LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodNewsEveryone View Post
    1) Return of the Career.
    2) Glory of the Marriage.
    3) Doom of the Kids.
    Your name + post = irony...

OT; 1. Return to outland (outland revamped with newer zones discovered)
    2. Azshara with the forgotten depths (inc. south seas)
    3. Fall of argus (somehow the draenei's managed to see that their homeland has been destroyed so we are set to argus to prevent the legion and destroy their threat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    Uhm.. if you do the very first part of the Wrathion chain, you can see the whole of Azeroth.
    You could see the whole of Azeroth in Ulduar as well. Guess what it didn't show?

Exactly. Things change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'll give you 4, because the first two I mention could very well be merged into one if Blizz wants.

Expansion V: Invasion of Azeroth, Blue Child is added, Broken and Ogre added.

Expansion VI: Kil'jaedan and Argus, Argus is added, Ethereal and Demon Hunter added.

Expansion VII: Azshara and the Great Sea, Great Sea is added, Murloc and Jinyu added.

Expansion VIII: Sylvanas and the New Scourge, Dark Side of Azeroth is added, Forsaken split off as their own third faction.
    awww yeah i could just imagine it! "in this new expansion we realized azeroth was missing something so we finally added it in. i am proud to announce here live to everyone, wow now has TWO moons! you wont see them though because theres still no day/night cycle."
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What I'm saying is you can't predict the next three because at the very least one will have to be new.
    Agreed, WoW lore can only go so far on what they currently have, with the client strings we saw in the next blizzard launcher they have upto xpac 12 (if i remember correctly) planned, i know how much people would love for current lore to be expanded (myself included) but they need to move on to new things to stretch it out that far, and im okay with that, the lore of Pandaria was fantastic and i hope they do the same kind of thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmartinix View Post
    rofl thinking this game will last 3 more expansions
    Even everquest has more expansions than WoW, you honestly think they're going to stop milking this money machine? Even with a million players it's profitable

You guys are just listing the remaining lore villains. You realise they will eventually kill them all off right? I mean sure we could have 50 expansions where we fight the Burning Legion on 50 different planets but that would be a bit bloody repetitive wouldn't it?

At some point they're going to need to create new villains. In fact even one new expansion where we fight the Legion would be very very similar to TBC.

And frankly Azshara is the sort of thing you'd expect to see tied up in some expansion's B plot. Hell Malygos was the boss of the B plot in early Wrath content... and he was a shitload more powerful and important than Azshara.

I think at most they could stretch the existing lore to 1-2 more expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 02:27 AM ----------

I just want to say to this and all the other "Titan related" suggestions: what exactly are we going to do with the Titans once we finally meet them? Spend a whole expansion getting their autographs?

The reason the Titans are even interesting is that they're mysterious and absent and hinted at. Once you start hanging around with them all the time they're just another bunch of dudes.

I kind of hope we never see a Titan in-game.

I uhh, don't think the Titans would be our buddies. Many people think so, but I doubt it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    awww yeah i could just imagine it! "in this new expansion we realized azeroth was missing something so we finally added it in. i am proud to announce here live to everyone, wow now has TWO moons! you wont see them though because theres still no day/night cycle."
    "So instead you can see it by standing on it."

Blue Child would be the "continent/world" added.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I suspect the next one will be Burning Legion related, but not necessarily Kil'jaeden. We might just be going on the offensive, starting with the Dreadlords - going to their homeworld to find out if they can actually be killed or prisoned.

Then we can have an Azshara and Old Gods themed expansion all in one, set at the bottom of the sea, in the Abysal Maw and far beneith the earth (maybe touching into Deepholme again). Thus we'd get actual variety and not just Naga non-stop, and a bit more information on the Old Gods (not to mention resolution about Neptulon).

Then we could have a Trial of the Titans themed expansion, where the Titans are taking more of an interest in Azeroth again and are trying to decide if we're worth preserving. Not entirely sure where it could be set, but the entire expansion could be a series of trials where we're sent off to defeat challenging the Titans set up for us, including defeating some of them in combat (the lesser ones, obviously, not Amun'thul).

And then beyond, because I seriously doubt WoW will end so soon.

The reason the Titans are even interesting is that they're mysterious and absent and hinted at. Once you start hanging around with them all the time they're just another bunch of dudes.

I kind of hope we never see a Titan in-game.
    Fight them?
    The Pantheon aren't exactly good guys, they go around to different planets, invade them, destroy or subdue the native inhabitants, and then remake the worlds the way they see fit, leaving behind slave-races to continue to do their bidding. Their solution to anything outside of their control on a planet is to destroy all life on the planet and start over.

It's sort of inevitable that eventually we'll have to fight against them.

I'd say:
    World of Warcraft: War of Emerald Flame
    (As in the burning legion, not as in the Emerald Dream)
    An expansion in which the mortal races fight the Legion both on Azeroth as well as on Argus, waging war back and forth between massive portals.
    Features:
    -Neutral race - Ethereal
    -Dynamic back and forth engagements between the Legion and the Alliance and Horde, taking, fortifying and expanding keeps and strongholds in Argus, and attempting to prevent the legion from doing the same on Azeroth.
    -The return of Illidan to lead a new, neutral/good aligned demonic order, like the knights of the ebon blade, but for warlocks.
    Outland brought up to current lore.

World of Warcraft: Light of the Depths
    An expansion in which, having shattered the Legion's hold on Argus, and forced the demons back in to the deepest reaches of the Great Dark and Twisting Nether. The mortal races return home to deal with the renewed threat of N'zoth and Azshara in both the Emerald Dream and in a a massive system of twisting caverns and enclosed underwater cities on and beneath the sea floor in the middle of the Great Sea.
    Features:
    -New Class - Tinker
    -sprawing neutral city of Undermine
    -Four specializations for each class, Maybe tri-spec.
    -(Wishful thinking) New(2015/2016) server technology allowing for the seamless joining of the whole of Azeroth across the oceans of the planet. A person can simply sail out from Kalimdor across to the eastern kingdoms, or Pandaria or Northrend. Dozens of small islands dot the oceans, and these can be claimed by guilds or individuals based on a bidding system similar to the Black Market AH. Once purchased they act as a personal little hub with portals to various towns, an innkeeper, discounted repairing/reforging/transmog etc. As well as having decent-sized farms similar to current Halfhill, allowing a guild/person to farm expansion mats for food/crafting, etc.
    -Shipbuilding/sailing, a new secondary profession allowing players to craft their own ships to travel around the world (Flying mounts still suffer from fatigue, so crossing between continents on one doesn't work, but normal ships/zeps are still around if you don't feel like leveling the profession)

World of Warcraft: The Eternal Struggle
    The final wow expansion, The titans return to attempt a re-origination of the planet, but are unable to gain a solid foothold on Azeroth. The expansion creates an open ended setting in which the game can be continued via large content patches instead of expansions. The main conflict consists of the struggle between the mortal races and the order-obsessed titans. Wherein the mortal races attempt to free the slave races (Earthen, iron vrykul, stone tol'vir/mogu, etc) from Titan control, and disrupt titan operations across the worlds linked by the twisting nether.
    This expansion introduces the idea of Titan technology, that fantasy/sci-fi cross over of arcane/magic powered advanced technology (Sort of like Naaru ship tech) that allows mortals to travel safely through the nether and the great dark without being harmed.
    features
    -regular content patches introducing new battlegrounds and dungeons (of varying level), as well as new raids (Where the ilevel only increases 1-2 each additional tier, rather than continuously expanding great amounts) new zones and factions, pets mounts, etc etc. Rather than 3 content patches and then an expansion, it will follow a system like Vanilla, where patches of content come out without a specific ordered system or number.

10+ Year Old Account
    5) bc2.0
    6) azshara
    7) titan stuffs/void

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmartinix View Post
    rofl thinking this game will last 3 more expansions
    You'd be silly to think it couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    I dont get why some people think its NOT burning legion related....OF COURSE IT IS.

The legendary quest line is all about Wrathion's attempt to unite the horde and alliance against a common enemy, which clearly shows infernals hitting Azeroth.

Its burning legion

next expansion after that will be the final one which will be Titan Related
    I was with you until you said "final one" As long as there is money to be made the game will continue. We won't ever actually stop sargaras simply because of that fact. At least until WoW is no longer profitable and maybe they finish the story with WC4.... In fact everyone just quit right now so they can make WC4
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    1. Fall of the Alliance - The Horde finally drive the ally scum into the ocean 300 style.
    2. Purge of the Blood Elves - Those loyal to the Warchief shall live in utopia.
    3. Return of The Warchief - Garrosh's son/daughter reclaims the mantle of Warchief.

This trilogy will guarantee 12 mil+ subs again.
    1 is one of the worst ideas I have seen on here, rivaled to some degree by 2. Killing pvp and insuring over 1/2 of the ppl that play lose toons if not all of them and quit, this would bring WoW to 1.2 million not up to 12.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Legion, South Seas, and I couldn't even guess. Two out of three. It's interesting that the mail you get with the new store mount says specifically they come from the South Seas area. Perhaps meaningless, maybe not.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    1 is one of the worst ideas I have seen on here, rivaled to some degree by 2. Killing pvp and insuring over 1/2 of the ppl that play lose toons if not all of them and quit, this would bring WoW to 1.2 million not up to 12.
    Pretty sure #1 was a joke, #2 probably also a joke although I could see the blood elves breaking off and forming a third faction.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Burning Legion, South Seas, and I couldn't even guess. Two out of three. It's interesting that the mail you get with the new store mount says specifically they come from the South Seas area. Perhaps meaningless, maybe not.
    I thought that too. Although the faerie dragon makes me wonder about an Emerald Dream expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Azshara/Old Gods, Half-assed Legion invasion with more Old God stuff (cause eff the Legion seriously), Titans more Old Gods (cause we'll find out Old Gods elsewhere in the universe are the reason demons exist and Sargeras fell into despair).

Emerald Flame refers to Satyrs and their ragtag band of isolated and abandoned demons on Azeroth following the Sundering.
    No, "Lords of Emerald Flame" refers to the abandoned demons left on Azeroth after the sundering.
    "Emerald Flame" refers to felfire, and thus is perfectly suited to imply that the war involves demonic forces.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think that an expansion allways foreshadows not what happens in the next expansion, but TWO expansions later. This might be a bit far fetched, but bear with me for a second.

Classic had a lot of Scourge content (Eastern/Western Plaguelands, Naxxramas). Two expansions later, we have Wrath of the Lich King.

Burning Crusade had some stuff about black dragons (Blades Edge Mountains, all the fuzz about the "original" Outlands map with Deathwings Lair or whatever it was). Two expansions later, we have Cataclysm.

Wrath of the Lich King featured the continent of Northrend, wich is also a big setting in Warcraft 3, wich had a pandaren hero unit. Two expansions later, we have Mists of Pandaria.

Cataclysm has a whole zone devoted to underwater stuff, Aszhara makes a small appearance in an Alliance questline, Nzoth is mentioned. Two expansions later has not happened yet.

Mists of Pandaria has the features the Legion through the legendary questline, and a lot of the things said are pretty obvious hints. Two expansions later has not happened yet.

So, thats why i think it will go like this:

2 expansions after Cataclysm (the one after mists): World of Warcraft: Fury Of The Maelstrom. Aszhara returns and brings us a lot of filthy stinking fish people. We can then deal with her, and propably with N'zoth. Also, we travel to (the remains?) of Zandalar, and King Rastakhan officially joins the Horde. Zul and the golden fleet are mentioned.

2 expansions after Mists of Pandaria (the one after Fury): World of Warcraft: The Age of Hell. The Legion partly invades Azeroth, and it is upon us to kick some demon ass on Azeroth and probably on one of their planets. (I do not think it will be Argus though. If i remember right, Argus is the main planet of the Burning Legion, and thus where Sargeras probably hangs out, and i think it is too soon to start an attack on him). Could also feature Sylvannas and her "New Scourge".

2 expansions after Fury, we get: World of Warcraft: Legacy of the Golden Fleet: Zul returns, and... well, it's basically a looooooooot of Troll stuff.

Edit: Though i think a lot of people will be pissed if the next one is not Burning Legion themed
    Last edited by LegendaryDude; 2013-06-18 at 07:28 AM.

The three will probably be;

1. Burning legion invasion, could be either an outland revamp (not likely imho, Blizzard learned from their mistake with Cata), or somewhere else (like Argus).

2. Azshara and the South Seas. Would be cool, but no underwater zones please.

3. The opposite side of Azeroth. I know maps show nothing there, but maps made in Europe 500 years ago also didn't have the whole world on them.

In which order they do these isn't really known at all and anyone's guess is as good as mine. Burning Legion could be a good upswing to WoW and work good for WoW's 10th anniversary next year, but they might also want to hold it off to not get rid of too many bad guys just yet.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Edit: Though i think a lot of people will be pissed if the next one is not Burning Legion themed
    I'll be more pissed if it's Troll-themed, we have had enough Troll storylines to last us the rest of this game's lifetime. Gnomes have gotten squat.

If anything, let's have a Gnome-themed expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King featured the continent of Northrend, wich is also a big setting in Warcraft 3, wich had a pandaren hero unit. Two expansions later, we have Mists of Pandaria.
    That's a pretty silly attempt to connect the two.