Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What they should do is make LFR the only way to get a legendary! The world would go deaf and blind from all the visual and verbal nerd rage though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    would keep arguing with you but armoried you
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Drudatz/simple. 0 normal kills and at least 15+ clears of every place on lfr. so no point in arguing with someone who is already insulting me and who has no idea what raiding is actually about. and will just keep giving me the LFR deserves more bib fed handouts.
    Wait what, is that an epeen that just got laid out on the table? You must be proud, needing the acclamation of others with a claim to authority like that.

I don't know I see many LFR geared locks with green fire. If they can manage that solo boss they can easily handle anything the "legendary" chain might throw at them. I think there are more skilled people doing just LFRs this expansion than most realize.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    What you're failing to understand is that killing a boss(es), including the final boss with a traditional raid group is what Blizzard deemed adequate for a legendary in the past. Yes, all you had to do was step into the raid every week and wait for rng to get a legendary. That's because you were already able to kill those bosses, you've already met the difficulty requirements to obtain a legendary. This is not the case anymore in MoP, there are no difficulty requirements.
    Was the same in Wrath and Cataclysm. Bunch of quests, collect some mats from bosses (any bosses) for a bunch of weeks, and then the final stage requires you to kill the end boss. We haven't gotten to the final stage yet so we don't know what it will require do we?

In any case, it only ever required a NM kill, not HM. And you had like 6 months of DS and 12 of ICC to do it. Even GDKPs were killing the Lich King by the end lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    it will be definitely obtainable through LFR else the quest chain would make no sense at all for LFR raider only. On the other hand if you really want to make legendaries exclusive I would make it for 13/13 HC clear only. All the elitists here who cry for LFR loot nerf are most probably stuck on normal mode only and want there exclusive stuff from there too, isn't that a bit unfair for those who clear the content on heroic? Keep in mind that clearing the content on normal isn't that great of a deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Pretty sure clearing HC 13/13 is harder than clearing 12/12 LFR. Momirmaster is right though. Most progression guilds only play for that. Spending most of the time doing stuff other than WoW. On farm WoW is a really terrible game to be fair. During progression it's the best. Weird how it works out to be honest.
    Depends on your point of view, I found progression horrible. There went 4 nights per week grinding my face off on a boss that would be easier next week. Farm was nice and easy and I could play my alts and do other things at last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Will running LFR grant you a REAL legendary in 5.4?
    No, I'm pretty sure it's only a game item.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    it will be definitely obtainable through LFR else the quest chain would make no sense at all for LFR raider only. On the other hand if you really want to make legendaries exclusive I would make it for 13/13 HC clear only. All the elitists here who cry for LFR loot nerf are most probably stuck on normal mode only and want there exclusive stuff from there too, isn't that a bit unfair for those who clear the content on heroic? Keep in mind that clearing the content on normal isn't that great of a deal!
    alot of the complaint with LFR nerfs are due to blizz being dumb. Like making LFR the same ilvl as heroic from the tier before, or making PPM trinkets where the LFR versons were a 5% dps increase over Heroic double upgraded trinkets. If I didn't have to go into LFR then I would stop complaining but blizz keeps making decisions that force heroic raiders during progression to do lfr. Like next tier where heroic raiders will have to do LFR for tier/trinkets, and flex for 536 gear which is still higher than last tier's non TF heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    The solo quest for cloak is joke aswell, so yes, running LFR does grant you the 600ilvl cloak. I dont think LFR should have legendary. heck they shouldnt even have tier. They should just give offset items.
    I disagree, some people only raid LFR, like me and I only do it get upgrades and tier sets and legendary items, LFR is a difficulty just like HC and Normal is. As it is now LFR is gated and Normal is not, so normal has that advantage.
    Removing key item's and benefits from LFR will only please 0.01% of the player base. You must have accepted by now that LFR is just a 3rd difficulty.
    LFR is the best thing in wow since LFD, it means I don't have to spent my whole afternoon looking for a group.

Deleted
    I think the LFR crowd will get a legendary wether you like it or not, most likely much later than normal/hc raiders. I see it as smarter version of annual pass.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    20 pages and the answer is already on the first. It is actually a great idea, because when it counts it is about personal skill and the fight is the same difficulty for everyone.[COLOR="red"]
    Heck, in a way, the solo fights are more challenging for LFR-geared players, because of worse gear than normal/HC ones.
    (I haven't reached the Celestial part yet, on Titan Runestones now, so my opinion is based on the one to get a Meta gem)

BTW, how much more difficult is the one for a cloak?
    Last edited by Demoneq; 2013-06-21 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Fixing a typo.

or making PPM trinkets where the LFR versons were a 5% dps increase over Heroic double upgraded trinkets.
    You forgot to add - trinkets "from previous tier". Eventually you will get much-much better version of trinket from normal/heroic mode. Those who do only LFR - that's the best they can get. You can't get even more greedy than that, can you?
    I think we should get a item "ala original "breath of heaven from 5.0 beta" that increases the ilvl of a weapon by 8-10 and adds a proc and turns it orange. so then LFR gets LFR legendary normal gets normal legendary and heroic gets heroic legendary.
    It goes as with phrasing "everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others". History shows that such approach always ends horribly.

Meh, that's just another LFR-hateful thread with many people being victims of new religious sect, based on "Others should pray to us, kneel to us and lick our boots, thus noone should get [insert "legendary", "gear with comparable power", etc.] except us". Exaggerated, but many posters have obvious psychopathological disorder megalomania and can't comprehend that if game will go in the direction they want, they will have noone to play with anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of the complaint with LFR nerfs are due to blizz being dumb. Like making LFR the same ilvl as heroic from the tier before, or making PPM trinkets where the LFR versons were a 5% dps increase over Heroic double upgraded trinkets. If I didn't have to go into LFR then I would stop complaining but blizz keeps making decisions that force heroic raiders during progression to do lfr. Like next tier where heroic raiders will have to do LFR for tier/trinkets, and flex for 536 gear which is still higher than last tier's non TF heroic gear.
    I don't know about you, but I'm not going to replace my 543s with 536s. People who get heroic loot generally upgrade it by 8 ilvls. Having enough valor to do so shouldn't be a problem for someone who takes raiding seriously enough to actually bother with some hcs, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it Civil. Don't attack other posters. Don't judge people by their gear or progress.
    Also stay on topic.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-06-21 at 08:35 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that LFR loot should not be better than upgraded or non-upgraded heroic loot (maybe on par with upgraded normal loot) since all your effort from the last tier raid will be meaningless. And it should also be tuned that heroic geared people should not have to do the LFR versions of raids they will attend in normal/heroic but had no drop luck or progress on yet.

On the other hand the items have to have a certain level to fulfill their purpose in granting casuals and alts a possibility to catch up with the rest to get ready for real raiding or at least give casuals the possibility to stay competitive. It does not make sense if the items are below 495 since you won't be able to successfully do a heroic scenario then which should be open to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    I agree that LFR loot should not be better than upgraded or non-upgraded heroic loot (maybe on par with upgraded normal loot) since all your effort from the last tier raid will be meaningless. And it should also be tuned that heroic geared people should not have to do the LFR versions of raids they will attend in normal/heroic but had no drop luck or progress on yet.

On the other hand the items have to have a certain level to fulfill their purpose in granting casuals and alts a possibility to catch up with the rest to get ready for real raiding or at least give casuals the possibility to stay competitive. It does not make sense if the items are below 495 since you won't be able to successfully do a heroic scenario then which should be open to everyone.
    You can clear ToT in 490 item level though. If you need 520+ item level for ToT it's not a gear issue holding you back. Last night, in a random shitty 10 man alt run we had a Prot Warrior tank HC Jinrohk (on 10 man) in half PvP gear/half heroic scenario gear. We carried an Ele Shaman in 493 item level too. ToT really is an easy raid. I'm fairly certain 10 half decent individuals could clear the instance in 490~ item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeozordon View Post
    Listen here please explain to me where anyone is taking away your enjoyment????

as a normal/hc raider the items was even faster to collect because of LFR you could get your drops from normal/HC and LFR in one week as where the dudes from LFR only had LFR to get it from so they worked even longer on their legandaries up to now and you just want to take it away from them, that my narrowminded friend is not very nice.

and your right if the minority does not enjoy the game anymore WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!! its a MASSIVE-MORPG not a MINORITY-MORPG!!!
    I will quote myself, three or four comments above yours.

Ofcourse it affects everyone. Value (personal and cultural value?) will drop. When everyone is a legend then being a legend is worth less. Maybe in your opinion it doesn't affect you but you can't say it doesn't affect anyone else.

But anyway. I have a feeling you will be able to get one through LFR.
    You are narrowminded if you think getting a legendary through LFR takes more work. Create a guild that raids heroic mode and get a clue. Obviously some people here have no clue how much work it takes and they never will.

And read what you are typing. A heroic raider gets it faster because he/she can do LFR and heroic mode. That's faster obviously because they play more but it's still more work than only slacking in LFR and not having to communicate with anyone or organise anything.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-06-21 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...because there are totally no casuals or bads in normal runs? Hell..if 6 years of raiding have taught me sth...then it is that bads are everywhere. Sorry, but if your guild is now in 1/13 HM or such...you have bads in your guild.
    Never said anything about that and was not my point either, point was that if a lot of people struggle with it and if they could reach it through LFR blizzard will nerf it, there being players not playing perfectly or failing in organised raiding is an entirely different mather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You are narrowminded if you think getting a legendary through LFR takes more work. Create a guild that raids heroic mode and get a clue. Obviously some people here have no clue how much work it takes and they never will.

And read what you are typing. A heroic raider gets it faster because he/she can do LFR and heroic mode. That's faster obviously because they play more but it's still more work than only slacking in LFR and not having to communicate with anyone or organise anything.
    That's not correct.

You get one chance at a boss per week. It's irrelevant whether you use your chance in LFR mode or normal/hc difficulties. A heroic raider doesn't have an advantage in this case other than not having been gated during the first few weeks and therefore having had earlier access to more bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    That's not correct.

You get one chance at a boss per week. It's irrelevant whether you use your chance in LFR mode or normal/hc difficulties. A heroic raider doesn't have an advantage in this case other than not having been gated during the first few weeks and therefore having had earlier access to more bosses.
    Sorry, I quit playing a while ago and misunderstood how it worked. But what I said is exactly what the person I quoted said, right?