Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question 10HM Dark Animus (Demo)

Hi guys! My guild was trying to do the burn strat on HM DA last night and we couldn't do it. On Icy-Veins they had a thread talking about it saying Demo is great on it because of the short duration of the fight. Now my main question here is, is it still a viable spec over the other 2 without the Lei Shen trinket in terms of damage?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the burn on H DA? I don't think so honestly. I'd rather do H DA as affliction in that case (without unerring), as unerring shines on that fight due to the multitude of targets you can throw doom up for the imp army during the fight as you progress through the zerg. I only personally got my first Heroic DA kill on Sunday though (as demo w/ unerring), so maybe my word isn't as strong as some of the other warlocks in here. I think demo can still perform fine on H DA for the burn, but not as much as a haste reforged/gemmed aff lock would.

Multi-dotting with crit-buffed Doom is precisely why Demo is so good for the burn. You will essentially have multiple crit-Dooms ticking for 100% of the encounter, making for a truly impressive Imp army. Affliction is not going to be able to compete.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    We are trying this too. I assume GoSac would be best?
    I noticed it did better for Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Multi-dotting with crit-buffed Doom is precisely why Demo is so good for the burn. You will essentially have multiple crit-Dooms ticking for 100% of the encounter, making for a truly impressive Imp army. Affliction is not going to be able to compete.
    I understand that much on the Doom spreading, but even without the trinket, would Demo still be good doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    We are trying this too. I assume GoSac would be best?
    Supremacy makes so 1 warlock can tank 2 bots, its pretty handy but ofc that depends on your raid strategy

I know exactly what thread you are talking about and to be honest I am unsure why you are asking the question you are asking. The post by Gahhda clearly explained the demo lock required the trinket to be a key factor in the strat and even had math one how much RDPS is required .... There was also math on how much DPS would be required if they did not have a demo lock with the trinket to abuse its mechanics.

Looking at WoL ranking since that post came out, its more apparent that the tanks vengeance dps is the biggest factor in this strat as Gahhda has been dethroned from #1 by a good bit, by none other than Paladin tanks.

My opinion would be, without the trinket Affliction would be the best. Affliction's ability to burst and take advantage of opening pull snapshots with hero is significantly better than demo without the trinket to snapshot high hasted crit Dooms. While the 2p makes it possible to have a respectable opening burst, you certainly don't have the fury or molten core procs to spam Soulfire with Darksoul up the full 20 seconds, ToC is not benefiting from Hero.. and anything cast outside of Meta is obviously not getting its dmg modifier which you would want to be in with all buffs up like they are. While spamming dooms around without the 100% crit snapshot will summon a respectable army of imps, the ramp up time will be much longer for the short duration of the fight and I would be surprised if you could out pace Affliction in effective boss dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I know exactly what thread you are talking about and to be honest I am unsure why you are asking the question you are asking. The post by Gahhda clearly explained the demo lock required the trinket to be a key factor in the strat and even had math one how much RDPS is required .... There was also math on how much DPS would be required if they did not have a demo lock with the trinket to abuse its mechanics.

Looking at WoL ranking since that post came out, its more apparent that the tanks vengeance dps is the biggest factor in this strat as Gahhda has been dethroned from #1 by a good bit, by none other than Paladin tanks.

My opinion would be, without the trinket Affliction would be the best. Affliction's ability to burst and take advantage of opening pull snapshots with hero is significantly better than demo without the trinket to snapshot high hasted crit Dooms. While the 2p makes it possible to have a respectable opening burst, you certainly don't have the fury or molten core procs to spam Soulfire with Darksoul up the full 20 seconds, ToC is not benefiting from Hero.. and anything cast outside of Meta is obviously not getting its dmg modifier which you would want to be in with all buffs up like they are. While spamming dooms around without the 100% crit snapshot will summon a respectable army of imps, the ramp up time will be much longer for the short duration of the fight and I would be surprised if you could out pace Affliction in effective boss dmg.
    Hi, could you please link Gahhda's post?

Thanks

Deleted
    We killed it 2 days ago and our palla tank was doing around 650k when animus fell over i managed just under 300 as lei shen/sac demo. Was affliction for a large portion of pulls and it is very possible as affi (if u dont have uvls) Only advice i can give is be patient with your tank they gonna get gibbed a lot and the dps they do is so much a factor in that fight its crazy! also dont be afraid to throw some corruptions out if u need the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Hi, could you please link Gahhda's post?
    Thanks
    Sure, NP.

This links to the MMO thread discussing it, Gahhda's post specifically, where his links his writeup on ICY-V

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21447017

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is insanely good for the "zerg" strat, with and without the Lei Shen trinket. You're going to have so many Dooms and Wild Imps rolling that you will pretty much have unlimited Demonic Fury and Molten Core procs, granting you a very high Metaform uptime. I would still go Demo over Aff, even without UVLS.

With UVLS, I couldnt drop my fury below 95%, it was filling up faster than I could spend it. Had a 6% wipe at 830k sustained DPS, where Imps were doing 435k DPS on their own...

Definitely a lot more fun than the conventional way of doing Heroic Animus.