Durumu 10 man, low frost DPS, can you help?

This player can perform well, so I trust what you advise will be looked at and implemented. He is traditionally a top 3 DPS player (see older logs) but the movement always hurts him really badly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9gesb24f1iuac3dk/

I'm not the mage, so I can't give you much for details on reasoning behind the rotation there.

Where does he have big problems?

During Maze phase: Stay with your Melees. You don't have to run there very much. You can cast Frostbolt sometimes. Do also use skill where you can cast 2 spells while running. Do cast Frostfirebolt while using the skill.

During Beams phase: Stay as close to the boss as possible and assign your mage to the yellow or blue beam. Running completely sucks. Maybe you want to assign your melees to the red beam. Ranges to yellow and blue to tanks. You just have to side step a little bit. But that can easily be done during instants.

During the rest: There should be no big reasons to run arround. You can use blink and instants to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopcommander View Post
    There has been a thread generated for just this type of topic.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-my-DPS-thread
    My apologies, I have submitted this information in a reply to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    This player can perform well, so I trust what you advise will be looked at and implemented. He is traditionally a top 3 DPS player (see older logs) but the movement always hurts him really badly.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9gesb24f1iuac3dk/

I'm not the mage, so I can't give you much for details on reasoning behind the rotation there.

Using frost bomb is a mistake, should be using Lb or NT. Invocation up time is very bad, on ur 2 longest fights its at 58% and 29%, should try be at least 90%+, i noticed he/she has blazing speed as as tier 1 talent, using icy floes will help during maze phase casting Fb on the move, also if they notice frozen orb is up just before the maze, save it for the start of the maze for ice lance procs, helps dps on the move

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/81d19...=11664&e=12053

thats my log for durumu kill, have he/she take a look maybe it will help them out
    Last edited by Quilm; 2013-06-18 at 10:57 PM.

For starters he should be using Nether Tempest, with the high movement the more Frostfire Bolts he gets the better his dps will be.

He also seems to have horrible up time on Invoker's Energy, with this bad and uptime he'd be better off using Incanter's and using it when he knows his going to be hit by damage, such as targeted by lingering gaze, standing in beams, and running during eye sore phase.

Also making the locations of the red and blue adds when they flash before the beams come out will greatly increase the speed of killing those adds, increasing dps up time on the boss. Make everyone macro the blue raid marker and all use that to mark blue, we normal have the raid leader mark whatever he can see with the other raid markers, then the rest of the raid uses white smoke flares for the first round and green smoke flares for the second round.

Also keeping people atleast 10 yards to the sides of the person being life drained then getting them out out that cone asap reduced the chance they'll get knocked off the platform.

p.s. another tip during the 2nd red add reveal he should be using his second frost orb on the boss to get ice lance procs to hammer down the adds, along with refreshing NT while running

I wouldn't use frost bomb for this fight, but if he likes it and doesn't want to change he should definitely be getting more than one off every 25 seconds which is what he is doing. He's also only averaging a frostbolt once every 10 seconds. I know it 's movement heavy, but he needs more frostbolts than that. He also only had 10 ice lances that weren't crits. I'm assuming he's using those during the maze, but there is no reason he shouldn't be hitting that every global while running in the maze. It should be way more than 10 non-crits. (For the record I was looking at the longest attempt numbers)

Deleted
    Never stop casting, think ahead, move ahead. On alot of movement-heavy fights you have to get comfortable with the mechanics. When you are comfy you can start working on your DPS-flow as a mage.

Just give him/her some time, it'll come.

Things to notice: stay close to Durumu in the maze-phase. You can keep casting (=DPS) and even evocate if you need to when taking that route. I tried the outer route and you can only run like Forrest Gump (= no DPS).

Also on the beam-phase I stay close to the middle so when I need to move I only need to move a few steps to travel with the beam and can keep up DPS.

Talents: I use blazing speed instead of Ice floes, You don't need to cast while moving since there's enough time to get casts off and the extra speed-boost gets you where you want to be faster (=more DPS).
    Greater Invis : 90% dmg reduction helps alot in the maze. You can keep casting while in the purple fog and take small amounts of dmg.
    Frost Bomb: just a personal flavor. For some reason I get better DPS with it, even on single target fights. I always use it on cd.

I'm your average 10-man Frostmage. Pulling 130-140K on Durumu.

Deleted
    Here is my (Bang average for the gear I had at the time) dps log for Durumu from 3rd June (25 man btw but that shouldn't affect anything really)

ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ct67ud3samq5y1di/details/13/?s=2462&e=2833

ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/9gesb24f1iuac3dk/details/9/?s=8036&e=8544

First thing, note frostbolt uptime - Mine is 93.9%, Kylie's is 46.3%
    Living bomb uptime: 83.5% vs 20 frost bombs for Kylie. 20 frostbombs I would guess corresponds to ~ 20-30?% uptime, at any rate Living Bomb is probably the best talent for this fight as it is 90% single target - also the movement hurts frostbomb alot.
    Invoker's energy: Mine is 89%, Kylie's is ~ 30%. This should be aimed to be 90%+ really - I have a weakaura and sound cue that helps to remind me when to recast.

Since frostbomb uptime is low correspondingly Frostfire bolt is low too.

Frozen orb use is better than mine, and not any issues with icelance either - just be careful not to cast when its not procced.

In summary,

Switch to Living Bomb here, keep it up. Get a weak Aura for Invocation (I can post my string here later). Cast frostbolt first, think which spell would be best next whilst it is casting. If you can't come up with anything better - cast frostbolt again and again ! Spend procs asap.

Pyropanda, can you post the weak aura you use to track invokers energy?

I can post a weak aura for sound on Invokers dropping when I get home. I also have one for LB/NT.

Now just to remember to do so

spec fire, problem solved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiandrad View Post
    spec fire, problem solved
    Yeah speccing fire with 30%+ crit would easily solve the problem.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Yeah speccing fire with 30%+ crit would easily solve the problem.

Oh wait.
    Fire's rotation is much more intuitive therefore easier for "casuals". Fire has better movement. Fire has generally better dps (even on lower crit % - people easily run challenge modes with fire and top charts). So yeah, it might.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Fire's rotation is much more intuitive therefore easier for "casuals". Fire has better movement. Fire has generally better dps (even on lower crit % - people easily run challenge modes with fire and top charts). So yeah, it might.
    Nope, fire isnt ahead before you have a confortable amount of crit.
    Frost is ahead (and by a lot) before that, and can still pull its weight at higher gear level.

And frankly, if you stay in the closest maze, you loose almost no dps in this phase. People underestimate frost because not a lot of people played it seriously and did gave it a chance, I tested both and a lot of people would be surprised of how good frost can be .

I also believe frost is easier to play to a "decent" level than fire, especially at lower gear since the RNG kills fire when you have low crit rating.