapping toons like me.

10+ Year Old Account
    the legendary will hands down be heroic only... there's no logical reason to make it anything different. If they make it available in LFR, then that just means that blizzard doesn't care about hardcore raiders. Legendaries are legendary for a reason... if everyone ran around with one, what would make them so legendary?
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    the legendary will hands down be heroic only... there's no logical reason to make it anything different. If they make it available in LFR, then that just means that blizzard doesn't care about hardcore raiders. Legendaries are legendary for a reason... if everyone ran around with one, what would make them so legendary?
    Nothing has been hardcore about legendaries to date apart from time invested fishing for random drops or dogged perseverence. They have never been the sole domain of the "hardcore" raider, as much as some of you would like to perpetuate the fiction.

LFR people are going to get the legendary, whatever it is, and people are going to cry. Their tears will be delicious.

There were never legendaries that would come from heroic/hardmode only (well, there was one, but back then heroic just meant it was 25man).

Yes you will get a 'real' legendary in 5.4 from LFR, while being afk.

You will also get a 'real' Gladiator title and mount, if you complete one arena game that season (doesn't have to be a win, you can just afk once it pops).

hmmm i was actually hoping for legendary trinket for the quest line and another legendary weapon for class specific questline like dragonwrath/shadowmourne

@OP yep the wraithon's legendary questline will most likely give legendary by doing lfr
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I can't say it since they frown upon using that word here, but you must be ...

274 guilds have killed Ra-Den. over 28 thousand have killed Jin'Rokh normal. Even with t15 gear only 1054 guilds have killed h Sha of Fear. 48 thousand have killed normal stone guards.

Making content that 1 freaking percent of raiders (who are already a fraction of the total playerbase) will see when it's current means they don't care about hardcore raiders ?

This is by far the most legendary item WoW has ever seen, because it's the only one that's required literally an expansion-long commitment to obtain. Nothing else has required anywhere near this level of time investment.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I can't say it since they frown upon using that word here, but you must be ...

274 guilds have killed Ra-Den. over 28 thousand have killed Jin'Rokh normal. Even with t15 gear only 1054 guilds have killed h Sha of Fear. 48 thousand have killed normal stone guards.

Making content that 1 freaking percent of raiders (who are already a fraction of the total playerbase) will see when it's current means they don't care about hardcore raiders ?

This is by far the most legendary item WoW has ever seen, because it's the only one that's required literally an expansion-long commitment to obtain. Nothing else has required anywhere near this level of time investment.
    Though is it the only legendary you can obtain by logging in, pressing one button to queue from a capital city and then autoattacking each boss. Yes sometimes you may get kicked for just autoattacking but lately I've seen so, so many do just that.

Any legendary obtainable by afk/autoattacking means is not really a legendary and any fun, as you know that even if you put in the effort to kill bosses on normal or heroic, some LFR player who can just autoattack or do 50k dps, can get better luck than you and complete it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Though is it the only legendary you can obtain by logging in, pressing one button to queue from a capital city and then autoattacking each boss. Yes sometimes you may get kicked for just autoattacking but lately I've seen so, so many do just that.

Any legendary obtainable by afk/autoattacking means is not really a legendary and any fun, as you know that even if you put in the effort to kill bosses on normal or heroic, some LFR player who can just autoattack or do 50k dps, can get better luck than you and complete it first.
    Oh well, I'd rather it be RNG than award the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    Oh well, I'd rather it be RNG than award the officers.
    Could just make the items only drop on normal/heroic, as they do now, to each player individually. Or, make the LFR legendary items marked as 'LFR' and reward a lesser version of the final legendary product etc.

Plenty of ways to solve it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Farming multiple legendarys with alt raids and lots of logistics vs clicking 1 button and go watch tv ?
    Yes, such a time commitment, by 5.4, watch, it'll be 2k valor and 10 / 6 stones to collect...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Farming multiple legendarys with alt raids and lots of logistics vs clicking 1 button and go watch tv ?
    Yes, such a time commitment, by 5.4, watch, it'll be 2k valor and 10 / 6 stones to collect...
    My bet: collect 8 wolf pelts!

But anyway: i'm just as curious as all of you - maybe we can find stuff in flexi, normal and heroic mode to further improve the legendary weapons (ie: +ilvl, +proccs, +whatever) but honestly i don't care if a LFR-hero get the same piece in the end, he also needed to collect his VP, stones, etc. and run the instances multiple times.

Yeah, there might be some afk-lords that get it, but i'll probably never see them again ... so. Majority of each lfr group still do their best to get the thing done.