The community is YOU! A positive LFR story.

I was in LFR yesterday and we were doing the trash before Tortos. Each time Tortos engaged, his rage bar filled up and he wiped us. Some people were saying it was bugged, but I had never seen that before, so I really doubted it. After about 6 wipes (and countless people leaving) someone said a mage counterspelled him and a priest griipped him back, engaging Tortos again. We wiped again. No one called out those two people and they kept saying it was a bug. Eventually (after almost 45 minutes) we killed all the trash and then Tortos.

We proceeded to the next trash and there it finally became apparent that the mage and priest did indeed pull everything, trying to wipe us. It took us another few wipes and a lot of explaining that people should STOP ENTERING the instance so we could kick those two people. In the end, they got kicked. Some people made reports to Blizzard about it, but most just shrug it off. Those two people just cost us an hour of our time, for no reason. How can people not be upset?

Anyway, I noticed those people were from my server and I decided to contact their GM. I saw someone with rank 1 online and figured it was the GM's alt. Indeed it was. And he wasn't please with his member's behaviour. After a little back and forth he whispered me ten minutes later saying he kicked them I told so in raid and got a lot of positive responses. A few people whispered me. Some simply thanking me, but also someone asking me why I went through all the trouble, as it never helps anyway. And thát is a major problem in this community. People who don't hold other people accountable for their actions because 'it never helps anyway'. Sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it does, but we should ALWAYS try!! I always contact their guildmaster when I can and yes, most of the time they don't care, but I try it nonetheless. This time it worked, and maybe they will learn a lesson.

I also talked to someone who was in a horrible guild with horrible people (according to him), but he stayed for the perks and had just turned guildchat off. How can you condone that kind of behaviour? And all just for some perks, that aren't all that needed at all. The people in that guild will never improve if everyone just puts up with it. Would you put up with your child cursing at you? Or would you discipline it and teach it that's not the way to treat people? I don't expect people to go that far in a game, but the least you could do is 'right click report' for language and leave the guild (or kick someone when it's in a group).

People complain about 'toxic' (new buzzword) players, but don't do anything to counter it themselves.

i try not to take crap from any one in LFR but i do anyway

I like LFR as a means for someone to gear up upon reaching max lvl, but I would prefer the old Wotlk/Dragon soul 5 man's where you just run them for epics instead of running LFR once week for a chance at loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I like LFR as a means for someone to gear up upon reaching max lvl, but I would prefer the old Wotlk/Dragon soul 5 man's where you just run them for epics instead of running LFR once week for a chance at loot.
    I like both, but I'd like for LFR to feel closer to actual raiding than just "omfgwtfbbqgais STOP WIPING!@$@$ELRMFDOMDVFMDFOM" and so on.

Also starting to get pissed off with people queuing as Tank or Heals, only to show up "extra dps"...