213 25.60%
  • 4. Cata

49 5.89%
  • 5. MoP

24 2.88%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    best one is Wrath then Cata, worst is MoPe
    and this is stupid how ppl choose TBC coz of `nostalgia`, it even kinda copy of Vanila screen, so dull
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-06-19 at 12:44 PM.

TBC by a country mile. Best expansion, best login screen.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

I started to play in Cata, so in a way t extes me the most because WoW was new and big to me then. I loved the sense of progress I had just leveling my characters up and getting purples for them in HoTs.

But I must say I would have liked to play back in wrath, especially after having done the loremasters of northrend. Would have loved to play when Ulduar was current. I tried a prvate server for wrath andthe login screen is really nice with the frostiness and the dragon( sindragosa?) coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    TBC by a country mile. Best expansion, best login screen.
    login screen =/= whole expansion
    and this topic about log screens not what best expansion

Definitely #2

Herald of the Titans
    The funny thing is that both Vanilla and BCs screens are the exact same location. . .

Mostly for nostalgic reasons I picked the original. I never planned on playing wow, even though I was a big Warcraft player from Orcs & Humans through WC3. I was a an RTS guy and did not really like the idea of an MMO. I figured it was gonna be a fancy Diablo with a Warcraft stories.

Then I got an invite into the original Beta and within minutes I was hooked. Still playing today, though I have taken some extended breaks. No other game has given me the amount of fun this game has.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

WotLK, then BC.
    Can't stand Cata and MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The funny thing is that both Vanilla and BCs screens are the exact same location. . .
    No they aren't?

they are the same location, showing how azeroth looked like in the eyes of the orcs from draeneor, a green, recourceful world ripe for the conquer (well at least that's what they thought it looked like). only difference is the dark portal model

Man I miss me some good ol Vanilla login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr View Post
    they are the same location, showing how azeroth looked like in the eyes of the orcs from draeneor, a green, recourceful world ripe for the conquer (well at least that's what they thought it looked like). only difference is the dark portal model
    I get what you are saying,

The Vanilla one was the portal from Azeroth looking in at Azeroth,

The TBC was the dark portal on the great stair case looking in at Azeroth. The main similarity being they are both portals (with vastly different models) that look at Azeroth. but their locations are different (ok both areas have red dirt!)

My favorite log in screen is TBC but I really like the one for Cata too. I just really like seeing that huge dragon crushing SW.
    Cthulhu 2016, why vote for a lesser evil

Vanilla.

TBC's is nice, but it messes with my OCD -- "Why is one side of the Dark Portal styled like X, and the other Y? Why is one side large, and the other is gigantically bigger?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Vanilla.

TBC's is nice, but it messes with my OCD -- "Why is one side of the Dark Portal styled like X, and the other Y? Why is one side large, and the other is gigantically bigger?!"
    Because Orcs made it! They have no idea how to build level buildings :P

Excite me? I would choose Cataclysm login screen regardless of how much I hated Cata.

Vanilla for nostalgia purposes, of course. My first time logging into WoW will never be forgotten.

Cataclysm; no matter what anyone says Cataclysm brought me some of my best fun in WoW.

The original World of Warcraft's log in screen for sure. I remember I used to just sit there and listen to the awesome music. The aesthetics were pretty awesome too. Burning Crusade log in screen comes in second, the music was pretty badass there too. Wrath is third, music was alright I guess but the constant ROOOOOOOOOARRRR from that damn dragon would drive me crazy. Mists log in is fourth, don't really care for it but Cata's log in screen made me sick so it wins by default.

The Lightbringer Shadow the Edgehog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Vanilla.

Orcs made the one in Outlands. It was only Medivh/Sargeras doing the Azeroth side one, so that's why it's far more simplistic than the Outlands one.
    This is WHO I AM.
    My Anime List -- Fate/Creed (Updated 3/31)
    Follow me on Twitter @ShaofPride!

"But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo
    WoW: Prot/Fury Warrior
    Diablo 3: Crusader