1. #1

    Megaera heroic10 killing Venemous, anyone done it?

    Was looking at the glory achievements and noticed this would take 2 normal lockouts (we only got the venemous part done) and wondered if anyone did it while killing Venemous, i'd keep frost alive, but I can imagine looking at the NR's its impossible. Three bolts of 500k each, yes range based but at one point shit would get really painfull...

    2heal it and blow up heads before casts go off could work.

    Anyway, anyone tried or done it?

  2. #2
    it still doesn't matter in normal mod with head is still alive, on heroic we also killed green and got 2 big aoe hit (peer phase) all the time. Doesn't seem to be a true challange. Just try it.

  3. #3
    Hard, but possible if everyone awarness is great. We tried to do that on progres but basically wiped a lot on 5-6th head (i think?). But that was with like 15less ilvl. So I believe you can do it.
    Shaman since MoP, Raider since Vanilla



    eXample - Semi HC 12/14HC guild

  4. #4
    Are you asking if you can do Heroic while killing only Venomous and one other head, such as Red, for the achievement? Theoretically, yes, but the damage on the raid would be ludicrous.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Are you asking if you can do Heroic while killing only Venomous and one other head, such as Red, for the achievement? Theoretically, yes, but the damage on the raid would be ludicrous.
    Well right now you keep Venomous alive, then you would keep frost alive instead, but obviously venomous just destroys your raid, just wondered if anyone did it or tried it really.

  6. #6
    While checking some random logs I definitely saw few kills with damage from green head, so yeah - people did it. And that was well before item upgrades came into play, so it should be even more doable now. Thing is, going purely by WoL, killing even a single green resulted in crazy amounts of raid damage that simply isn't worth it in the long run.

    It's kinda like activating Large golems on Animus - the option is there, it's possible to kill it that way, but it doesn't really help you in any way and can make it more annoying to deal with.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    While checking some random logs I definitely saw few kills with damage from green head, so yeah - people did it. And that was well before item upgrades came into play, so it should be even more doable now. Thing is, going purely by WoL, killing even a single green resulted in crazy amounts of raid damage that simply isn't worth it in the long run.

    It's kinda like activating Large golems on Animus - the option is there, it's possible to kill it that way, but it doesn't really help you in any way and can make it more annoying to deal with.
    Its purely for getting a part of teh achievement done

  8. #8
    We're in the same boat, and basically decided that it'd just be easier to do it in alt raid instead. We've got a few others to knock out, like platforms on Lei Shen and JiKun egg one, but those might be harder/more annoying on HC.

    Would you do RPGRPGR one week? Then BPGBPGB the next? I mean, most 11-13/13 guild SEVERELY outgear that fight now, so it may be doable, just wondering what order would be...less bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  9. #9
    We did the meta on normal mode with alts. It's much easier than trying some of these achieves on heroic, and it allows you to keep that week of farming heroic gear on your mains smoothly.

    As far as H Meg with Acid Rain, I'm sure it's possible if you massively overgear the fight. However, it's going to turn a relatively easy fight into a pretty hard fight. The Acid Rain does crazy amounts of damage even if you only kill one, and you'll be killing at least two for the achieve.

    Also, next tier you can just do the achieves on Flex with your mains! That's even easier.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    We're in the same boat, and basically decided that it'd just be easier to do it in alt raid instead. We've got a few others to knock out, like platforms on Lei Shen and JiKun egg one, but those might be harder/more annoying on HC.

    Would you do RPGRPGR one week? Then BPGBPGB the next? I mean, most 11-13/13 guild SEVERELY outgear that fight now, so it may be doable, just wondering what order would be...less bad.
    Well we just wanted to do 1 week of normal modes, but that stupid achievement takes 2 lockouts (we got the lei shen one down).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •