Thread: Alt creation

Deleted

Alt creation

Hey guys, I recently moved to another server and want to make an alt. And the thing is I allways liked the idea of having a lock, cool pets usually get the nicest armor pieces.
    But the idea of multidoting scares the crap out of me. The idea I have of that gameplay, is that you keep tabbing all the time to check how the dots are regarding durations. For example nests on Ji-Kun where you have to keep dots in like 5/6 birds. Do you actually enjoy the fights, or have any feeling of the suroundings? Since you are allways micro managing all those details

TidyPlates show your dots above nameplates. And you can easily get used to multidotting, though it may take few fights. And you can get 100% uptime on dots quite easily with Pandemic passive now, where previously clipping dot was quite big dps loss. Though now with so much powerful procs you have new problem of having to weight dot power, but it's different problem altogether.

Deleted
    thanks for the straight answer, seems then the issue is not the dots but the buffs that afect them, the source is diferent but the 'problem' remains the same. with all that micro managing seems like you cant really know whats going on during the raid :/

Simply having a warlock doesn't mean you're going to be tab-targeting and multi-dotting everthing in sight. Blizzard actually took a chunk out of our multi-dotting efficiency when they synergized Malefic Grasp and Haunt with the other DoTs. That's specifically Affliction though. Demo and Destro aren't huge on the DoT'ing in the first place, by comparison. Destro in particular only has one DoT to manage, and it's more about ember generation and can be spread via Fire & Brimstone.

Ji-Kun birds, unless you're talking about a heroic mechanic I'm not familiar with, are just a burst/AoE phase for players designated to handle nests. I'd recommend leaving an Affliction lock on the platform to deal with Ji-Kun, but Destro is good times for nest duty. Cleaving Chaos Bolt, Rain of Fire, maybe a F&B Immolate. If you have a strong burst partner, you can afford to do F&B Immolate/Incinerate while they concentrate on heavy single-target or cleave.

As for tracking multiple DoTs, TidyPlates or others like ForteXorcist (DoTimer, Raven, WeakAuras... get the point) serve to keep an eye on durations without going through Tab Targeting Hell.
    Last edited by Alaira; 2013-06-18 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    really? wow that gives me some hope thank you both! brb creating a warlock :P

Its fun now that we have kc and can move while casting.

More of a problem is the extreme movement required in wows raids now so it can be tough to keep dmg up. Kc is the answer for that problem tho

Donno what id do if i had to stand still on jinrok lol.... Dmg lower than tanks maybe?

Deleted
    Probably you'd just plan your movement a little more.

Deleted
    Just to throw it out there, most of the time it's better to click on the nameplates when multi dotting, if you just cycle via tab you often land on a mob you already spread your dots to and that wastes time.

Like Nivrax said, get the addon tidyplates, it's invaluable in such scenarios. Also you can set it to display when an add reaches 20% hp by having the nameplate turn a different colour, very useful when playing destruction or just reminding you when to drain soul.

Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    Probably you'd just plan your movement a little more.

O nice didnt think of that.

Good thing we have kc tho!!!

Deleted
    thank you all for the great tips