10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Honestly, I really liked the way elves are handled in DA.
    Agreed, it was an enjoyable change of pace, so to speak. I quite liked how the dwarves and elves were handled. Never got used to the big grey guy changes between one and two though. The horn thing seemed so completely pointless. "they're not different enough so lets add horns!" Ugh...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Agreed, it was an enjoyable change of pace, so to speak. I quite liked how the dwarves and elves were handled. Never got used to the big grey guy changes between one and two though. The horn thing seemed so completely pointless. "they're not different enough so lets add horns!" Ugh...
    I think Qunari where always meant to have horns but the one in DAO did not get any because it would require them to redesign a large number of head items based purely on the notion that Sten could have been brought along and equipped with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Even those.

The humans had an Exalted March against the Dalish, which is their version of a Holy Crusade.

If you lived in your forest, praying to your god ( well they had magic but trying to use IRL analogy ) and the Pope came and stomped your shit, wouldn't you hate the Pope, too?
    Which is why I said their feelings are justified to a point. Reading comprehension, go!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    And again, score one for the mod community. =)

I modded Sten to look like the Qunari from DA2 and was very happy with the results.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Even those.

The humans had an Exalted March against the Dalish, which is their version of a Holy Crusade.

If you lived in your forest, praying to your god ( well they had magic but trying to use IRL analogy ) and the Pope came and stomped your shit, wouldn't you hate the Pope, too?
    that's like jews being mad at christians for the crusades still. it's ridiculous and petty. if they want their own land they could take off and go to the donarks, it doesn't seem like anyone else goes that far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's like jews being mad at christians for the crusades still. it's ridiculous and petty. if they want their own land they could take off and go to the donarks, it doesn't seem like anyone else goes that far.
    you what? the muslims were the target of the crusades

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    you what? the muslims were the target of the crusades
    jews were killed in crusades too. at least that's what the history channel told me. if those guys got it wrong, then i guess change the example to muslims. you see how irrational and stupid thousand year old hate is by their example.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2014-08-05 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    jews were killed in crusades too.
    doesnt mean they were the actual targets of it though. the crusades were against muslims to take back jerusalem, jews killed in the crusades were probably either wrong place wrong time, or not known to be jews

doesnt mean they were the actual targets of it though. the crusades were against muslims to take back jerusalem, jews killed in the crusades were probably either wrong place wrong time, or not known to be jews
    Or you know, Europe was pretty fucking anti-semitistic in the Middle Ages. Crucifixion of Jesus and all..
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Or you know, Europe was pretty fucking anti-semitistic in the Middle Ages. Crucifixion of Jesus and all..
    that may well be, but that was still not what the crusades were about. they were about taking back jerusalem, and if possible converting muslims, muslims were the main target of this, jews were minority in this

that may well be, but that was still not what the crusades were about. they were about taking back jerusalem, and if possible converting muslims, muslims were the main target of this, jews were minority in this
    She didn't say they were target or primary target. She just said they were killed, which is very true.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I believe this is accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    She didn't say they were target or primary target. She just said they were killed, which is very true.
    i dont know man, as pateuvasiliu points out in the post (hopefully) above this one it was heavily implied that the jews were the main targets of the crusades ( ''that's like jews being mad at christians for the crusades'' for good measure)

Well, they could be mad at Crusades because Christians claimed the region for themselves and also killed quite the bunch of them

no, didn't mean all of the crusades. there was a documentary on the history channel said something about there being several crusades for different reasons through out the years. i watch the history channel a lot, but i've come to think that some of the shows on there say fake stuff. i know ancient aliens spits outright lies sometimes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crusades happen for two reasons:
    1. Boredom - the life in EU during the DARK AGES was boring
    2. Greed - some dudes wanted to get rich

Some dudes became so rich even kings envied them, R.I.P. Templars.

Religion was only used to get the bored plebs going.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

Actually this would be correct if historical data didn't point out that many lords and knights left all their earthly possessions behind for the Church to absolve themselves from the sins they have made during their life while partcipiating the Crusades. It includes extremely wealthy people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually this would be correct if historical data didn't point out that many lords and knights left all their earthly possessions behind for the Church to absolve themselves from the sins they have made during their life while partcipiating the Crusades. It includes extremely wealthy people too.
    Sure, being a lord or a knight didn't exclude you from being a paranoid religious fanatic and it certainly didn't protect you from members of the church threatening you and yours with fire and damnation if you didn't give them all your money. If the church came out against you, you were likely to lose all your money and power from the resulting political backlash.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By some dudes I meant members of the church.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

The muslims invaded the holy land and parts of europe.