Deleted

Unhappy Problems with Blizz Raid Frames in combination with Ibo/Lorti Style Code

Hey Guys,

after hours of testing i'm acutally really frustraided and hope you can help me with the following problem.

Yesterday i build a new UI (focused on pvp) and everything is working fine exept one thing:

If i invite and/or get invited by somebody to a GRP neither this Blizzard anchor on the left side (which opens the admin panel) nor the frames with the raid/grp opens.

So im actually in grp and can write in grou/raid chat but there're no frames. :/

Of course i've set up my different profiles (2s, 3s, 25 man, usw) and everything worked fine the day before with my old ui. i've nothing changed since than.
    I've checked the "Use Raid-Style Party Frames" and set the "Auto-Activate" for my usage. (Yeah, i also checked Talent 1 + Talent 2 + PVE + PVP) so as i said everything worked fine and as intended with the blizz frames till the ui change.

The strange thing is:
    If i joined a Group (and the frames are NOT shown) AND i go to "Interface -> Raid Frames" and uncheck and check the "Use Raid-Style Party Frames" Button, the Frames and the "Admin Panel" on the left side appear. O_o

BUT the next strange thing that happens:
    If i than want to move my frames (by unlock in the admin Panel) the frames are not moveable.

This "border" you all know appears and i can move this f*cking border around but the frames are set in stone. :/

Futhermore if i leave the grp, my own frames is not disappearing as usual instead i see the hole time my own frame expect i do a /reload.
    Normally my experience is that if i quit GRP, my own frame is also not longer shown.

After hours of testing (disable/enable each single addon and tested this shit) i figuered out that this problem is caused by "Lorti UI" which i downloaded under the following link through a recommendation of the famous Enh Shaman "Llipe" in one of his Youtube Comments.

http : // rghost . net / 4275912

(delete spaces)

I hope there's something i can change in a .lua file or something like that to fix?
    Im a horrible beginner in this stuff so no chance to edit this of my own.

If i disable the "Lorti UI" everything is working fine.

So one solution could be to give a sh*t of the dark style but i think i want to figure it out.. Other guys out there are also playing with this styles or the hole Lorti UI and apparently they have no Problems because i found near nothing about that on Google, expecially in combination with "Lorti UI".

I really hope you guys get my problem, i'm not a native english as you certainly notice but i really tried my best to describe my problem.

Thank in advance for your time and help.
    If you need further Information, please let me know.

Greetings

The primary and obvious issue is that upload was back in early 2011.
    Any addons in there are going to be way out of date, and should they be reliant on any significantly changed functionality then they would be pretty broken.

The only part that might work without issue, would be the graphics replacements and then those will change though typically not as significantly as functional addons would.

Deleted
    First of all thanks for your reply ComputerNerd!

Yeah i think you're right.
    Initially i thought that the Upload i postet above is ONLY (as you said) the grahical thing and must still work (the well known dark style theme) but after i read your post and looked at it more precisely, is saw that a few very small things are also changed through this "addOn".
    For example you can not show die life pool AND percentage at the same time in die player/target frames (altough i selected this in die interface - options).
    Perhaps this outdated code of the "lortiUI" i posted crashed with the new systems in wow (like my frames bug ofc).

But these changes were so hard to see in the first few moments so i did't get them.

So as i said i thing you're right. This upload contains apparently more than just the graphical aspect which has no impact to patches and stuff..

Good thing is, that i wanted only the dark style and not the other changes cause i otherwise i play nearly with standard ui.

To figure out which part only the darken style is and which part changes other things could be really hard.

So has anyone of you an (working) addon / script to put in a .lua / ... or something like that which does this for me and could give me a link or uload it?

I found one on "arenajunies" and tried it out but it's not working for me tough :/ I'm sure i did all the things in the right order how it's in the small guide.

Really thanks for your help.

SantaUITextures should give you the dark style theme

Deleted
    Thanks for the Tipp Speedtrax.
    I know SantaUITextures but in comparison with Lorti/Ino Styles there only a few things (frame + bar) in the dark style and it's only a "light colored" version.

This is SantaUiTex.:

http: // s. cdn.wowinterface. com/preview/pvw45834. jpg (remove spaces)

This Lorti/Ibo Style:

http: // img683. imageshack. us/img683/7515/lortibest. jpg (remove spaces)

http: //imageshack. us/f/28/94729462 . jpg/ (remove spaces)

As you can see the ibo/lorti code is much darker, i think it feels more epic

Didn't find a picture with the blizzard default frames, but i know that the ibo/lorti code also colours (dark style) near the hole ui und also the frames with is pretty cool cause everything looks consistently.
    As far as i know, Santa only colours "light" and only tha bars..

Alright, lets see. You could try CleaveTV Custom Unitframes @ Wowinterface. It says only unit frames but it gives the whole UI a dark theme.

Deleted
    As always, thank for reply.

I gave it a try and this are the results:

This is with the CleaveTV Custom Unitframes:

http: // bilderhost. com/ImageHosting/19838_ResultCleaveCustomUnitFrames. jpg. html (remove spaces)

And this is with the LortiUI enabled from the beginning (from which i wanted this f*cking look and nothing else cause its outdated and buggy with a few things )

http: // bilderhost. com/ImageHosting/19839_ResultLortiUI. jpg. html (remove spaces)

I think you guys can understand what i mean. With this half-and-half style it looks (don't know a english word that describes it exectly, hope you know what i mean) pretty disconcerning (right word? ;D) or not harmonious in my eyes.

I looked at the code from this LortiUI again. It definitly must be possible to separate the Style thing from the outdated code or rather from everything else with changes/crashes other things..
    From what i can see (totally lua/code noob) that LortiUI Upload has special media files contained which are responsible for the (additional) darken part which is missing in the "CleavesUnitFrames".

There are some lines in the .lua like this (logical): "For colour/style/whatever of the right action bar uses Addons/LortiUI/media/Picture1.tga"

and so on.. so somehow it must be possible to separate but im definitly to inexperienced in this stuff.

There must be a much simpler solution out there.

So many player used that kind of Styles (and everything is working) lets say in streams or youtube etc.

It's a pity non of them respond to a simple friendly question how to do this / where to download..