10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    I just think you're weird now.
    And I think you're just as weird. DA combat was not my favorite. It felt more like a JRPG or at least a level higher then JRPG. Combat was better in DA2 but again(Not dynasty warrior as they claimed....hype train is evil). I'd say they need to either find a new way of combat or something I'm missing. Combat in DA wasn't always my favorite.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I just think you're weird now.
    You are in plenty of company in thinking that

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And I think you're just as weird. DA combat was not my favorite. It felt more like a JRPG or at least a level higher then JRPG. Combat was better in DA2 but again(Not dynasty warrior as they claimed....hype train is evil). I'd say they need to either find a new way of combat or something I'm missing. Combat in DA wasn't always my favorite.
    Felt much more exciting and challenging imo. DA2 was just button mashing and dwindling down massive health bars with the same frigging animations. No satisfaction from weapon impact. Rogues and Warriors were unplayable for me due to this. Mages were slightly better and I liked the Force spells. The waves of mobs thing was bloody awful though.

I may be slightly biased as I spent a good 200+ hours on Origins and the DLC and in my opinion it's one of the best games of modern time. Story, combat, gameplay. Extremely absorbing and the characters were a pleasure to get to know as well.

If they go for something in between in DA:I, I will be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    I know right? The only good ice cream is lemon.
    You just made my enemies list!

I cant get behind any combat system that has you pause the game mid fight multiple times.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    But lemon ice cream is so refreshing, especially in all this damned hot weather!

DA2 was just button mashing and dwindling down massive health bars with the same frigging animations. No satisfaction from weapon impact. Rogues and Warriors were unplayable for me due to this. Mages were slightly better and I liked the Force spells. The waves of mobs thing was bloody awful though.
    Have to agree with everything except the part about the weapon impact. I just played origins again recently and the melee combat barely feels like it has any force behind it, especially the auto attacks. Was the main thing I liked about DA2 combat, that it felt like you were actually hitting something hard with your weapon when fighting.

Deleted
    But lemon ice cream is so refreshing, especially in all this damned hot weather!
    Lemon sorbet is the emperor of all ice-cream.

Death to the heathens!
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2013-08-03 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Have to agree with everything except the part about the weapon impact. I just played origins again recently and the melee combat barely feels like it has any force behind it, especially the auto attacks. Was the main thing I liked about DA2 combat, that it felt like you were actually hitting something hard with your weapon when fighting.
    Yeah I thought it had a good chunk feeling on the warrior when the sword hit. After I got tired of it, I ended up putting in the cheat codes and binding attack nearest enemy to space, then just spamming space bar, and it did look pretty awesome, zipping back and forth, slashing deep into enemies.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felt much more exciting and challenging imo. DA2 was just button mashing and dwindling down massive health bars with the same frigging animations. No satisfaction from weapon impact. Rogues and Warriors were unplayable for me due to this. Mages were slightly better and I liked the Force spells. The waves of mobs thing was bloody awful though.
    Challenge is relative. I felt little challenge between the two. At most both game's combat was somewhat annoying. I like the variety of attacks and spells but it's still missing something. What had it going was the roleplaying aspect and the SWTORism(Choosing to be a dick, being nice. Romance options etc etc)

I may be slightly biased as I spent a good 200+ hours on Origins and the DLC and in my opinion it's one of the best games of modern time. Story, combat, gameplay. Extremely absorbing and the characters were a pleasure to get to know as well.
    ...Best games of modern history? Wat? Yeah that's very biased. DA was good but one of the best? Eh, I don't think so. I think it CAN and COULD BE a top Fantasy series out there or any game franchise, single player or otherwise. DA:I has a lot of promise based on what we know. Personally the storyline possibilities will likely be their strongest if done right.

As for the DLC, I never really liked DLC stuff. I always feel just put it in game or do an expansion type deal and be done with it. I don't care for DLC stuff. I really just find it distasteful.

I'll probably make a post later on my pro's and con's of DA:Origins and DA: II and maybe what I want for DA:I
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Challenge is relative. I felt little challenge between the two. At most both game's combat was somewhat annoying. I like the variety of attacks and spells but it's still missing something. What had it going was the roleplaying aspect and the SWTORism(Choosing to be a dick, being nice. Romance options etc etc)

...Best games of modern history? Wat? Yeah that's very biased. DA was good but one of the best? Eh, I don't think so. I think it CAN and COULD BE a top Fantasy series out there or any game franchise, single player or otherwise. DA:I has a lot of promise based on what we know. Personally the storyline possibilities will likely be their strongest if done right.

As for the DLC, I never really liked DLC stuff. I always feel just put it in game or do an expansion type deal and be done with it. I don't care for DLC stuff. I really just find it distasteful.

I'll probably make a post later on my pro's and con's of DA:Origins and DA: II and maybe what I want for DA:I
    Damn straight it was one of the best. The graphics might have been a bit meh, but the gameplay, story, replayability. Right up there. The impact was really good in my opinion. Really sleek feedback and the sound of my daggers backstabbing a bandit was like an orgasm. shliick.

Deleted
    replayability.
    Seeing how this thread is going, im going to say that DA:O hav no replayability since i only played it once.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your opinion then Gravath, I don't know anyone else who played DA:O less than 3 times, hell I played DA:O through.... 9 times? and that's 9 complete runs, not including runs where I had a character concept that didn't play out, so I stopped 1/2 way through.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That's your opinion then Gravath
    Just like everything fucking else in this thread that people perceive as ironclad fact because they think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Just like everything fucking else in this thread that people perceive as ironclad fact because they think so.
    I think it's an accepted idea that Dragon Age II was an utter failure. Even EA confirmed this when they ditched creating the expansion pack to start working on 3.

I hope, I really do, that DA3 will be good because it has the potential if they don't derp it up this time.
    Currently playing: Stuff
    YouTube|Hearthstone Decks|Twitter|MyAnimeList

Deleted
    People enjoyed and still does enjoy playing DA2.
    Calling it an utter failure because you dont like it is... simply retarded.

Its a game, not your personal wishmaker.

That's totally fine if you and others enjoy the game. To each their own.

Fact is though, in every other measure and opinions aside, it is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post
    That's totally fine if you and others enjoy the game. To each their own.

Fact is though, in every other measure and opinions aside, it is a failure.
    In what way? Anything objective to go on?

Deleted
    So gamers enjoying a game isnt the point of a game?

Well arent you the hip revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    And fuck all creepy...!
    But so SO hot.

- - - Updated - - -

So they managed to create a character that is human yet superhuman and not a huge piece of shit.
    Superheromovie writes should take note.
    In terms of pacing, lack of cheesiness, amazingness of story, believableness of characters, immersion of world, Witcher 2 is undeniably the best game made in about the past decade.

Especially in terms of cheesiness, the big devs have been way overdoing it for a while now. Needs to be toned down especially in the blockbuster AAA titles like pretty much any Bioware game though I guess it's a little late for game sequels now since the precedent has been set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Respect for a 3rd rate video game character... hah. The Witcher 2, a game that made Dragon Age 2's combat seem semi competent.
    Witcher 2 also happens to have the best controls of an RPG since a pretty long time barring Kingdoms of Amanlur which happened to fail in every other regard.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-04 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    In what way? Anything objective to go on?
    4.37 million copies sold of Dragon Age: Origins
    2.15 million copes sold of Dragon Age II

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=dragon+age

I don't know if I'd call a sequel that sold half as many copies as the original a success.
    Then the simple fact that EA, the company that loves to milk every last dime out of a game, decided it'd be more worth it to have focus switch from the DA2 DLCs to working on DA3 is pretty telling about how it views DA2.

Regardless, all I can say is that I hope they learned their lessons from DA2 and try to make something closer to Origins, which I enjoyed immensely.
    Last edited by Mezzolith; 2013-08-04 at 01:32 PM.

The reason ppl react so bady to DA2 is DA:O got its reputation based on being successor of old school RPG games like BG and NWN. And BW gutted the game like a pig in that regard. No more old school feeling ... everything has to be flashy. Flashy animations, big boobs, pretty graphics, managing gear is too hard core get rid of that, UI needs neon colors, that's what is in nowdays ... and we have to make it in a year because time is money.

That's what was sad about the sequel.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2013-08-04 at 01:50 PM.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.