Thread: the osu! thread

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

the osu! thread

I have been discussing this with Muzual for a while, occasionally mentioned it on these forums. Well, at long last, here it is!

What is osu! ?
    osu! (http://osu.ppy.sh/) is a freeware rhythm game developed and maintained by mostly one person in Australia (peppy, the author of puush, we all use it!) in which the player focuses on acquiring as many points as possible by clearing the circles, sliders and spinners on a beatmap. (the beatmap is the "level", they differ by difficulty, and they are generally made by other players. (don't worry, they have to be moderated and approved before they get ranked!) )

What should we discuss in here?
    Whatever you want, really. I made this thread with the sole purpose of discussions. It could be osu related, something such as how did you ace *WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BLACK* (don't worry, that's a really difficult map, and Cookiezi is the best player in the world!), how cool your menu background is, but also about random things, such as how did you dump your girlfriend last night becasue you wanted to play more osu!

to be updated

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing it for like the past week on hard~ difficulty for Vocaloid songs with a tablet. My brain melts.

It's a very fun game, if anything my main complaint are the people who make the beatmaps make gigantic difficulty gaps from normal to hard to insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amusingly I in turn love Megurine Luka's voice and some of her songs now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    no fun!
    Agreed! Where's my pp
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Been playing it for like the past week on hard~ difficulty for Vocaloid songs with a tablet. My brain melts.

It's a very fun game, if anything my main complaint are the people who make the beatmaps make gigantic difficulty gaps from normal to hard to insane.
    Just as Muzual mentioned, the stars are meaningless. The author is the only one that matters. There are a bunch of maps called insane, but most of them are actually only hard if you compare them to any of 0108/RLC's maps. Also, finishing a map doesn't mean much either, you have to get a bigger combo, and also some great accuracy.

Deleted
    I think being able to finish it is an accomplishment for the harder ones that you've worked on for a while, I can't remember the sort of maps you play on but being able to finish a new one is quite a big thing for me :3

-unless you're actually going for scoring* then the combos are all that matters I've never been too bothered about my score though, my accuracy is actually horrendous
    If you miss some notes, the song will sound bad.

here, have some real shit:

Deleted
    I've played a bit, both offline and online, but I suck hard at this game. I mostly enjoy going through easy (although some I can't complete, I don't play enough I guess!) because I just want to listen to a good song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my gosh this thread made me download the game.

I spent over an hour raging at it because it kept failing me within a minute of the song even if I thought I was doing perfectly then finally figured out how to properly do it. (Also that I was starting on normal so this one part in the song kept destroying me)

Holy shit I can't stop playing, and I've only been doing Nightcore songs so far.

Deleted
    "your copy of bancho is too old and needs to be updated before online play is possible"
    how long has it been, wow?

Zath what's your username there? Add Muzual
    It's Zatheyll I think. I'm not too sure though. There is a Zatheyll that has joined the game about 17 hours ago. ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Oh my gosh this thread made me download the game.

I spent over an hour raging at it because it kept failing me within a minute of the song even if I thought I was doing perfectly then finally figured out how to properly do it. (Also that I was starting on normal so this one part in the song kept destroying me)

Holy shit I can't stop playing, and I've only been doing Nightcore songs so far.
    Hehe, I recommend starting off with easy maps though, such as the OP of Denpa Onna (that was the first map I have ever finished ). I only started playing normals on my second day. I loved that feeling of acing a map that looked like a massive clusterfuck a couple of days ago!

also, trying something new. I have just incresed my playing surface to *FULL AREA*

hold me
    Last edited by mmoce45982384d; 2013-06-18 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    DDR superior rhythm game omgwtf

I'll admit I've had some fun with it, though osu! has been pushed to the sidelines as of recent. Suppose I should go find some new beatmaps to enjoy as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurumi View Post
    It's Zatheyll I think. I'm not too sure though. There is a Zatheyll that has joined the game about 17 hours ago. ._.
    Are you stalking me?

I'm currently addicted to Baracuda - Where Is The Love (Nightcore Mix) on three star. Trying to get a perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you stalking me?

I'm currently addicted to Baracuda - Where Is The Love (Nightcore Mix) on three star. Trying to get a perfect.
    Play Luka Luka Night Fever. DO eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Deleted
    Are you stalking me?

Even if I can- I don't, because I didn't upgrade my internet yet. But I will! I have that supporter tag that allows me to do so!

10+ Year Old Account
    "your copy of bancho is too old and needs to be updated before online play is possible"
    how long has it been, wow?

Zath what's your username there? Add Muzual
    You aren't showing up. D:

Deleted
    If anyone here knows how to make beatmaps.. if you can make one of this song, i'd make you feel like a king (or not, i'd just be like insanely grateful)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0BPu5m63_go

Deleted
    >http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/825375
    >http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/825403

0 pp, 0 accuracy. This is unfair.

i've been playing this for over 3 years now, you could say im pretty good :P
    here you can see one of my plays (shameless selfpromotion) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxa1M7l-Ieo
    my name is obviously silmarilen :P (profile https://osu.ppy.sh/u/264618 ) if you need help or anything just poke me.
    if you want to see something really impressive watch cookiezi's replay on this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/39804 its harder than the big black
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2013-06-26 at 12:58 PM.

haha i used to have like 5 or 6 infractions down there because of stupid stuff but they go away after 2 weeks, this one should be gone tomorrow aswell

Deleted
    Only saw this now and I'm going to give it a try. No idea what I'm heading into. xD

Deleted
    It's fairly entertaining. I prefer osu!mania the most so far.