Gaming Laptop /college budget, gpu cpu

Okay, so for the past few days I have been trying to decide on what laptop I want. My budget is around 2500$ since my parents are buying it for me I would prefer for it to be lower so it is more likely they will pay for it.

I need help on making some decisions, about the gpu, cpu, hard drives, in terms of how much it will help me gaming. I play mostly MMO's like SWTOR and GW2.

I have come to find a few computers I like.

One being the Alienware 17... but I have a few possibilities.. I am trying to figure out which gpu+cpu+hard drive I want in it...
    Do I want the 4800MQ processor with 770m GTX gpu + 256 gb ssd boot drive 750gb hhd. about 2500$ (unable to get 780.. too much)
    Or would I want the 4700MQ processor with 780 GTX gpu + 750gb hdd + 64gb SSD cache drive . about 2300$ (unable to get the boot drive with this one

OR would I want more of an MSI G laptop? and which one would I want?
    I was thinking the 15 inch msi gt60, 4700 + 780 gpu + SSD boot drive.. for 2,099$
    or there is even a 15 inch msi gt60 4700+ 770 + SSD boot drive.. for 1,799$ .. is the 4800 really worth it?

or the SAGER laptops that are completely customizable in terms of pieces you want in them. I would probably prefer all SSD's if possible? Right?
    the 17 inch sager with 770m GPU + 4800 cpu +256gb crucial drive + 750gb hdd.. for 2,094$
    or 17" 770m gpu + 4800 cpu + 2 240gb SSD, one as boot drive .... for around 2,300$

MY MAIN QUESTION/CONCERNS are towards what I should really focus on in terms of the money I am spending...
    Should I take the higher gpu chip with the lower cpu.. or vice versa... and then should I really want a SSD boot drive or no? or a cache drive?

What exactly should I focus on. I am kinda more into the Alienware just cause of the look, and the combos that I actually like, MSI are my second favorite in terms of looks and such but idk which one I really want.. I would like the first alienware i listed for 2500 if my parents allow and if that would be the best combo...

Please help

EDIT: If it would be best/just as good as others.. I do prefer the alienware 17 with SSD boot drive 770m and 4800 cpu from what i hear.. as long as the boot drive works good?
    EDIT2:
    Budget - 2500$
    Resolution 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired: SWTOR GW2 max settings, any other game max-high settings
    Any other intensive software or special things you do, nothing
    Country usa
    Parts that can be reused no
    Do you need an OS? win 7 or 8
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? no, preferably a light up keyboard, prefer the msi or alienware for looks
    Last edited by mbrodyj; 2013-06-18 at 05:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you evaluated your need for a laptop? I know many people that think they need a laptop but then realize that the way they use the laptops is just like a desktop. The Alienware 17 and big sagers are a pain to carry around already. Could probably suggest a stronger build as a desktop+a laptop or tablet for your portability needs. That being said, if you really want gaming on the go and thats why you want a laptop, you're looking at the wrong laptops.

So my question is: Why do you want a laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Have you evaluated your need for a laptop? I know many people that think they need a laptop but then realize that the way they use the laptops is just like a desktop. The Alienware 17 and big sagers are a pain to carry around already. Could probably suggest a stronger build as a desktop+a laptop or tablet for your portability needs. That being said, if you really want gaming on the go and thats why you want a laptop, you're looking at the wrong laptops.

So my question is: Why do you want a laptop?
    I need one.. I will be moving around a lot. I will be on campus 4 days out of the week and changing where I go on the weekends between home and my girlfriend's place. Which laptop should I be looking at then?

Why havn't you even considered the Asus G-series notebooks? Asus is leading atm at the laptop gaming marked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrodyj View Post
    I need one.. I will be moving around a lot. I will be on campus 4 days out of the week and changing where I go on the weekends between home and my girlfriend's place. Which laptop should I be looking at then?
    How important is mobility/weight/thickness/battery life?