Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop whining about everything...damn
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    Smells like I'm gonna be putting Mongoose on all my agility characters just for the effect (if the agility is comparable to dancing steel).
    Didn't they say it would scale down but not up? Unless I read this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    Didn't they say it would scale down but not up? Unless I read this wrong.
    Nope, you read correctly. Enchants won't scale upward, only downward. Similar to how BoA gear works. Once you hit its max level, it scales no longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    You canal way upgrade the old ones to go to 85
    Well, I only have one at 81 with upgraded gear, that'll be like a day to hit MoP if I can find time, then I have an 85, an 88, an 89 and 7 90s. Maybe if they make the heirlooms account-wide with enchants will this be a decent change. I need to level my other server's "Herald" toon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Nope, you read correctly. Enchants won't scale upward, only downward. Similar to how BoA gear works. Once you hit its max level, it scales no longer.
    So that just means that we will throw the strongest 90-80/85 enchants we can find then. Sad that Crusader won't scale
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I can see it now..

*Player spends 7000g on 2x Dancing Steel enchants*
    *Applies to daggers and sends to his lv10 Rogue*

*Has a chance to increase Agility by 1 for 10 seconds!*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that just means that we will throw the strongest 90-80/85 enchants we can find then. Sad that Crusader won't scale
    We don't know what the hell it means yet.

We don't know if for example Crusader will also be scaled down if used on a <level 60 character. I assume it won't but I don't know yet.

We don't know if the effects of any low-level enchants will be changed.

Et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    We don't know what the hell it means yet.

We don't know if for example Crusader will also be scaled down if used on a <level 60 character. I assume it won't but I don't know yet.

Et cetera.
    I'm going on more about the fact I would have loved having crusader on my level 90 tank. Hell I'm one of the few enchanters left on my realm with things like battle master, lifestealing and crusader
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I can see everyone chanting their BOA weapons with the good stuff and becoming WAY OP!!!
    Except for this:
    High level enhancements will scale down when placed on a low level item.
    This was done so that you can enchant your heirlooms and have them scale up as you level. This isn't going to change the game drastically. All it's going to do is to render the low level enchantments completely obsolete.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 04:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Actually we do know something about them:
    Low level enhancements do not scale up when placed on a high level item.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Except for this:

This was done so that you can enchant your heirlooms and have them scale up as you level. This isn't going to change the game drastically. All it's going to do is to render the low level enchantments completely obsolete.:
    We definitely do not know that.

It seems likely to me that the effects of enchants will not scale as long as they are on a character of intended level. In other words, Crusader will probably continue to proc +100 strength on any character level 1-60. So it will likely be better than other enchants for strength characters for most of below 60.

But, I don't know.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 01:58 PM ----------

I'm going on more about the fact I would have loved having crusader on my level 90 tank. Hell I'm one of the few enchanters left on my realm with things like battle master, lifestealing and crusader
    I think there's been one Battlemaster recipe in our AH during the past two years. Not a single Spellsurge.

---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 02:11 PM ----------

As of right now on the PTR, vanilla enchants work same as always:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9309481427

Well, I copied my 49 Monk over to PTR, her +4 stats was still +4 stats, her +25 agi on her weapon was +25, and so on. The only ones that had "Changed" was the shoulder and helm enchant she had no longer had red text, but were scaled down a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    I can see it now..

*Player spends 7000g on 2x Dancing Steel enchants*
    *Applies to daggers and sends to his lv10 Rogue*

*Has a chance to increase Agility by 1 for 10 seconds!*
    ROFLMAO! lol
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I had gotten the herald of the titans achievement then, since the cata( and for some professions mop) enchants were very powerful at 80. Then again, it might be a bit more of a challenge which can be a good thing. I can see how this will be a sad thing for twinkers.

Oh come on give me a break, as if it matters.

Fully aware of that, Im still saying it will be very OP BOA loomies
    Don't lie. You weren't aware. At all.

They aren't going to be OP. There's already a 22 Intellect and 30 Spellpower weapon enchant for caster and healing heirlooms. At level 10? THAT is the definition of "OP." The scaling will actually probably mean that particular enchant is lower at that level than it is currently on live.

Overreacting OP is overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripz View Post
    Rules are made to be broken. Dude posted in excitement, cut em some slack
    Obv he posted after reading the first sentence. When I read it I thought "wth?" then read the whole thing and was like "ahhh.. cool."
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fully aware of that, Im still saying it will be very OP BOA loomies
    And where's the difference?
    In fact... I see the change as a nerf more than a buff..
    All old vanilla enchants work with full force at level 1. After the changes, this will no longer be the case, assuming the changes apply to all enchants.
    So all the lowbie plate wearers can kiss their OP Crusader enchant goodbye for example...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    All old vanilla enchants work with full force at level 1. After the changes, this will no longer be the case, assuming the changes apply to all enchants.
    So all the lowbie plate wearers can kiss their OP Crusader enchant goodbye for example...
    Which is sort of lame given that casters get a static stat buff and theirs relies on getting both the proc and even that requires being close enough to get a hit off.

This might result in it being worth while to make all my lower level characters take enchanting so they can get the enchanter ring buffs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I just quoted a post from the PTR board which stated that the vanilla enchants are unchanged. So Crusader is still is lovable OP self.

If you looked into it long enough you would have seen that they scale based on level.