Fixing enhance AOE - Lightning Whip

I know it's been suggested to give shamans lightning whip off lei shen, it's a badass ability, but I have a suggestion for it that could potentially fix enhances AOE problems and still have an awesome ability like lightning whip...

So here is my suggestion:

Lightning Whip - 2-3 second cast (Reduced by Maelstrom stacks) - 5-10 second cooldown
    - Deals Heavy initial damage in a cone in front of the caster and leaves a trail of lightning on the ground, dealing X damage over 5 seconds.

- Affected by stormstrike

What do you guys think? Would it be a viable replacement for current AOE? What would you do to maybe change it? (I was thinking no cooldown maybe? but that might make it not be as hard of a hitter as you would want something called lightning whip to be.)

Edit: Fire Nova and flameshock spreading would be removed, but this would do enough damage to compensate for any cleave.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2013-06-18 at 07:43 AM.

I threw this in the shaman 5.4 thread but why don't they make Fire Nova the ability that spreads FlS. It makes since with a fire wave emiting from the enemy instead of a single focused lash and plus it wouldn't be as RNG as what they want to give us since you could do three Fire Novas by the time you did two.

I'm not too keen on the idea of us getting a completely new area of effect solution. All they need to do is revamp how our current one works.

Deleted
    So the whip trail is a dot? or is it just an AE on the ground? Because if the target needs to be in it we will just face mobility issues, what up magma totem (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    So the whip trail is a dot? or is it just an AE on the ground? Because if the target needs to be in it we will just face mobility issues, what up magma totem (lol)

The aoe portion wouldn't be much of the damage, just mostly flavour to keep the feel of lightning whip. It oculd be a DoT too, just with the spell effect left (or have the effect apply the dot once to any target that stands in it)

15+ Year Old Account
    i personally like the enhancement aoe, while not perfect, its a bit more interesting than just spamming a channelled aoe...

Deleted
    why not simply just buff CL for enha?

The new T16 4pc for Enhancement as a baseline passive and a quicker ramp-up time with Flame Shock having to be placed before you can spread would be the best way to go in my opinion.

I would be happy if they make Fire Nova spread the Flame Shock DoT instead of Lava Lash

But, I would not lie, I would love to have ANY of Lei Shen's spell
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

why should enh shamans get a range spell?? i don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    why should enh shamans get a range spell?? i don't get it...
    You know we already have several. If you're saying that we don't need yet another ranged spell, I'm in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Lightning Whip - 2-3 second cast (Reduced by Maelstrom stacks) - 5-10 second cooldown
    - Deals Heavy initial damage in a cone in front of the caster and leaves a trail of lightning on the ground, dealing X damage over 5 seconds.
    Maybe to add a little complexity outside of 1 AoE spell, the lightning whip debuff could allow chain lightning to bounce to all units affected by the debuff, perhaps turning it into a forked lightning-typed visual.

i'd rather have a useful earthquake. or make rokbiter become an aoe imbue. enchant thd shamans weapon with earth causing stormstrike to strike the ground instead of a target causing the earth rupture and quake dealing dmg to all targets within 10yrds.
    Blood
    Resto

Personally I like it. With the dot, not the floor aoe. My perfect shaman aoe is Ele spamming chain lighting and Enh using this on cool down. That's it. No fire nova. No magma totem. No earthquake. No problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch13 View Post
    i'd rather have a useful earthquake. or make rokbiter become an aoe imbue. enchant thd shamans weapon with earth causing stormstrike to strike the ground instead of a target causing the earth rupture and quake dealing dmg to all targets within 10yrds.
    That would involve having macros to swap imbues midfight, which also eats 2 globals in the application of 1 imbue and replacing it after the aoe is done. Don't fancy that too much with the amount of faffing around we already do.

no, shamans cannot have cool spells, if you ask long enough you will receive it and go....what the fuck is this then never use it /earthquake.