10+ Year Old Account

Mastery or Haste...

Plz does anybody know which is aprox. difference beetwen mastery and haste build? Atm its very confused to dterminate what is better, bcs when you look at some top rogues everybody have different build (some haste some mastery). Tbh i much more pref mastery, but since a lot ppls tells go to sc and sc pref haste build dont know what to do.

Here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...night/advanced

thx and cheers

P.S. As I see icy venis pref mastery build

Mastery is better for most every fight because they don't really make Patchwerk-style fights anymore. But even then the difference is going to be very low.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Mastery is better for most every fight because they don't really make Patchwerk-style fights anymore. But even then the difference is going to be very low.
    thx m8 but why you then choose haste build ???

He just said
    the difference is going to be very low.
    so it ends up being a personal preference kinda thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is favored when you have more RPPM stuff as it increases proc rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

alot of discussion over here. you may wanna take a look http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Time-is-right

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    Plz does anybody know which is aprox. difference beetwen mastery and haste build? Atm its very confused to dterminate what is better, bcs when you look at some top rogues everybody have different build (some haste some mastery). Tbh i much more pref mastery, but since a lot ppls tells go to sc and sc pref haste build dont know what to do.

Here is my armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...night/advanced

thx and cheers

P.S. As I see icy venis pref mastery build
    Looking at your gear your at about the point where your going to be favoring haste somewhat over mastery. Due to having 2 rppm trinkets and the meta. For the best reforming and gemming I would reccomend using shadowcraft.

Just a sidenote thought. When optimizing your gemming in shadowcraft it's going to swap all of them at once from agi-mastery to agi-haste. I'd swap one gem at a time (after you optimize your reforges) and keep swapping gems until you start to lose dps. That will be the point where haste and mastery are roughly equal ep values.

Here's a link to shadowcraft http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/

it's really up to you...

some rogues go full mastery, some go full haste and some go a mix.

Personally I prefer the mix, i hated full haste.

i find shadowcraft keeps flipping on me sometimes. Mastery and Haste are so close I just keep it at mastery for now, ilvl 524. maybe after I get rid of all of the lfr loot, then switch over to full Haste. would be cool to try that...so much speed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nexos10 View Post
    i find shadowcraft keeps flipping on me sometimes. Mastery and Haste are so close I just keep it at mastery for now, ilvl 524. maybe after I get rid of all of the lfr loot, then switch over to full Haste. would be cool to try that...so much speed!!!
    The flip flopping happens when your at the point where both maste and mastery are almost equal ep. If you take your agi mastery gems and swap them to the agi haste gems one at a time you'll see where the balance lies for your gear set. Try it with both the mastery and haste reformed that it recommends. It won't be anything earth shattering in terms of dps. Probably net yourself an extra 10-20 dps doing this.