10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    josephine and i think vivienne will do guys. it's just cassandra is the only girl that only does guys. josephine >>>>>>> cassandra in terms of looks, that's for damn sure. but cass does have a sexy voice. not really sexy enough to outweigh her looks though.
    I just hope we don't end up with a Mass Effect 2 here where they knee-jerk out all the non-straight romances for reasons.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Vivi sounds like a bitch though so no thx.
    im not into chicks who support the circle.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I just hope we don't end up with a Mass Effect 2 here where they knee-jerk out all the non-straight romances for reasons.
    You are confusing with Mass Effect 3 probably. AFAIK, there is no gay romance in ME2, and for lesbian romance there is only Jack.
    Or did you mean Dragon Age 2? There, indeed, it was shittily implemented.

Y'all shallow.

You never see Tali's face and she's widely thought to be the best romance in Mass Effect. Female, at least.

I'm sure Cassandra will be great. Aveline not being romancable was my biggest regret in DA2.

goddammit, i guess i should have just gone through the game with my family's sword at grey iron level.

have had no fucking crash problems until tonight, after using that stupid mod to let that sword and shield upgrade.

I rarely get crashes and when I do it's from Mana clash.

Just use quicksave a lot. I do that on principle since I like playing around with conversation options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    Witcher does it perfect. When you import your Witcher 1 Savegame into Wicher 2 you get your Raven Armor and your Legendary Swords (obviously in a pretty weak version) and like 10% of your Gold. So you get some benefit for Importing your Savegame other than all the Story/Characters that change ingame because of your Decisions in Witcher 1.

But I'm fine when DA3 will suck balls, like I expect it to. Then I can finally be done with the Franchise and ignore it. At least we got one good Game from the Franchise. BioWare has not produced one good Game since DA:O T.T
    Sorry but Dragon Age 2 was not as bad as people claim. As good as Origins? Hell no. Better then a lot of western rpgs that come out now a days? Yes. The biggest problem in that game to me was the boring, whiny companions. Which if you've watched any Inquisition videos you can tell that is no longer the case.
    Plus to the whole repetitive areas thing people complain about it, if you play an mmo you should already be used to that.
    So far with all the delays for the game I think it is a really good sign. They are trying to get stuff done right and not just release the game ASAP.
    Because EA gave Bioware another year we got qunari for example.

Plus to the whole repetitive areas thing people complain about it, if you play an mmo you should already be used to that.
    I don't know, every zone in WoW always struck me as unique.

leliana is so damn pleasant in origins, i really hope they don't turn her into little miss hardass. it's not even just while you're romancing her either, she's just always such a sweetie. i never harden her either, cause that's bad >: (

and i really hope that if dragonbone weapons and armor will be present, that they won't be this hideous rust color. look like actual dragon bone, like skyrim's bone weapons and armor.

Am I the only one who didn't care for the romances and only took part for the achievements?

Side note, I am so looking forward to playing as Qunari.

Its Qunari time, bitchaaayz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    You are confusing with Mass Effect 3 probably. AFAIK, there is no gay romance in ME2, and for lesbian romance there is only Jack.
    Or did you mean Dragon Age 2? There, indeed, it was shittily implemented.
    No. Mass Effect 2 only had straight romances (with companions, not talking about NPCs here), Jack is available for males only. ME3 at least returned Liara as more than a bit character and "NPC" romance. I had no problem with the player-sexual implementation in DA2 because I didn't look at it from a multi-playthrough meta perspective. Honestly it was my preferred implementation.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't care for the romances and only took part for the achievements?

Side note, I am so looking forward to playing as Qunari.

Its Qunari time, bitchaaayz
    I don't care all that much about them either, but i suspect its because of the way BSN are we are seeing so much focus on that particular element.

Think I'm going to play a dwarf again, never really enjoyed being a human in the first one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Not everyone plays MMOs here (I don't). Besides, in MMO you will often find copy-pasting, but not such a direct copy-pasting as in DA2 - three acts with completely identical zones and quests of similar structure in the same places. The only other game I know of that does it is Diablo 2/3, but those games don't position themselves as story-based RPGs...

But this copy-pasting is, pretty much, the only thing I hate about DA2. Enough to not want to replay it though: every time I think about replaying it again, I remember Sundermount which I would need to ascend three damn times - and the desire suddenly disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No. Mass Effect 2 only had straight romances (with companions, not talking about NPCs here), Jack is available for males only. ME3 at least returned Liara as more than a bit character and "NPC" romance. I had no problem with the player-sexual implementation in DA2 because I didn't look at it from a multi-playthrough meta perspective. Honestly it was my preferred implementation.
    Hmm, I've always thought Jack was available for females too - I always play female Shepard and she definitely hits on her by the end of the game. I never tried to pursue it though since I don't like Jack.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    leliana is so damn pleasant in origins, i really hope they don't turn her into little miss hardass. it's not even just while you're romancing her either, she's just always such a sweetie. i never harden her either, cause that's bad >: (
    she doesnt really seem hardass. more vendictive or bitter almost is what i sense. i liked her in origins and the dlc but her character has changed very much from what demos we have seen for 3. im interested if they explain why.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    So Leliana got a Anders-tier character change?

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    So Leliana got a Anders-tier character change?
    well, in that trailer she straight up murders that tevinter guy's son. i mean, he had her tortured and he's responsible for some pretty bad shit, but that doesn't really seem like the leliana i know from origins. though i guess being tortured would make someone slightly angry.

you can apparently choose who to send on that mission though, and apparently leliana's has the bad end. cullen would probably be better for it, since he takes an army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Important to remember that her character used to be a bit of an assassin in her story in Orlais before the events during the blight, she murdering and torturing people is not really all that strange with that in mind.

Deleted
    he had her tortured and he's responsible for some pretty bad shit, but that doesn't really seem like the leliana i know from origins. though i guess being tortured would make someone slightly angry.
    It's not like they could crush her balls

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Important to remember that her character used to be a bit of an assassin in her story in Orlais before the events during the blight, she murdering and torturing people is not really all that strange with that in mind.
    Pretty much this. The "sweet and naive" Leliana struck me as more of a facade than anything.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    i guess being tortured would spark that killer instinct, especially after already being tortured once before.

i don't believe she was faking her softhearted ways in origins. if you do her quest, and you can see in the dialogue that she genuinely wants to be rid of the type of person she was. this is when you can harden her if you want, but i don't because you basically turn her into a murder loving psychopath and that's just fucked up.