Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Weather you like it or not people will probably get the final legendary from LFR. Blizzard have allowed them to gain everything else thus far and I cannot see them pulling the final piece from people. I'm almost sure Ghostcrawler said something on this matter a few days ago on his twitter.

Something along the lines of " we're to far along to pull it out now, might make people angry " that said I don't care if people get legendaries from LFR or not, at the end of the day my enjoyment doesn't give a rats ass about some forum poster throwing a hissy fit, besides my guild can clear normals.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Those 40k dps LFR heroes don't have a prayer of completing the Celestial Blessing challenge. They won't see the legendary 'til next xpac, so quit whining.
    If the Celestial Blessing becomes a cockblock for the LFR crowd blizzard will step in with the nerf hammer once the masses reach that part of the quest so they can keep progressing on the 5.4 stage in LFR SoO, Would be naive to think blizzard will not nerf it if a lot of casuals and bads struggle with it and reaching it through LFR.

I guess we'll see. For now the scenarios pressure all the play elements that the laughably bad players tend to fail at, and seem quite intentionally to do so.

For all the "why doesn't the game force people to play better" complaints we see, you'd think this at least would be popular with that crowd.

If they did give out the whole legendary quest to LFR for about two tiers now I don't see why they wouldn't do it to SoO if anything they may do a LFR version legendary. It's not even legendary It's just time consuming at most and I do agree sitting there in LFR with your thumb up your you know what afk shouldn't reward you an orange.

I mean really I've done it I sat there alt tabbed watching youtube haha cmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    If they did give out the whole legendary quest to LFR for about two tiers now I don't see why they wouldn't do it to SoO if anything they may do a LFR version legendary. It's not even legendary It's just time consuming at most and I do agree sitting there in LFR with your thumb up your you know what afk shouldn't reward you an orange.

I mean really I've done it I sat there alt tabbed watching youtube haha cmon.
    I think we should get a item "ala original "breath of heaven from 5.0 beta" that increases the ilvl of a weapon by 8-10 and adds a proc and turns it orange. so then LFR gets LFR legendary normal gets normal legendary and heroic gets heroic legendary.
    Mohots---Main
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main
    WhaleWars Alt

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Those 40k dps LFR heroes don't have a prayer of completing the Celestial Blessing challenge. They won't see the legendary 'til next xpac, so quit whining.
    They will nerf it in future just like they nerfed change of comand for sure only not before 5.4 lands

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    They will nerf it in future just like they nerfed change of comand for sure only not before 5.4 lands
    The problem with Change of Command was that it required so many people to take down the boss. Once the first wave was done, it became increasingly difficult (and nearly impossible on low pop servers) to get it done.

The Celestial Challenge, however, can be "naturally nerfed" by 5.4 LFR gear. This extends the life of the content by delaying the majority of people on the quest, since they will start whatever the next grind is later. It's in Blizzard's interests NOT to nerf Cenestial Challenge. Well, they will probably nerf it in 5.5, since the next expansion will be on it's way and it doesn't matter if they shower you with loot that will shortly be vendored for quest greens.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    The problem with Change of Command was that it required so many people to take down the boss. Once the first wave was done, it became increasingly difficult (and nearly impossible on low pop servers) to get it done.
    It's easy doing it now unless your realm is utterly dead. It can be 2-3-manned by people in ToT LFR gear. It was obviously much harder (as in, a real 5-man boss for people in LFR gear at most) back in the first 1-2 months of 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's easy doing it now unless your realm is utterly dead. It can be 2-3-manned by people in ToT LFR gear. It was obviously much harder (as in, a real 5-man boss for people in LFR gear at most) back in the first 1-2 months of 5.1.
    Yes. I'm saying the reason it was nerfed was because pre-nerf, showing up late to the party was a severe road block. I'm willing to be the vast majority of people in this game don't know 5-9 other people well enough to ask them for any kind of favor or help. Two other people is much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    no the hardcore raiders still think it shouldn't be LFR. normal mode is fine if its slower like firelands. but giving 40k dps LFR heroes who can't even gem there shit and afk. Its a fucking embaressment. to see the weapon you worked so hard to get on some POS like that. But w/e not like it really matters we will clear our content and then play this game 1 day a week cause overall wow is a pretty crappy game as of late that most of us only play for the progression scene.
    You are a toddler arent you? "mommy pls dont let timmy have my toys...." i doubt you are a HC raider at all because if you would raid hc you wouldnt give jack about lfr...

Infracted;

I think we should get a item "ala original "breath of heaven from 5.0 beta" that increases the ilvl of a weapon by 8-10 and adds a proc and turns it orange. so then LFR gets LFR legendary normal gets normal legendary and heroic gets heroic legendary.
    No it should be the same for all - where do you "work" MORE for the drops? the only work is the stuff outside the raids - in the raids you only get drops by rng...
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-21 at 08:59 AM.

Pretty sure clearing HC 13/13 is harder than clearing 12/12 LFR. Momirmaster is right though. Most progression guilds only play for that. Spending most of the time doing stuff other than WoW. On farm WoW is a really terrible game to be fair. During progression it's the best. Weird how it works out to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    You are a toddler arent you? "mommy pls dont let timmy have my toys...." i doubt you are a HC raider at all because if you would raid hc you wouldnt give jack about lfr...

No it should be the same for all - where do you "work" MORE for the drops? the only work is the stuff outside the raids - in the raids you only get drops by rng...
    would keep arguing with you but armoried you
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drudatz/simple. 0 normal kills and at least 15+ clears of every place on lfr. so no point in arguing with someone who is already insulting me and who has no idea what raiding is actually about. and will just keep giving me the LFR deserves more bib fed handouts.
    Last edited by momirmaster; 2013-06-21 at 06:36 AM.
    Mohots---Main
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main
    WhaleWars Alt

Makes perfect sense, I'd say an extra 30ilvls+proc would be good. Everyone would get the same legendary "increase", whatever version of a weapon it's applied to but normal and heroic raiders would still see the benefits from having a higher ilvl weapon in the first place.
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

What they should do is make LFR the only way to get a legendary! The world would go deaf and blind from all the visual and verbal nerd rage though.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

would keep arguing with you but armoried you
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drudatz/simple. 0 normal kills and at least 15+ clears of every place on lfr. so no point in arguing with someone who is already insulting me and who has no idea what raiding is actually about. and will just keep giving me the LFR deserves more bib fed handouts.
    Wait what, is that an epeen that just got laid out on the table? You must be proud, needing the acclamation of others with a claim to authority like that.

I don't know I see many LFR geared locks with green fire. If they can manage that solo boss they can easily handle anything the "legendary" chain might throw at them. I think there are more skilled people doing just LFRs this expansion than most realize.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    What you're failing to understand is that killing a boss(es), including the final boss with a traditional raid group is what Blizzard deemed adequate for a legendary in the past. Yes, all you had to do was step into the raid every week and wait for rng to get a legendary. That's because you were already able to kill those bosses, you've already met the difficulty requirements to obtain a legendary. This is not the case anymore in MoP, there are no difficulty requirements.
    Was the same in Wrath and Cataclysm. Bunch of quests, collect some mats from bosses (any bosses) for a bunch of weeks, and then the final stage requires you to kill the end boss. We haven't gotten to the final stage yet so we don't know what it will require do we?

In any case, it only ever required a NM kill, not HM. And you had like 6 months of DS and 12 of ICC to do it. Even GDKPs were killing the Lich King by the end lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

it will be definitely obtainable through LFR else the quest chain would make no sense at all for LFR raider only. On the other hand if you really want to make legendaries exclusive I would make it for 13/13 HC clear only. All the elitists here who cry for LFR loot nerf are most probably stuck on normal mode only and want there exclusive stuff from there too, isn't that a bit unfair for those who clear the content on heroic? Keep in mind that clearing the content on normal isn't that great of a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Pretty sure clearing HC 13/13 is harder than clearing 12/12 LFR. Momirmaster is right though. Most progression guilds only play for that. Spending most of the time doing stuff other than WoW. On farm WoW is a really terrible game to be fair. During progression it's the best. Weird how it works out to be honest.
    Depends on your point of view, I found progression horrible. There went 4 nights per week grinding my face off on a boss that would be easier next week. Farm was nice and easy and I could play my alts and do other things at last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Will running LFR grant you a REAL legendary in 5.4?
    No, I'm pretty sure it's only a game item.