Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard take care of player or just of money? an experiece of scamming

This is my experience, maybe I have just act as a noob even if I don't think that noob can afford to spend 26k gold.

My Experience
    yesterday --snip-- have sold me for 26k a code for an armored bloodwing, i immediatly receive the mount but today it is disappeared, can you explain me what is happened? is it possible to have the mount or the money back?
    tnx you in advance

First GM response

Customer Service Representative
    Hey there!
    Sir Game Master here. I hope this message reaches you in good spirits!
    Thank you for taking the time to submit a petition about player action. I will take a close look into the issue right away and have no fear, the appropriate action will be taken. ;]
    Many of the times these mounts that are sold in game are purcahsed with stolen credit cards. That is why we ask players not to spend gold on items that are purchased with real life money. If you are unable to place item in a trade window and place gold at the other end of the trade window to make a transaction then you should not make the transaction. That is a good rule of thumb.
    Because the purchases are done against the terms of use we do not supply a refund for them. We do however, make sure that the player who took the gold does not get to keep it and action will be taken against their account. We understand this is frustrating and if you ever think a deal like this is something that is against policy and are unsure please open up a ticket and we will let you know if it is something you should do or not. Below you will find our Character and Item Restoration Policy as well as a link to our Terms of Use and scams policy page.
    Character & Item Restoration Policy us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20457
    us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html
    us.battle.net/support/en/article/scam-policy
    In the future the best advice I can provide is to make sure that you do not make a trade for with gold for game codes or mount/pet codes to avoid issues like this in the future. Again I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused.
    More information about our policies can be found on the policy pages at: us.blizzard.com/support/article/20309
    If there is something that was missed or still needs to be done, you can click the 'Need More Help', and we'll be notified. Please let us know any details about how we can assist further should this be the case. Otherwise, you can click the 'Message Read' button to remove this message.
    We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft!

My reply
    I understand your point but I just thought that it was like trading card ie savage raptor or spectral tiger they have code too and can be purchased, regarding the issue I received the item after activating the code {XXXXXXXXXXXXXX} the transaction is happened between 17.00 and 18.00 I don't remember exactly. Btw after activating the code and received it, i was also mounting that ARMORED BLOODWING , i paid, but this morning it was disappeared so blizzard destroyed it.
    so citing the web page you gave me
    What should I do if I get scammed?
    If you fall victim to a scam, contact us. In situations where we can verify that a scam took place, a GM will attempt to intervene and assist the victim with the recovery of their items.
    it means the MONEY or the MOUNT
    citing another point
    I was scammed again! Can you help me?
    To this end, players will only be allowed a certain number of item restorations, including those lost to scams and guild bank theft.
    so again the mount or the money
    regarding the last point
    I bought an item out of game and have not received it! Can the GMs help?
    If you are scammed outside of the game, we will be unable to assist you. We do not support, condone, or investigate these types of transactions.
    I was scammed iIN GAME and I RECEVEID the item, but it was disapperead today so WHY a code already used was still valid? that's not my fault a code after is used should expire immeaditly.
    thank you for attention

P.S. this link doesn't work anymore delete it for the future responses

Second Gm (a different one) response
    Customer Service Representative
    Greetings!
    My name is Game Master, I just received your ticket and I thank you kindly for taking the time to contact me today
    I understand the line of thinking, "I traded in-game gold, and received an in-game mount, therefore I should get my gold back or the mount."
    However the way to look at it is more that there is NO way to obtain the Armored Bloodwing In-Game. You cannot farm it, you cannot go to a vendor and buy it or put in a code to receive it. It can only be obtained by spending Real World money on an out of game code to attach to your account.
    Any attempt to purchase an item with in-game gold that is only purchasable through the Blizzard Online Store (with the exception of the Guardian Cub and even then that's trading for the in-game item itself, not the code) is a violation of the agreed upon Terms of Use and we are not able to assist players who have chosen to do so.
    I do thank you again for contacting me tonight and taking the time to read this response. While a tough lesson to be sure I hope this experience will save you heartache in the future!

So what you think about it guys?

I was just a noob? the care just of money? Btw in trade chat is always present someone selling mount, I just interact because is the first blizzard mount I really like it, but if is not allowed to sell is so difficult implement the game with an automatic program to search who in the chat associate WTS with an item that is not sellable? it seems to me that this scam issues are tolerated as it another way of gold sink.

Btw I think I will stop wow by now I already stopped raiding with mist but I was still enjoying but if I had to pay 13 euro for month without any guarantee of game protection, it cost just a click for them to give me back the 26k gold, it cost just a click for me to stop giving them real money.

Cheers
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-06-18 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any attempt to purchase an item with in-game gold that is only purchasable through the Blizzard Online Store (with the exception of the Guardian Cub and even then that's trading for the in-game item itself, not the code) is a violation of the agreed upon Terms of Use and we are not able to assist players who have chosen to do so.

Think what the GM said there sums it up well. Violates the TOU, you won't be refunded. I am really tired so I apologise if I missed anything or another point you were making.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post

Think what the GM said there sums it up well. Violates the TOU, you won't be refunded.
    ^^ This x100

I cannot understand why so many people break the rules, and then complain when they are punished for it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you get for scrolling through the TOS & EULA rather than actually reading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    What LocNess said. You broke the ToU, and as such you're at a loss.

Yes, you were just a noob.
    most people doing this are goldfarmers/exploiters, the same goes to those that sell all the "tcg mount codes".
    You were scammed but broke the ToS before you got scammed.

See of it this way: you report to the police that your stolen phone stopped working and want a refund.
    And no, it's not tolerated.

You broke the rules just as much as the seller did, so why are you here crying about it? Learn, play by the rules and move on.

Consider this a learning experience, as much as it is a harsh way to find it out.
    If something is done by the minority of players, then there might be a good reason.
    If ever in doubt, ask other players for advice and particularly so somewhere noticeable like the trade channel so that it draws unwanted attention to the seller.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post

Think what the GM said there sums it up well. Violates the TOU, you won't be refunded. I am really tired so I apologise if I missed anything or another point you were making.
    this is not the case
    III. Limitations on Your Use of World of Warcraft.
    (5) buy or sell for "real" money or exchange gold, weapons, armor, or any other virtual items that may be used in World of Warcraft outside the World of Warcraft platform
    Is it this?
    2. Rules Related to "Chat", Interaction With Other Users or With Blizzard Entertainment Representatives. When engaging in Chat in World of Warcraft, or otherwise utilizing World of Warcraft, you may not:
    (9) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard Entertainment, results or may result in an authorized user of World of Warcraft being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in World of Warcraft.

So i cannot buy for real money anything to use ingame and it's not the case.
    And I cannot act in order to scam anyone but in this case I was scammed, ok not for an in game item for a blizzard store one but it si not mentioned in TOU or I didn't find

"outside the World of Warcraft platform" covers the code.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfire View Post
    this is not the case
    (5) buy or sell for "real" money or exchange gold, weapons, armor, or any other virtual items that may be used in World of Warcraft outside the World of Warcraft platform
    Is it this?
    2. Rules Related to "Chat", Interaction With Other Users or With Blizzard Entertainment Representatives. When engaging in Chat in World of Warcraft, or otherwise utilizing World of Warcraft, you may not:
    (9) Participate in any action that, in the sole and absolute opinion of Blizzard Entertainment, results or may result in an authorized user of World of Warcraft being "scammed" or defrauded out of gold, weapons, armor, or any other items that user has earned through authorized game play in World of Warcraft.

And I cannot act in order to scam anyone but in this case I was scammed, ok not for an in game item for a blizzard store one but it si not mentioned in TOU or I didn't find
    What exactly are you asking? The rules are very clear, the GM even explained: You are NOT ALLOWED to trade in game currency or items (gold) for out of game items (mount). Therefore you will not get your gold back. The one that scammed you, will lose the gold and get in trouble too, but you will NOT get your gold back.

Deleted
    Nothing special here. Just a very obvious scam.
    You did something against the rules, scammers know that blizzard cant help you with that. Easy as that.

The one you bought it from, refunded the mount -> blizzard didnt get any money -> blizzard removes the mount.

I just thought that it was like trading card ie savage raptor or spectral tiger they have code too and can be purchased
    Except the raptor and tiger shit are from TCG (not-refundable), and the bat is from the blizzard store (refundable). And the bat can not be traded in-game. The tiger/raptor can -> Cant be scammed by some code.
    Last edited by mmoc38b65387c3; 2013-06-18 at 12:41 PM.

this is not the case
    Is it this?

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

Blizzard does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the Game, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the “real world” of anything that appears or originates in the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell in-game items or currency for “real” money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the Game.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

You got scammed

You broke the rules its like buying a dodgy telly from some shady guy and complaining to the police when they take it from you cause its a stolen item

You learn from this mistake and learn to never trust anyone

Deleted
    op, you are wrong, just live with it and go on, and be thankful i wasted five seconds of my life just to underline of naive and arrogant you are.

Deleted
    this is not the case
    Is it this?
    It clearly says, you cant buy something with gold that is sold for real money.

You bought a mount for gold.
    Mount is not sold for gold.
    You broke the rules. Clearer now ?

Deleted

Btw I think I will stop wow by now I already stopped raiding with mist but I was still enjoying but if I had to pay 13 euro for month without any guarantee of game protection, it cost just a click for them to give me back the 26k gold, it cost just a click for me to stop giving them real money.

Cheers
    Its my pet hate when players `ragequit` when they cant get their own way. Also, its amazing that players still think transactions like this are legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry OP, you are screwed. Also, didn't it appear very fishy to you in the first place? 26k gold for $25.00 worth of product?
    That's a steal right there..
    If it sounds too good to be true, it is not true.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Btw in trade chat is always present someone selling mount...if is not allowed to sell is so difficult implement the game with an automatic program to search who in the chat associate WTS with an item that is not sellable?
    I think this is a legitimate point. I hardly see these offers because the BadBoy addon filters most of this junk out of my trade chat. It seems likely that those most likely to be scammed may also be those least likely to run addons. Why hasn't Blizz incorporated some coding similar to BadBoy in order to better shield the players from these types of things?

It shouldn't replace the player's responsibility to play within the terms of the ToU; but, if it lessens the likelihood of these types of transactions (and the subsequent customer support issues), then it seems like a no-brainer.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2013-06-18 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Sorry OP, you are screwed. Also, didn't it appear very fishy to you in the first place? 26k gold for $25.00 worth of product?
    That's a steal right there..
    If it sounds too good to be true, it is not true.
    I have aquired a guardian cub on AH for 3k several months ago, someone has paid 10 euro for it I just thought that people who wanna have gold can spend a lot of real money for it and this guy have just spent a bit more but as exchange the guardian cub guy lose more..