Poll: Which will it be?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The funny thing is that both Vanilla and BCs screens are the exact same location. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly for nostalgic reasons I picked the original. I never planned on playing wow, even though I was a big Warcraft player from Orcs & Humans through WC3. I was a an RTS guy and did not really like the idea of an MMO. I figured it was gonna be a fancy Diablo with a Warcraft stories.

Then I got an invite into the original Beta and within minutes I was hooked. Still playing today, though I have taken some extended breaks. No other game has given me the amount of fun this game has.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

WotLK, then BC.
    Can't stand Cata and MoP...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The funny thing is that both Vanilla and BCs screens are the exact same location. . .
    No they aren't?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

they are the same location, showing how azeroth looked like in the eyes of the orcs from draeneor, a green, recourceful world ripe for the conquer (well at least that's what they thought it looked like). only difference is the dark portal model

Man I miss me some good ol Vanilla login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr View Post
    they are the same location, showing how azeroth looked like in the eyes of the orcs from draeneor, a green, recourceful world ripe for the conquer (well at least that's what they thought it looked like). only difference is the dark portal model
    I get what you are saying,

The Vanilla one was the portal from Azeroth looking in at Azeroth,

The TBC was the dark portal on the great stair case looking in at Azeroth. The main similarity being they are both portals (with vastly different models) that look at Azeroth. but their locations are different (ok both areas have red dirt!)

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite log in screen is TBC but I really like the one for Cata too. I just really like seeing that huge dragon crushing SW.
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

Vanilla.

TBC's is nice, but it messes with my OCD -- "Why is one side of the Dark Portal styled like X, and the other Y? Why is one side large, and the other is gigantically bigger?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Vanilla.

TBC's is nice, but it messes with my OCD -- "Why is one side of the Dark Portal styled like X, and the other Y? Why is one side large, and the other is gigantically bigger?!"
    Because Orcs made it! They have no idea how to build level buildings :P

Deleted
    Excite me? I would choose Cataclysm login screen regardless of how much I hated Cata.

Vanilla for nostalgia purposes, of course. My first time logging into WoW will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm; no matter what anyone says Cataclysm brought me some of my best fun in WoW.

The original World of Warcraft's log in screen for sure. I remember I used to just sit there and listen to the awesome music. The aesthetics were pretty awesome too. Burning Crusade log in screen comes in second, the music was pretty badass there too. Wrath is third, music was alright I guess but the constant ROOOOOOOOOARRRR from that damn dragon would drive me crazy. Mists log in is fourth, don't really care for it but Cata's log in screen made me sick so it wins by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Vanilla.

Orcs made the one in Outlands. It was only Medivh/Sargeras doing the Azeroth side one, so that's why it's far more simplistic than the Outlands one.

TBC > Vanilla > WOTLK > Cata > MoP

It's not that I'm some fanboy, but TBC and vanilla had a mysterious sense to it. It seemed truly like a fantasy. WotLK (despite it being my most despised expansion) kind of carried it on, but Cata seemed boring. It was gloomy, dark, etc, but MoP is way too up-beat to make it seem.. evil, or mysterious. it's just some statue in a sunny day. oooou, mysterious @_@

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to say TBC, it is when I picked up the game, and even though I prefer the music for the WotLK log-in screen, TBC just floods me with nostalgia!

Well, so does WotLK now, but TBC was when I was a baby, obviously!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'll have to go with WotLK, trough I can see why people choose vanilla and TBC. I actually liked to race against Sindragosa, every time I try to log in.

''Okay Sindragosa, you have bested me yesterday, now its my turn''

Sindragosa: BRING IT ON!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla / Wotlk!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Let's raise the nostalgia level in this place a notch..