10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a proper gaming set-up!

I managed to get 10,000$ from my parents for my High School grad. Anyways I am moving into an apartment for University, and I am looking to make my living room the best gaming set-up with the 10k. I am wanting to buy a decent Tv for my PS3/Xbox, 2 computer screens for my desktop, a new desktop, a good sound system for my Tv and computer. For my desktop I would really like a powerful one then a shitty one (even if I have to downgrade some other stuff).

My wish list,
    - Tv (with sound system)

- Two computer screens

- Desktop (I want to spend around 3 k for one solid computer)

I would appreciate it so much if you guys can help me choose the right build and such!

Thank you - King

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Well, TV should be easy enough check Cnet for their top rated ones. As far as the desktop start here fill that info out. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    I also advise on setting a budget instead of wasting the $10,000 on a bunch of stupid shit you don't need put a limit on it you can make a hell of a PC for $1700 no need to waste money.

Like vindicator said you don't need to spend that much money on a computer to make an awesome machine. But other than that I'd save money for tuition debt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Like vindicator said you don't need to spend that much money on a computer to make an awesome machine. But other than that I'd save money for tuition debt
    Why do you assume he is in tuition debt? He hasn't mentioned it. Not everyone takes tuition loans, y'know.

I think you should plan out what you're going to do with each of the things and set a budget beforehand.

Fill out the form that Vindicatorx linked and that'll help setting you up with a desktop. That being said, I doubt you'll really need to drop more than $1700 on that rig if you're just going for nice 1080p gaming.

So you've got $10,000. In your place I would PERSONALLY distribute it like this-
    1. $1800 on the desktop
    2. $1000 on monitors+peripherals
    3. $2000 on a good 50-55in LED TV
    4. $300 PS3
    5. $1000 on sound-related items e.g. sound card for the desktop, good speakers, etc
    6. $300 to charity (I believe in giving away 3% of whatever comes in)
    7. Keep $600 on you
    8. put $1000 in your bank account
    9. Spend $2000 on gift(s) on siblings/parents/best friends.

Personally, I would put up a few grand in savings for when something happens. Car breaks down, YOU break down, something breaks, etc. Anything that could require you to pay something quickly, having money put away for it will be a godsend AND show people that your responsible with your money too, a big plus with the spouse/soon-to-be spouse. You could use some of that to help friends/family when they get in bill-trouble as well.

That being said, ~$1500 will get you a really nice Desktop computer you can find a good HDTV (the Panasonic TC-PST60 series is the best bang-for-your-buck from what I can see) and get a COMFY chair & desk. Nothing worse than skimping on the 2 things that are more important than the desktop itself as they keep your ass comfy during the use of said desktop.
    You can get a decent headset/speaker setup for $300+, depending on how much you want to piss off your neighbors or how much you want to tune-out your neighbors or both.
    You can get 2 good 24"monitors for around $600.

So on and so forth, but we'll need alot more details on what you want to do with it.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.