Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    just ragequit my 3rd guild so far because of full retard and ignorance

    Okay, so this is getting somewhat tragic. I originally started on Kor'Gall, in a real life social guild, with some real life friends. somewhere during WotLK, i wanted to do organized raiding. Now, I pride myself on researching my class really good and doing the best I can. Unfortunately, not everyone shares my passion for the game. during WotLK, I joined a raiding guild on kor'gall. After 2 months, I left because of fundamental disagreements with the guild master and the other members, mainly because the guild master plundered the guild bank and I called him out on it.

    I later had another stint with a guild, but they fell apart before raiding started. then I transfered to Kazzak because Kor'Gall was running dry and nothing was getting organized. I could quickly join another dutch guild which transfered from another server. this was now about 4 months ago.

    today, I got into a discussion with my guildies about socket bonuses. one of the guildies asked whether you had to socket gear, I said of course, because the item budget for the sockets is taken from the general budget. what followed was 15 minutes of me trying to explain, in vain i might add, to a bunch of ignorant fools, how stat budget worked. I couldn't take it anymore after that and ragequit. It wasn't just the socket bonuses though. my guildies were the most asinine and willfully ignorant beings you could imagine, even accusing me of saying things I never said, and refusing to listen to reason from a 5 year veteran who knows item budgeting like the palm of his hand. one of them afterwards even started a discussion with me to call elitist jerks "an average site with less than average visitors", and threatening to report me for harassing him. I ignored him after that.

    so yeah, i'm guildless again, and no idea where to go from here. Ideally, i want to find a group of likeminded individuals, who put just as much thought and effort into their characters as I do, and have as good a general understanding of the game as I do. but those are invariably hardcore raiders, and my schedule doesn't allow hardcore raiding. Ideally, I need a hardcore guild with casual hours and preferably no attendance requirement. but I don't know where to find that. and I doubt anyone would accept me with my track record...

  2. #2
    Elemental Lord Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    8,721
    your guild gives out gold for gems? huh my old guild always made us pay our own way and everyone was fine with it
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    your guild gives out gold for gems? huh my old guild always made us pay our own way and everyone was fine with it
    you're misunderstanding what I said. google stat budget and you'll understand it, I hope.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    but I don't know where to find that. and I doubt anyone would accept me with my track record...
    If you are as good as you think you are, previous guild experience doesnt matter THAT much
    N

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    hs ago.

    today, I got into a discussion with my guildies about socket bonuses. one of the guildies asked whether you had to socket gear, I said of course, because the item budget for the sockets is taken from the general budget.
    that is not a guild, they are full retard.

  6. #6
    You sound like a lovely guy. I'm sure you wont have problem finding a new guild, being so polite and nice.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 07:12 PM ----------

    How about you all stop using 'retard' in every comment, even that is the part of the thread name?

  7. #7
    So you want a guild with hardcore raiders, with no attendance requirements and extremely limited raid hours?

    Good luck.

  8. #8
    Elemental Lord Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    8,721
    best as i can understand "budget" is just a convoluted way to talk about the stats on a piece of gear.... why didn't you just tell them the simple version that is "Yes it makes you more powerful"?
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    If you are as good as you think you are, previous guild experience doesnt matter THAT much
    This. People care more about knowing strats and pushing good numbers than what guilds you've been in.

    Not being a dick is a plus too.

    The only things working against you are your class and spec. If you're trying to find a home as a tank, or a DPS who's traditionally benched you could be in for some hard times.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Csnyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sarasota
    Posts
    888
    for one thing you should join a raiding guild
    and please show me were it says you have to gem your gear
    sure its better to but please show where it says that

    you came you have to here 'one of the guildies asked whether you had to socket gear, I said of course, '
    show me where it say you have to do as you say he had to

  11. #11
    I recommend avoiding such discussions if you get that upset about it. We aren't getting a proper idea of the discussion here by just "what followed was 15 minutes of me trying to explain, in vain i might add, to a bunch of ignorant fools, how stat budget worked."

    In the semi-hardcore guild I used to be in back in TBC, a relatively new recruit started a discussion about theorycrafting. Later on it evolved to Elitist Jerks and him making some remark like "I get the feeling that a lot of people here aren't reading the site". Of course everyone got the feeling that this person was on a very high horse and it quickly became unpleasant. If you think you know things better than others, it's better to just keep it to yourself or when there is even the slightest hint of heating in the argument, back off immediately. That's my recommendation anyway.

    5 years is far from a veteran as well.

  12. #12
    i gave up trying to find the guild you are describing, and now i dont bother to maximise my character (i only do LFR).

    form a guild with those ideas of casual hours and attendance (but not gameplay) and im in
    "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

  13. #13
    Maybe you have been joining casual guilds, where no one really cares about min-maxing?

    Or maybe just try to relax a bit, quitting a guild over a socket bonus discussions means you weren't really fond of that guild in the first place, or you really should learn to keep your rage under control!

  14. #14
    Looks like a guild you join in tradechat. Look on your realm forums I was on kazzak previously ( Trasnferred because there were no alliance), if you're on the horde side there are hundreds of raiding guilds there, look on wowprogress and pick a decent one.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    Maybe you have been joining casual guilds, where no one really cares about min-maxing?

    Or maybe just try to relax a bit, quitting a guild over a socket bonus discussions means you weren't really fond of that guild in the first place, or you really should learn to keep your rage under control!
    more like the first. that socket issue was just the latest in a long line of general ignorance and incompetence my ex-guildies displayed daily. just yesterday, I had an argument with a kid who thought 470 ilvl was enough to join ToT normal.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    you're misunderstanding what I said. google stat budget and you'll understand it, I hope.
    Judging from how you responded to Tierbook, I'm thinking your attitude might be causing some friction with other people. Try to be less condescending to people that might not know game mechanics as well as you do.
    I've been in guilds full of elitists before, as good as these players may be at the game, the guild never lasts very long.

  17. #17
    don't listen to the people who are posting here mate. I understand 100% where you are coming from. You're passionate about the GAMEPLAY and want to find other people with like-minded atitude that you can play with.
    If I hadn't quited the game i'd of invited you to my guild because it was just the guild you've described. Hardcore with only 3 days per week raiding and we managed to clear sunwell and several ulduar hardmodes 25 man.
    So if I had a guild like that, i'm sure there are others.

    My advice to you is to stay away from these forums. Go on the forums that belong to some big realms and ask there what you're looking for. (don't post them this story). Once you find a guild, do an application. Good luck

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Help ol Gil Out's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,439
    It's good practice to look before you leap in regards to which guild you intend to call home. I often advise to check in to their armory page and look at where their more 'core' players stand in terms of gearing, enchants, gems, and reforging. It takes a little bit of digging around and often times involves doing some investigative research such as the above or simply engaging in conversation with a few of the members to feel out for what you're getting in to, especially if you're on a new server and unfamiliar with their community. It's also good practice to watch trade chat to see if they have a severe case of the trolls or if the guild as a whole is used as the punchline for jokes.

    Just exercise a little more patience when it comes to what you want. You can compromise to a certain extent but don't get in to something purely out of convenience and expect the other guild members to be on the same page as you, otherwise, things such as this happen.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  19. #19
    I'm fairly certain we're not getting the whole story, and if the OP uses language similar to the words he's used in this thread then chances are high he acted like an elitist ass.

    My advice would be to calm down, realise that some stuff just isn't important, and step away from the game when you're getting frustrated rather than take it out on people who dare to have a different opinion than you.

  20. #20
    You sound like me when during BC when I was like 18 years old or so. I've learned over the years it's never worth getting into arguments with anyone in this game. Just ignore people and you'll be better off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •