I have no idea about this DLC and won't for a while but previous DLC in BioWare games scaled to the players level (well not sure about Origins, the dlc there was level fixed I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I was expecting it to be more like Biowares normal DLC, you know, full of story? Instead it's the open world bullshit inquisition brought, it might as well have been included in the game.

I hoped for legacy of mark of the assassin and got something boring.
    Apparently in the DLC they decided to blend it into the open world content more to make it more seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have no idea about this DLC and won't for a while but previous DLC in BioWare games scaled to the players level (well not sure about Origins, the dlc there was level fixed I believe)
    They've said on twitter that you'll want to be lvl 20 to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They've said on twitter that you'll want to be lvl 20 to do it.
    right but I understand why someone would be a bit miffed if they were expecting the usual type of dlc from them

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    right but I understand why someone would be a bit miffed if they were expecting the usual type of dlc from them
    Definitely, I was just relaying information. I wasn't sure if you knew they had said there was a specific level for it.

well it will be a while before I play it anyway. Now to try and stay away from all DA:I threads and forums until then...right

Ditto... I though I think BioWare should make it up to me by shipping my Morrigan Hoodie today I am hoping it will only be a month delay though. It'll give me time to finish my latest pt and then I should be ready to dive in with my cannon character... yes I am just telling myself things to feel better about not being able to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I log into Origin today, and bam theres a new DLC. Is it so bad Bioware hid it right up to release? I have heard nothing about it, except that screenshot leak yesterday.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just another zone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    And since the zones themselves are lackluster, i'm going to assume the DLC is as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And since the zones themselves are lackluster, i'm going to assume the DLC is as well.
    From what I've seen, yes. I'll give the DLC another go once I can be bothered Leveling up, damn shame they didn't make it at least scaleable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought it, over an hour in, pretty lame. Doesn't appear to connect to any other story. The new Avaar (avarr?) enemy is generic as fuck, and they appear in packs and are just reskinned enemies you've killed 1000 times by now. Jungle zone, which this engine doesnt handle well. Quest for legendary items... yet this is the end of the game, by the time you get it you will have nothing left to do with it. Its not like you can start a new game with the weapons like in some other RPGs.

Its not the worst DLC ive bought, but its really bad compared to the ME and DA2 ones. At least those were heavily story driven.

I'd much rather they had created no new zone, and just put together a great story that traversed mostly areas we have been in, with only a few new instanced parts. Something akin to Shadow Broker, great story, playable during or after campaign, connections to the previous games, and the next one.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2015-03-24 at 07:48 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Its not the worst DLC ive bought, but its really bad compared to the ME and DA2 ones. At least those were heavily story driven.
    Not all of them though... ME1 DLCs were pretty lame, especially Pinnacle Station. Legacy also was dragged, IMO, one large dungeon crawler with tons of enemies and little story (the final boss was great though).

Anyway, I've spent so much time playing DAI, I probably won't play it in the nearest future. Will wait till 2016 at least, and maybe there we will get more DLCs expanding on the story? Also, I refuse to play until they fix Thousand Cuts, it basically breaks the game at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I didn't pick up ME1 until after 2, and with all DLCs, but I guess if I had bought the DLC as it came out, it would have been a similar level of let down.

So far I just cant get into Hakkon. Its expanding on everything I disliked about DA:I, and so far has expanded nothing that I liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    New landscape to suffer thru, new bear skins to be dread of, new humanoid skins to clunky-fight against. [sigh]
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I bought it, over an hour in, pretty lame. Doesn't appear to connect to any other story. The new Avaar (avarr?) enemy is generic as fuck, and they appear in packs and are just reskinned enemies you've killed 1000 times by now. Jungle zone, which this engine doesnt handle well. Quest for legendary items... yet this is the end of the game, by the time you get it you will have nothing left to do with it. Its not like you can start a new game with the weapons like in some other RPGs.

I'd much rather they had created no new zone, and just put together a great story that traversed mostly areas we have been in, with only a few new instanced parts. Something akin to Shadow Broker, great story, playable during or after campaign, connections to the previous games, and the next one.
    Shadow Broker really was an amazing DLC. It was just so well put together. Doubt we'll see something of that quality for a while.

Deleted
    Haven't half the shadow broker team been fired or executed already?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... If im reading this right its basically nothing more than more collectibles and fetch quests and they are asking 15 euro for it?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    So... If im reading this right its basically nothing more than more collectibles and fetch quests and they are asking 15 euro for it?
    That would be a little to negative. It's pretty generic DLC but it has a few moments. But, after the ME DLCs and considering there are many unfinished stories in the base game to explore its a little strange that the DLC does something completely unrelated and not really that interresting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I have a great fear for the Next Mass Effect game, since it is done also by Bioware and also features open world...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Somehow I have a great fear for the Next Mass Effect game, since it is done also by Bioware and also features open world...
    Wait. The next mass effect is open world?! Ok now I'm worried, oh Skyrim what hath thou done to my bioware.