Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It's all about context. The old gods worked hard to mind rape Deathwing; they turned him into their personal engine of wanton destruction and used him to that effect.

Garrosh hasn't even been exposed to the old gods/sha yet, and when he finally is, he's infusing himself with their residual power (the heart of a deceased old god) for his own purposes. Yeah, he looks like a monster, but it's self-inflicted.

I don't see an inconsistency. Garrosh's experience with the old gods is the complete inverse of anything we've seen so far.
    know your lore and then you would see you are wrong as Old gods cant die and even though we vanquish them they are not really dead. He also has eyes coming out of his body like Cho'Gall. Yes i know Kosak said he is not corrupted and is in complete control but lets face it lately Blizz has gotten real lazy and shitty with their lore and storytelling. If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and acts like a duck it must be a duck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Bad writing. (confirmed)
    Smartass above. (confirmed)

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Garrosh FTW!
    This is the kind of comment i want to read at least by a Garrosh's fan. Not some "boo boo Metzen twisted my hero from great warchief to batshit craziness"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Dude, this is an Old God. Or at least a manifestation of it. It's only purpose is to corrupt.
    First, that is not an Old God, the Old God in question is all but dead. That it's just a chunck of it. Second, the Old Gods don't corrupt with magic, they just break wills with insane whispers. And seems that at this point Garrosh is so zealot by himself that the whispers don't make a fuck to him.

So the things are two: or the Old God manipulate him completely and use Garrosh for its own ends, or not. And by Kosak statement, it's obviously the second.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-17 at 08:53 PM.

So blizzard got wind of us not liking the whole "and then he gets corrupted and must be killed" story over and over again, so they make a tweet to tell us that the exact same story we always have is actually not the same story, but just looks like the story we always have?

Thats genius gameplay! Maybe ghostcrawler could make a tweet about the game being balanced and then the game would finaly be balanced!

(this is actually constructive feedback telling blizzard to make that clear ingame, in case they didnt plan to)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    know your lore and then you would see you are wrong as Old gods cant die and even though we vanquish them they are not really dead. He also has eyes coming out of his body like Cho'Gall. Yes i know Kosak said he is not corrupted and is in complete control but lets face it lately Blizz has gotten real lazy and shitty with their lore and storytelling. If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck and acts like a duck it must be a duck.
    Old Gods can't die, except for the one that is dead... Why are we still ignoring the lore that is presented to us? We can to the conclusion, months ago, why the Titans decided to jail the other Old Gods, because Y'shaarj's death gave birth to the Seven Sha.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Old Gods can't die, except for the one that is dead... Why are we still ignoring the lore that is presented to us? We can to the conclusion, months ago, why the Titans decided to jail the other Old Gods, because Y'shaarj's death gave birth to the Seven Sha.
    but... but... Y'shaarj isn't dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    know your lore and then you would see you are wrong as Old gods cant die and even though we vanquish them they are not really dead.
    Ermm, man, what WE did to the Old Gods don't matter. Y'shaarj has been killed by the TITANS, not shitty mortals, and has been confirmed more than one time that Y'shaarj is all but DEAD. Check your facts.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-17 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Well Garrosh has to be super strong in some way, it wouldn't make sense for us to fight a normal, though pretty strong, orc.
    Agreed.

All the other expansion ending bosses have wielded god-like power, and they needed it to be a credible threat until their health hit 0. If Garrosh is just a normal orc, then we'd basically win the war after we breach the defenses of Orgrimmar, killing Garrosh would just a matter of tying up a loose end.

But if Garrosh has the power of a dead old god in his hands, then he can be a threat right up until his face hits the ground.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    but... but... Y'shaarj isn't dead
    No it's dead, Kosak said it, and what we see now is but a shadow of the former God.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-06-17 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Well, old gods are the ultimate Villains in azeroth and the WoW universe as far as im concerned. When they are freed, even Sargeras is scared of them. The combined might of the Titan Pantheon was barely able to imprison them, and now that their champion is no longer from their faction, If old gods were free once more, i doubt the titans could replicate that success.
    (ofcourse player characters are immortal and can defeat anything.)
    The way the story is told though the Old Gods made a world, Azeroth, and populated it with all manners of things to serve them. the Titans wtf came out of the nether an pwned them, destroyed or subjugated the creations of the Old Gods, subjugated the Old Gods themselves, and then spawned a bunch of stuff on the planet the Old God's made originally. Then the Old God's worked their magic and corrupted the some opf the creatures the Titans made into flesh. Those creatures later became every race on Azeroth. While the Old Gods are not all sunshine and flowers, the story we know so far really points to the Titans being colossal schoolyard bullies in the cosmos. History is written by the victor.

Garrosh is following in his Fathers footsteps... if your going to draw on similarities to past villains start there... I'd bet he will even sacrifice himself at the end and be dubbed a hero despite his many, many sins.

Same story different Hellscream.

Regardless time to hit Karazhan and pick up a Gorehowl for transmog.
    Last edited by Lazarusx; 2013-06-17 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Y'shaarj is explicitly dead. Everyone and everything (in-game and out) names it the "deceased" old god out of the bunch.

Anyway, I think you're focusing on the wrong angle of this argument. I mean, yeah, he ends up pretty ravaged by the shit he's doing. He has ominous Cho'gall-esque eyes all over his body and he's ruined that lovely axe of his.

But he did all of that of his own free will; he knows what he's doing, and he keeps doing it to himself. He wasn't targeted for corruption, and Blizzard has straight up told us that nothing is altering his behaviour. He's just a massive jackass with a lot of power at his disposal.

It does look like a duck, but it evidently doesn't quack like one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't confuse Sha with Y'shaarj him/herself.

I support Dokhidamo, he controls the Sha because of the knowledge and power harnessed through the Divine Bell research.
    But the Old God in full power is not something that a mere mortal could control. Recall Ulduar, people. How much we had to do in order to bring the image of Yogg'Saron down! You cannot kill an old god, you can kill his image, physical manifestation.

There's simply no way Garrosh could control Y'shaarj, he will prolly become some sort of a voodoo doll at the end. Twisted creation, like Cho'gall.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I'm pretty sure Y'shaarj is explicitly dead. Everyone and everything (in-game and out) names it the "deceased" old god out of the bunch.

Anyway, I think you're focusing on the wrong angle of this argument. I mean, yeah, he ends up pretty ravaged by the shit he's doing. He has ominous Cho'gall-esque eyes all over his body and he's ruined that lovely axe of his.

But he did all of that of his own free will; he knows what he's doing, and he keeps doing it to himself. He wasn't targeted for corruption, and Blizzard has straight up told us that nothing is altering his behaviour. He's just a massive jackass with a lot of power at his disposal.

It does look like a duck, but it evidently doesn't quack like one.
    True, but I guess that in the end the power will overcome his will and twist his vision to its own liking. He will become murderous weapon, driven by madness, out of control. I just can't see him being fully aware of what he's doing and what to expect.

You didn't just play with fire, you soaked the matches in gasoline.
    Last edited by Spray; 2013-06-17 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaotus View Post
    The way the story is told though the Old Gods made a world, Azeroth, and populated it with all manners of things to serve them. the Titans wtf came out of the nether an pwned them, destroyed or subjugated the creations of the Old Gods, subjugated the Old Gods themselves, and then spawned a bunch of stuff on the planet the Old God's made originally. Then the Old God's worked their magic and corrupted the some opf the creatures the Titans made into flesh. Those creatures later became every race on Azeroth. While the Old Gods are not all sunshine and flowers, the story we know so far really points to the Titans being colossal schoolyard bullies in the cosmos. History is written by the victor.
    Actually, the Old Gods came after the Titans, according to the Ulduar Tribunal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/346701477290573824

can we accept that he's just a bad egg now? Hes using the power of the sha like a warhammer, but he's in control of it.
    Oh I can accept it, I've said he was an asshole from the beginning.

But fact is, well he is in control of it (you know, like Alexia Ashford was in control of the T-Veronica Viris) he as still willingly allowed himself to become corrupted by an old god and let his body become this thing.

This just makes it more satisfying having to kill him. Because knowing that he hasn't become corrupted by a source as the reason for him being an asshole means we can't use anything as a scapegoat in this, he's just a douche.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    So it is confirmed we kill him than.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Don't confuse Sha with Y'shaarj him/herself.

I support Dokhidamo, he controls the Sha because of the knowledge and power harnessed through the Divine Bell research.
    But the Old God in full power is not something that a mere mortal could control. Recall Ulduar, people. How much we had to do in order to bring the image of Yogg'Saron down! You cannot kill an old god, you can kill his image, physical manifestation.

There's simply no way Garrosh could control Y'shaarj, he will prolly become some sort of a voodoo doll at the end. Twisted creation, like Cho'gall.
    But...we're not dealing with an old god in full power, just remenants of one, thats basicly dead. And hes exploiting the hell out of them. How many times does this have to be said T.T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    So it is confirmed we kill him than.
    Unless he becomes an Old God himself and survives somehow.

I love how even presented with concrete evidence by the creators of the game that he isn't corrupted and fully in control, people like to pretend it means little compared to their subjective theories. I guess that's the internet for you.

I like the idea that he's using the power of the Sha, and it's basically confirmed at this point that Y'shaarj isn't alive (as far as "dead" old gods go anyways). It's nice to have a bit of change and that Garrosh is just a dominating dictator who will do anything for power, but is actually headstrong enough to stay in control of his actions.

OMG A BAD GAI WE CAN KILL BECAUSE HE'S A CONQUISTADOR WHO NEEDS TO BE STOPPED INSTEAD OF ANOTHER SUPERNATURALLY CORRUPTED CHARACTER!?

*cough*

Hooray!
    Do not underestimate us.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    so nobody else has been able to resist the old golds when they come calling not even mighty dragon aspects but now somehow some dumb regular orc can resist the old gods coruption and actualy use it like a tool lmao that is so a retcon.
    This is not a terribly uncommon theme in fantasy. Often dark curses / powerful demons / and such are circumvented/controlled by idiots.