Deleted

Is my DPS okay? Or should I change something?

Hello, I posted it on assa sticky but mod said I should make a topic from it :P

Right now I'm struggling with my dps, shadowcraft makes me hold onto 2pc t14 because the bonus is so good. Even when I have head 496, shoulder 483. Prolly when I finish the legendary chain to get meta I will switch to 522 helmet [if I get one]. But even with 2 pieces of t15 - Shadowcraft still holds the t14 2pc is better. But it's imposible for me to get heroic t14 so what should I do with that?

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kyouk/advanced
    Logs from fight I joined: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/265782/

My rotation:
    Stealth>Muti>SaD>SB>Rupture>Vend>Normal Rotation
    - Rupture refreshed when <2sec
    - If no envenom buff, pooling energy to 85 so I can squeeze two muti after envenom.
    - Envenom refreshed on <1sec
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-18 at 06:13 PM. Reason: link fixed

Well the t15 4 piece is awesome so (obviously) work on getting that. Simc puts you at 145kdps for me.

Few things, looking at your twin consorts run (you did 100k):
    Poor rupture uptime, aim for 95%+
    Slightly underpar uptime on envenom (you may be clipping too much)

Other than that it's difficult to see what's going wrong without being there. It's difficult to achieve simc's exact numbers but a good rogue should get within 5% of it.

Deleted
    With Consorts the problem was simple - I was at the celestial duty. Because of that my dps is waaay lower than it should be. But I already said to my raid leader that was the last time for me being on celestials

Okay well 125k dps is better (durumu), still some room for error, check simc's rotation (what they are casting, in what order, and how much moves are hitting for)

Rogues actually get the celestials done super good with burst of speed- but normally you'd want someone else who will be lower dps to do it.

Is anyone else able to armory him? The URL truncation doesn't seem to expand properly.

Generally, I would follow Shadowcraft's suggestions when it comes to the relative value of set bonuses and item levels. If it tells you something shocking, like to not wear 522 T15 over 496 T14, then maybe check at how the differences work out- but I will point out that the value of the 4pc T15 is pretty large, so once you have that as an available option it will probably point you at it.

I prefer getting rupture up immediately followed by slice (and I will often expose armor in that initial rotation because I'm running 10s), and I normally pool for just a moment before hitting vendetta, and then blades as that global is ending, with the goal of getting the most out of my energy during blades. But this is a super minor thing. Your envenom uptime isn't super important either, but it sounds like you are mostly doing it correctly too. I can't see your trinkets, are you still using the SPA trinket? It procs on a timer, so you can try to take advantage of that (for instance, you can equip it before a jin'rokh pull to ensure it's up during the first pool instead of at the first pull, or you can watch the timer on it so you have energy and combo points and maybe even anticipation charges).

The meta is a pretty significant increase. If you stay focused and keep gearing you will probably see a lot of gains just from the gear, which it sounds is your biggest block atm.

How did you do on the Lei Shen mechanics? Did you get all the bouncy bolts, cloak off the thing, keep feint up a lot? I see you didn't aoe adds much at all, which is correct or incorrect depending on your strat, and will definitely change who pops up at the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Rogues actually get the celestials done super good with burst of speed- but normally you'd want someone else who will be lower dps to do it.

Is anyone else able to armory him? The URL truncation doesn't seem to expand properly.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kyouk/advanced

Deleted
    Thanks for feedback guys, really appreciate it
    About trinkets - I switched from juju/spa to juju/renataki.
    Legendary meta - I'm on "test of valor" atm because I had a unlucky streak with sigils.
    Lei Shen - I'm feinting the thunderbolt, soaking balls only if they are close with feint/cloak. Soaking shocks with cloak/feint. About those little thunder balls in phase 2 - I'm using normal rotation with FoK instead of Muti.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyouke View Post
    Lei Shen - I'm feinting the thunderbolt, soaking balls only if they are close with feint/cloak. Soaking shocks with cloak/feint. About those little thunder balls in phase 2 - I'm using normal rotation with FoK instead of Muti.
    If they stay alive for a while that's probably wise, but if your group has incredible AoE/cleave burst (like multiple non-aff warlocks and an ele shaman), you could probably ignore the adds in favor of increasing boss damage to push the phase. To note - while this is more about mechanics than rogues - there is a minimum number of lightning adds needed; with only 3 people out on 10, you'll only see 3 adds (I'm pretty sure it's 3 on 10N anyway), which should be a gentle cleave/multi-dot drop without much incoming damage on normal.

Your damage - looking at Durumu because it's the best near-patchwerk that's convenient with you running celestials on consorts - is fine, especially considering you died partway through and didn't get a second Bloodlust/Heroism. Dying's a real kick. Nothing jumps out as easily improved in play.

Be sure to check Shadowcraft again regarding Renataki's - it seems odd for that to pull ahead with you at over 8.8% expertise, but it could be?

Deleted
    Thanks a lot Mugajak I will try to ignore balls next time - we have Survi hunter and ele shammy in group. And I'll check the shadowcraft ragarding renataki.

Just one last question - assuming I'll only have items from normal ToT [Don't know how fast we'll progress on HC, just finished normal] - Which part would be the best offset for me [Excluding TF items - rng]

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely to depend on drops than a specific piece - I don't know offhand what the ideal is, but a well-statted TF piece of gear (Mastery + not-crit, especially head/chest/legs) is probably your best option. Shadowcraft would be best to play around with, although someone might have a BiS analysis handy... TF throws these off a lot because you can't predict the drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouke View Post
    Just one last question - assuming I'll only have items from normal ToT [Don't know how fast we'll progress on HC, just finished normal] - Which part would be the best offset for me [Excluding TF items - rng]
    Assuming you have all 5 tier pieces, the head off Jin'rohk or any TF piece is likely the best offpiece. Consult ShC as things drop, as Mugajak said.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Assuming you have all 5 tier pieces, the head off Jin'rohk or any TF piece is likely the best offpiece. Consult ShC as things drop, as Mugajak said.
    This is correct. Ra-den will probably be out of your reach for a while, also Jinrokh is the easiest boss on normal and heroic, so you should have some nice chances to get it

try to open like this..

pre pot --> stealth --> mut/ambush --> 2 CPs snd, 3 rupture --> mut; put either snd/rupture up (whichever you didn't) --> then use CDs and go from there.