The Right Character Name

Alex has many character names at bay, and would like to get your opinion on the bunch. Which ones are the "best" of them all? All the names mean "Wolf" or some variation eg. "Noble Wolf" etc. Also, to avoid creating a pathless thread he would like to discuss ways you've created character names, how to create good ones and the most creative ones you've seen. Thanks for reading.

The List:
    Adalwolf
    Bardalph
    Bardawulf
    Bardolf
    Bardolph
    Bardou
    Bardoul
    Bardulf
    Bardulph
    Barwolf
    Bashar
    Beowulf
    Last edited by Klingensturm; 2013-07-24 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Typo

Maybe something not so literal to wolf? Lupus means 'wolf' in Latin and Italian, so maybe a play off that? Vonlupus perhaps?

from your list though, prolly Bardou

If you are going with wolf names i assume that you are good for worgen. Mine is called Theocoles, you know from Spartacus. He was a beast, fitting for a worgen I say!
    And I agree with celtic on your own names
    Ow, and I play warrior
    Last edited by critterkiller; 2013-07-24 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by critterkiller View Post
    If you are going with wolf names i assume that you are good for worgen.
    Nope, I bet its gonna be a Gnome

Deleted
    Lycan is a form of werewolf. If you like the sound you can mix something up with that. I do

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to make my names from norse mythology. Thiassi=a giant that could shapeshift like a druid. I wish I would have named my druid that but I named my dk that. Wolf names, I'd go with norse mythology still or something from some of the books I read, since that's my thing.

Out of the ones you listed, I like Bashar or Bardou the best.

Thanks everyone, your friendly responses are a nice refreshment. Alex also plays a Worgen warrior, and would like to make a new one. Bardou or Bardoul it is, whichever one is not taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Bardou and Bardoul.

One of my biggest peeves is people with ridiculously stupid names. I hate hate hate it. It bugs me so much. I've seen a shaman running around on my server named "Snotrockit"

Are you fucking kidding me? Really?

Bad names are a waste in my opinion. Please put time and effort into naming a character (unless it's gonna be a bankalt that will sit at level 1 forever)

On to the main point, I usually come up with my names on the fly, but some had small inspiration. for instance, my Death Knight is named Mortumok. Mortu is from Mortum, which is latin/Italian for death/dead, so it worked. Luxavenos, my paladin, pulls his name from the latin Lux, meaning light. Malesar, my lock, comes from Malus, or "bad", "evil". You get the idea