Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Dude, this is an Old God. Or at least a manifestation of it. It's only purpose is to corrupt. Youcant use its power without it corrupting you, mentally or visually. That is canon and a tweet by Kosak cant change it. Else we would have Old godmancers as a new class or something, wich use old god power for their own use.
    *Cough cough* The Black Harvest *Cough cough*



  2. #42
    Brewmaster Help ol Gil Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,355
    Meh, Blizzard got lazy and took the easy way out by using the influence of an Old God for the umpteenth time. Whether the character is in control or is corrupt simply adds the illusion that there is depth to what has become a very tired theme.

    I don't care one way or another if Garrosh is in control or not because the overall story-arch has just been far too contrived as well as convoluted and for what? To have Blizzard throw down the 'Old Gods are bad' card.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  3. #43
    Mechagnome Kobomino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Thunder Bluff
    Posts
    526
    I don't know why some people QQ about corruption, basically the whole point of World of Warcraft is corruption on various people. Saregras, Deathwing, Arthas, Garrosh and probably many more!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    I don't think it is like that at all. I think Garrosh is literally being used as the womb for the rebirth of Y'Shaarj.
    i so wanna see garrosh poop a oldgod out of his ass and dangle between it's legs by the unbilecord!
    someone draw that shit!XD
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

  5. #45
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Meh, Blizzard got lazy and took the easy way out by using the influence of an Old God for the umpteenth time. Whether the character is in control or is corrupt simply adds the illusion that there is depth to what has become a very tired theme.

    I don't care one way or another if Garrosh is in control or not because the overall story-arch has just been far too contrived as well as convoluted and for what? To have Blizzard throw down the 'Old Gods are bad' card.
    The only thing that is contrived is posters like you that scream "AMG BAD WRITING" You people lost.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  6. #46
    Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,141
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I want you to look at that eyeball-corruption ridden model that was on the front page and tell me Garrosh will be in full control of himself at that point.
    Perhaps he is. How do we know exactly what effect the power of Y'shaarj has on beings that choose to get as close as Garrosh has? Garrosh is evil. Compare that with another corrupted being who was driven by a different purpose;
    - Arthas
    It's implied heavily that Yogg-saron corrupted Arthas further when he got to Northrend - building a castle out of the old gods blood would be more than enough to send someone batshit insane, but when you mix in demon-armor and a soul stealing blade that whispers to you, it's not going to end well. We know that Yoggy extends to almost all of Northrend, evidenced by the Saronite that's found even down in Dragonblight. Arthas himself was good at one point, but he was driven by vengeance and justice.

    Now look at Cho'gall. He was 'in control' and empowered by C'thun. He was also inherently very evil. He was the leader of the Twilight's Hammer (previously Shadow Council). He was insane, but not to the point of being controlled by an old god. He's driven by bringing about the destruction of the world and of those who wouldn't serve. We know that C'thun's reach extends even to Tanaris.

    Garrosh has taken the Heart of an old god. He's insane, and driven by destroying his enemies, but he's in control. His is not a path of vengeance, or justice. His is one of blood lust. He is akin to Cho'gall more than Arthas. He was a whiny bitch in outlands, and then he suddenly got placed into the highest ranking point of the Horde military. He's gone mad with power, and I'd guess he see's the heart as a tool to get even more power.
    [...]

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    Meh, Blizzard got lazy and took the easy way out by using the influence of an Old God for the umpteenth time. Whether the character is in control or is corrupt simply adds the illusion that there is depth to what has become a very tired theme.

    I don't care one way or another if Garrosh is in control or not because the overall story-arch has just been far too contrived as well as convoluted and for what? To have Blizzard throw down the 'Old Gods are bad' card.
    Well, old gods are the ultimate Villains in azeroth and the WoW universe as far as im concerned. When they are freed, even Sargeras is scared of them. The combined might of the Titan Pantheon was barely able to imprison them, and now that their champion is no longer from their faction, If old gods were free once more, i doubt the titans could replicate that success.
    (ofcourse player characters are immortal and can defeat anything.)
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Hah! I told you I f'ing told you nanananananan
    How old are you? I'm sincerely curious.

    Pretty sure Blizzard has said at numerous occasions that Garrosh would be in control. Those who believe he was corrupted either didn't read or were just stupid.

    What is this thread about, really? We should've known Garrosh wouldn't be corrupted, regardless of exterior.
    I'm not a native English speaker, and yet, I don't suck at English. The argument "English is not my mother tongue" doesn't actually give you an excuse to do so.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Well, old gods are the ultimate Villains in azeroth and the WoW universe as far as im concerned. When they are freed, even Sargeras is scared of them. The combined might of the Titan Pantheon was barely able to imprison them, and now that their champion is no longer from their faction, If old gods were free once more, i doubt the titans could replicate that success.
    (ofcourse player characters are immortal and can defeat anything.)
    Except there's no *insanity corruption or the like* Garrosh was already corrupt from the get go but you don't get it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  10. #50
    Scarab Lord foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    4,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No it's not bad writing. You're lying. It's good writing. Garrosh was already corrupt before he touched the Heart.
    Good writing. lol

    So the mantid queen, Taran Zhu, many other notable denizens on pandaria, and not to mention alliance/horde soldiers can be taken over completely by the sha, but Garrosh is somehow able to completely avoid any trace of corruption. Never mind the fact that he's constantly putting himself in situations where the sha boogy man would get him what with his excavations and research and even being right beside another orc who grows sha tentacle arms. Bad writing. That is all. But I'll probably have to repeat myself 4,000 times to every totally dense person on this site who can't see that's an obvious fallacy/plothole, so I think I'ma just stop now.

    And I can't help but notice that Batman avatar. Comic books in general are just a breeding ground for horrible writing so I can understand the bias. Multiple universes, time travel, characters never actually staying dead, batman being invincible, characters constantly being recycled/reimagined. No thanks.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2013-06-17 at 08:04 PM.
    Look! Words!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Looking at the Garrosh fight itself in the Dungeon Journal, I think *we* might be responsible for the final push. We seem to fight incarnations of doubt and fear and despair. Might be we at the same time purge Garrosh himself (providing of course he hasn't been doing so already in some way).

    Though Garrosh hasn't always been this... determined. In fact, for a long time he was very malleable indeed. Seems he's finally decided to make a stand, though for worse.
    This is really why I really like the Garrosh character arc. From Nagrand, to Wrath, to Cata, to now ... honestly he's cycled through all the emotions the Sha embody. Doubt, Fear and Despair in Nagrand. Hatred, Anger, Violence in Wrath/Cata/MoP ... Pride in Cata and MoP.

    For him, he has to believe he's doing the right thing. He's abandoned Doubt/Fear/Despair. He won't let himself feel those emotions anymore, because they made him weak (in his mind). Anyone who questions him in any regard questions his very being -- questioning his efficacy is a threat to send him back to his weak state in Nagrand. He will not tolerate it.

    The Horde have made strong gains under his leadership. He believes he is the leader the (True) Horde needs. He truly believes this. He will stop at nothing to maintain and propagate the glory of his people. He was already looking to weaponize the Sha, and when the Revolution comes crashing down on Org, he has no choice but to follow in his father's footsteps and, by any means necessary, crush those who would send his Horde into darkness.

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Except there's no *insanity corruption or the like* Garrosh was already corrupt from the get go but you don't get it.
    You mistake corrupt for dumb. And insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    Thats what Kosak is talking about, the art might look like Garrosh is corrupted up the ass, but he's just using it as a tool to buff himself. He's still in control of it, not the other way around.
    Like how Deathwing was in control? or how the Keepers of Ulduar were in control? Nobody can control the old gods or sha not even the mighty dragon aspects and you expect me to believe Garrosh can lol RETCON INCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Perhaps he is. How do we know exactly what effect the power of Y'shaarj has on beings that choose to get as close as Garrosh has? Garrosh is evil. Compare that with another corrupted being who was driven by a different purpose;
    - Arthas
    It's implied heavily that Yogg-saron corrupted Arthas further when he got to Northrend - building a castle out of the old gods blood would be more than enough to send someone batshit insane, but when you mix in demon-armor and a soul stealing blade that whispers to you, it's not going to end well. We know that Yoggy extends to almost all of Northrend, evidenced by the Saronite that's found even down in Dragonblight. Arthas himself was good at one point, but he was driven by vengeance and justice.

    Now look at Cho'gall. He was 'in control' and empowered by C'thun. He was also inherently very evil. He was the leader of the Twilight's Hammer (previously Shadow Council). He was insane, but not to the point of being controlled by an old god. He's driven by bringing about the destruction of the world and of those who wouldn't serve. We know that C'thun's reach extends even to Tanaris.

    Garrosh has taken the Heart of an old god. He's insane, and driven by destroying his enemies, but he's in control. His is not a path of vengeance, or justice. His is one of blood lust. He is akin to Cho'gall more than Arthas. He was a whiny bitch in outlands, and then he suddenly got placed into the highest ranking point of the Horde military. He's gone mad with power, and I'd guess he see's the heart as a tool to get even more power.
    Well put, but I would more or less relate him to Rend Blackhand more so than Cho'gall, all things considered.

    Much like Blackhand, Garrosh assumes that the orcs are the master race, so to speak, and that they deserve to rule all. Garrosh belives that the orcs he has given birth to are the "true" orcs and that his horde is the "true" horde. Whether or not this ideology maintains itself through his lust for power during the siege remains to be seen.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Like how Deathwing was in control? or how the Keepers of Ulduar were in control? Nobody can control the old gods or sha not even the mighty dragon aspects and you expect me to believe Garrosh can lol RETCON INCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Imma gonna let you finish bu-RETCON!
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    Like how Deathwing was in control? or how the Keepers of Ulduar were in control? Nobody can control the old gods or sha not even the mighty dragon aspects and you expect me to believe Garrosh can lol RETCON INCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

    It's not a ret-con.

    Good writing. lol
    Yup, you're just denying it like many posters here.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    i so wanna see garrosh poop a oldgod out of his ass and dangle between it's legs by the unbilecord!
    someone draw that shit!XD
    I imagine it would just burst out of his chest like a xenomorph and devour him.

  18. #58
    Amazing how people are denying the facts said by Blizzard... Just amazing...

  19. #59
    So ... Blizzard themselves state he's not corrupted, but people still maintain he's corrupted.

    People will believe what they want to believe even in the face of irrefutable evidence to the contrary. I wonder how many people in here believe humans have nothing to do with climate change, too.

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    That's what they said about Arthas and Frostmourne, and we all remember who ended up wielding whom.
    That's what Arthas thought, no dev has ever said it. He became corrupted the second he grabbed Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •