10H Twin Consorts questions

Hi guys! We attempt Twin Consorts yesterday, but not going very well. Part of the reason is... one healer d/ced <.< But anyways, I have some questions about this boss.

1) How do you guys usually use Celestials abilities? I saw people use different strats so I just want to see what strats do we have and decide which one to do for us.

2) How do you normally handle the adds in p1?

Thanks!

Celestials:

P1: nothing.

P2: Xenu for Nuclear Inferno 1; Yu'lon for Nuclear Inferno 2; Chi-Ji as soon as you can after those two

P3: Xenu for Tidal Force 1; Chi-Ji ASAP after Xenu; Yu'lon for Tidal Force 2

Use raid CDs for any Nuclear Inferno or Tidal Force you don't have a Celestial for.

Also, we might do Chi-Ji after Yu'lon for p3, but I don't remember exactly and it doesn't matter as long as you can get all three up in that period.

P1 Adds:

Our BrM holds the boss the entire time. Our DK taunts the fire lady and drags her around to reveal the adds. They go to the BrM and are cleaved down.

Others do a tank swap when the Beasts come out, but that's not necessary with our comp.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-17 at 10:16 PM.

We have 2 tanks/3 heals/5 DPS. We have our resto sham do all the celestials.

I've heard that sometimes you will get RNG'd in Day Phase and not get a second comet for first nuclear inferno. While survivable with multiple raid CDs, we never encountered this in about 10 total attempts. A lot of people attribute this to celestial order. Whatever it is, this is the order that we use and we have always gotten us a second comet.

Night phase:
    1. Crane on pull, should line up with first Tears of the Sun. We don't try and reveal adds on the first tears since only 2 have spawned, and we want the cranes to hit both bosses.
    2. Tiger for the next tears (make sure you go in about 15-20 seconds before the Tears).
    3. Serpent at any point

Day Phase:
    No real point to using the Ox at all, so we never used anything during this phase. Besides, if timed poorly and you finish drawing when Inferno can happen, you can end up in a bad place die to Inferno/melt a comet.

Dusk Phase:
    1. Tiger for first Tidal Force (again, go in to draw about 15-20 seconds before it happens)
    2. Crane when Suen dies because raid damage has slowed down.
    3. Serpent if needed.

For the adds in P1, we stack the bosses on the first tears and do not try to reveal the adds. Every Tears after that though, our monk tank rolls around trying to reveal adds, which are then taunted over to the Lu'lin tank (we have our monk take every Beast of Nightmares. After revealed, the adds do not cast anymore and just do weak melee swings. We used the adds as vengenace feeder to our Lu'lin tank and to help generate embers for our Warlock. Cleave only if part of your single-target rotation.

Deleted
    My guild (25 man ) :
    1) -crane on start - u want cranes on first tears
    -ox ~2 min from start - easier for healer
    -xuen ~3.10 min (10 sec 2p) - u want xuen for first nuclear ( i relly don't recomend using tiger on 1p becouse if u used him u will "destroy" comet timer in p2 and u can ended up with Nuclear and no comet to hide)
    then as u want
    Last edited by mmocef085f1823; 2013-06-17 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    P1 Adds:

Our BrM holds the boss the entire time. Our DK taunts the fire lady and drags her around to reveal the adds. They go to the BrM and are cleaved down.
    Others do a tank swap when the Beasts come out, but that's not necessary with our comp.
    We do the same with a Paladin tank (me) on the boss, and my DK coo-tank revealing the adds.
    Doing it this way is actually surprisingly easy. : \

This is the strat I use for our guild 10m 3 heals, with me being the healer that does celestials

Phase 1:
    Enter crane about 4 seconds after the fight starts, complete it when there is around 2 seconds left on the light of day timer.

Phase 2:
    wait until there is 25-30 seconds left until nuclear inferno then hit tiger. you will want a small speed boost to complete in time. You want to complete it at ~5 seconds left to inferno to give yourself time to find the comet.

Wait until 20-25 seconds before second inferno and use ox.

Finally wait until 20-25 seconds before third infero to use serpent.

Phase:3
    You're going to want to start this phase be using tiger immediately when its back up. you will need a good speed boost to complete it in time before the first tidal wave.

after tidal wave there will be about a 15 second gap until inferno, stack for it and once it is done run to ox. and use it right away to make sure you complete it in time for tidal wave. ( in fact the faster you complete it the better because ox buff lasts for 30 seconds.

Same drill, wait for the inferno to complete then use serpent before the next tidal wave is out.

Phase4:
    Use cranes and collect loot.

Why do 10mans 3-heal this boss? There's not enough damage happening all at once to justify bringing the third, assuming you are properly using Celestials and cooldowns. Have a low DPS run constellations and kill the boss much faster.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my group, our rdruid does the patterns (why not 2heal and have one of the dps do it? well, because we only have 10 raiders, so it'd be a healer doing it anyways, and probably wouldn't make much difference. 8:44 kill this week, yeah it is a long fight. We were 2healing normal, so we might go to 2healing heroic soon). I don't know what exactly he does, but he tries to hit a crane each time he can, a xuen before the first nuclear inferno, a serpent for another one, and a xuen for tidal force.

I reveal p1 adds, as a demonology lock. I precast soulfire>HoG>Doom onto Suen, which is enough to outthreat anything else, and go around the outside looking for the little hidden guys (and reapplying DoTs as needed when she reappears). I tried to get our brewmaster to do it, saying it was hurting my DPS, but he said 'well it'd hurt my dps too' which I admitted was a good point. It doesn't actually hurt my dps much now that I'm used to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLuOsbD6WVI (first kill, not all PoV of guy doing celestials, but partly)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=1337&e=1862 (last week's log)

Does anyone know if Deterrence will deflect the inferno damage against the hunter?

Deleted
    Any idea why there is sometimes only one comet before the first inferno? We use crane in P1 after pull and Xuen right before the first inferno in P2 and in most attempts there won't spawn a 2nd comet and the 1st is molten (because we assume that there should be a 2nd comet regarding the timers :P)...kinda suxx. Already switched from Xuen to Ox for the 1st inferno, but it also happened today a lot... so it's not the slow of Xuen...kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Any idea why there is sometimes only one comet before the first inferno? We use crane in P1 after pull and Xuen right before the first inferno in P2 and in most attempts there won't spawn a 2nd comet and the 1st is molten (because we assume that there should be a 2nd comet regarding the timers :P)...kinda suxx. Already switched from Xuen to Ox for the 1st inferno, but it also happened today a lot... so it's not the slow of Xuen...kinda sucks.
    It's just RNG.

Using Xuen for the first Nuclear Inferno should reduce the damage enough that you can just stack in a Barrier/Smokebomb/etc. and heal through it without a Comet. Just be ready for it and have a stack point, but assume you'll get two Comets.