10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Do mods still work?
    Since we lost a bunch of pages, I'm guessing yes .

I get the feeling these current pages will vanish pretty soon.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Since we lost a bunch of pages, I'm guessing yes .

I get the feeling these current pages will vanish pretty soon.
    Not talking about forum mods talking about game mods XD
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Should have been understood, mods only "work" when they get to harass someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, still can't get into the game, got 1 more influence to attain befor I can choose between the Mages or Templars, and I just can not be arsed to do it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Okay, still can't get into the game, got 1 more influence to attain befor I can choose between the Mages or Templars, and I just can not be arsed to do it.
    If you aren't feeling it, then it's better you don't play it. Play a game when you want to. No sense in forcing yourself to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    If you aren't feeling it, then it's better you don't play it. Play a game when you want to. No sense in forcing yourself to play.
    Yeah, strange thing is I don't mind screwing around abit on MP, but on single player, I'm just not feeling it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Yeah, strange thing is I don't mind screwing around abit on MP, but on single player, I'm just not feeling it.
    To be fair if you've not chosen between Templars and Mages, you're like 5% into the game, you've not even got your spec yet. The game gets MUCH better once you've made your choice and faced the... Consequences of your choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I recommend you play, at least, until Skyhold: that's when the game really starts. I was also a bit bored shortly after I chose Mages and completed the related quests, but once I got to Skyhold, I couldn't stop until I'd completed the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hinterlands burnout is so widespread that the zone should have come with a warning label. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Hinterlands is too bad. It is just that if you only do Hinterlands and nothing else for hours, it might get boring. I rotated Hinterlands, the Mere and the Storm Coast - and it was fine. It is just that the story is a bit stale before you reach Skyhold; not much is going on in the world.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I wouldn't say Hinterlands is too bad. It is just that if you only do Hinterlands and nothing else for hours, it might get boring. I rotated Hinterlands, the Mere and the Storm Coast - and it was fine. It is just that the story is a bit stale before you reach Skyhold; not much is going on in the world.
    Yeah, but a lot of people don't do that. They operate under the assumption they are supposed to stay in an area until it is 100% done, then move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallowmere takes all of an hour to do. Complete everything. You have to come back with the improved lockpicking skill though. It's like that pretty much in every zone though.

Advice for Hinterlands if just do the basic quests you are given. Clear the immediate area and then head out to the Storm Coast. Clear sections there and then head out to the Fallowmere. The level 12 section of Hinterlands should be the last thing you get into.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    When you get burned out doing 100% in a zone that means that the zone is crap or the content there is. I am currently playing Witcher 3 and there I still have fun in Velen even though I have been there for at least 30 hours.

DA:Is main problem is the stale and boring side content and the fact that it doesn't even matter what you do because there are no consequences for your side quests. The game also has a lot of pointless and grindy MMO stuff like gathering herbs for NPCs or killing a bunch of mobs which is fine in MMOs but not so good in RPGs.

Witcher 3 has a shitload of fun side activities like Gwent and the side quests have consequences and feel important. The world also feels alive whilst DA:Is maps feel empty and bloated. You can even clear out abandoned sites and villagers will return there and thats what makes you feel like your deeds matter and makes the world feel alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
    When you get burned out doing 100% in a zone that means that the zone is crap or the content there is.
    Err, I strongly disagree with this. I, for example, am a very dynamic person: I cannot do the same activity for a long time without getting bored. My favorite game ever is Mass Effect 3, I've played through it like 10 times and don't plan to stop before I've played 10 times more. Yet, if you make me play Mass Effect 3 for 3 days without playing anything else, I will get bored and start hating the game.

Same with DAI. I loved the game, and I loved Hinterlands. But if you make me play Hinterlands only for 5 hours straight, I might just jump out the window to end the nightmare.

Has anyone modded this game successfully? I'm wanting to start getting mods into the game but I've heard with the black emporium patch they've wrecked the dragon age mod manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Has anyone modded this game successfully? I'm wanting to start getting mods into the game but I've heard with the black emporium patch they've wrecked the dragon age mod manager.
    Yes, but even with the Mod Manager mods are in the most basic of stages. Mostly texture replacements and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Yes, but even with the Mod Manager mods are in the most basic of stages. Mostly texture replacements and not much else.
    Well most of the textures suck so better detailed characters and not having to use that awful skyhold outfit is a plus regardless. Anyway is the mod manager actually usable or is it still buggered? No one I've spoken to has used it since the black emporium patch. >_<

Deleted
    It's only being modded for tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    You say that like it's not important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    There's a mod that removes wait times for those awful war table missions, that's worth getting at least.