Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Yup, and I have heard them all. I still have not seen anyone address the increased feedback that classical servers would bring. It is a very good reason why they should exist.
    The increased feedback would be bad. Why do you think nothing is left from classic? People did not want it.

They didn't want to walk until level 40.
    They didn't want to grind one dungeon 672 times for a .5 tier upgrade
    They didn't want to buff every 5 minutes in a raid.

The list goes on, you've seen them all.

TL;DR: Everything that is gone from Vanilla/TBC/Wrath is due to player feedback. What you're suggesting has already been in place for years.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

If the only thing Blizzard is getting out of classic servers is "feedback" then I fail to see the point. If someone wanted to play a classic server, they can go and play a classic server. Blizzard knows that classic servers won't pay off and OP seems to acknowledge that the servers themselves won't generate any profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Yup, and I have heard them all. I still have not seen anyone address the increased feedback that classical servers would bring. It is a very good reason why they should exist.
    Pay a huge price to move backwards in the hopes of feedback, never going to happen and shouldn't.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    If the only thing Blizzard is getting out of classic servers is "feedback" then I fail to see the point. If someone wanted to play a classic server, they can go and play a classic server. Blizzard knows that classic servers won't pay off and OP seems to acknowledge that the servers themselves won't generate any profit.
    We'll to be fair increased feedback alone probably wouldn't offset the cost of classic servers, but if you tacked on a 5$ charge to play classic servers then it's in the real of possibility. And again feedback has a value of X dollars, so depending on how it is handled you can't really put a value on it. The value of feedback is dependent on the creativity, knowledge, and skill of the people looking at it. Feedback can be worth nothing or tens of millions of dollars depending on how much you exploit it.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2013-06-18 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not doing. They've said so a billion times.

Why closed and back open?

It will never happen. It has been and gone. Accept it and move on already. WoW is just as good as it has ever been, possibly better depending on who you ask.

Why closed and back open?
    For comedy.

We'll to be fair increased feedback alone probably wouldn't offset the cost of classic servers, but if you tacked on a 5$ charge to play classic servers then it's in teh real of possibility. And again feedback has a value of X dollars, so depending on how it is handled you can't really put a value on it.
    You still haven't answered why people couldn't just use the classic servers that already exist. Why does Blizzard need to waste money for something that already exists?
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    <snip>
    I really hate that wall of no with a passion. Before the wall of no existed, I could have cared less about throwback servers, but now I have a passionate desire to see them implemented just to spite the people who keep linking it.

We'll to be fair increased feedback alone probably wouldn't offset the cost of classic servers, but if you tacked on a 5$ charge to play classic servers then it's in teh real of possibility. And again feedback has a value of X dollars, so depending on how it is handled you can't really put a value on it.
    You have some misconceptions.

Vanilla player feedback: Talents are too cumbersome and everybody has the same build!
    Blizzard: Fixed

Vanilla player feedback: Damn, all I do is sit in trade all day looking for somebody to do 5 mans with!

Vanilla player feedback: Damn, I got some responsibility and now can't raid with my guild. Wish there was some convenient way I could still raid.

Vanilla player feedback: Damn, leveling alts just takes way, way to long.

And so on and so forth. Feedback has already been used which is why we have a much better game. Player on a legacy server will only give the exact same feedback now as it did back then. You really need to get over your fascination with the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I really hate that wall of no with a passion. Before the wall of no existed, I could have cared less about throwback servers, but now I have a passionate desire to see them implemented just to spite the people who keep linking it.
    Any reason why you hate it?
    Enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    whilst you may hate it,
    it does, very eloquently explain every possible answer to the whole debate regarding legacy servers, and yet it is totally ignored by the OP, Not only in this thread, but the previous thread he made about the same subject.

You still haven't answered why people couldn't just use the classic servers that already exist. Why does Blizzard need to waste money for something that already exists?
    Private servers are full of bugs, hackers, and are illegal. That's why blizzard needs to make classic servers that operate correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Eh, I still prefer the old way.

I'd play on priv servers if they were good (free of bugs etc).

Also - lol at people saying you couldn't raid in TBC unless you were a ''no lifer''.
    That's just stupid.

whilst you may hate it,
    it does, very eloquently explain every possible answer to the whole debate regarding legacy servers, and yet it is totally ignored by the OP, Not only in this thread, but the previous thread he made about the same subject.
    Because people who feel they are the only sane person on the planet tend to ignore reality when it stares them in the face.

whilst you may hate it,
    No it doesn't. I have read the wall of no completely multiple times and there is not a place in it that says anything about the value of player feedback from classical servers. It is a hole in the wall of NO, and we can't really say how big that hole is.

Private servers are full of bugs, hackers, and are illegal. That's why blizzard needs to make classic servers that operate correctly.
    I have found plenty where the first two were barely apparent. And as for being illegal, who cares? That doesn't stop people from playing them and therefore allowing them to give Blizzard this amazing "feedback" that you seem to have so much faith in.
    Enjoy.

Any reason why you hate it?
    Mostly because it's linked so much. Also it assumes that Blizzard's "no" means "no", although Blizzard has said "no" to things many times in the past and then changed their minds.

If I were to be honest though, it would be hard for Blizzard to compete with the free to play (although illegal) old content private servers out there, and litigation is expensive save for suing the very large and most profitable private servers, so private servers will likely continue to exist for a long while.

Instead I think Blizzard should introduce scaled-down content in an LFR format that offers end-game rewards, such as valor and a bag that has LFR-quality loot in it. It will in no way truly replicate what vanilla/bc/etc raiding was like when that content was current, but it would give players a small taste of what it might have felt like to be in a 25-man Sunwell raid, for example, for those (many) new players who did not start playing until Wrath or later.

Also, scaled-down raiding would allow players to raid as they level, which would be nice for both new players and alts.

No it doesn't. I have read the wall of no completely multiple times and there is not a place in it that says anything about the value of player feedback from classical servers. It is a hole in the wall of NO, and we can't really say how big that hole is.
    You still haven't answered the multiple posts that said why no useful feedback would come from this.
    Enjoy.