Poll: Which will it be?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish it were possible to change your login screen to a previous expansion :\ I miss the days whenever I got home from school and that BC login screen music had me all excited and amped up to play after an annoying day of school.

Mostly based of nostalga more than anything but for the looks TBC. Started playing early TBC and soon as I got to outland and experienced the awe from looking at HFP sky-dome I was just...wow. Next best sky-dome that comes to mind is EoE.

As for music its a tough one I am inclined to run with Wrath just as I must admit I paid more attention to WoW music during this time, though I hold TBC and Vanilla is pretty much the same high regard.

Deleted
    Even though my favorite expansion was WotLK, the TBC's Login screen was by far my favorite!

I want those Dark Portals back goddamn! Hope they bring them back with The Burning Legion expansion!

None of them. It's a login screen FFS. None of them even really portray the expansion they represent as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisZero View Post
    Mostly based of nostalga more than anything but for the looks TBC. Started playing early TBC and soon as I got to outland and experienced the awe from looking at HFP sky-dome I was just...wow. Next best sky-dome that comes to mind is EoE.

As for music its a tough one I am inclined to run with Wrath just as I must admit I paid more attention to WoW music during this time, though I hold TBC and Vanilla is pretty much the same high regard.
    WotLK was when WoW music really started to get good. When I first heard Howling Fjords music during Beta it blew my mind how much it helped with the immersion.
    Saddly they haven't recaptured this feeling, though Pandaria's Asian music is nice....just not as immersive as WotLK's was. WotLK's felt more...wild...like good exploration music.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Cata would've been my favorite if they had stuck with the original one, instead of Deathwing.

It was supposed to be this, until they changed it at almost the last minute.

Deleted
    Only played as of WotLK, but I greatly prefer Vanilla & BC (BC is my fav)

Started playing in WotLK, but my favorite login screen is definitely TBC.

Vanilla or TBC. I like the MoP one, but there's just something about the Dark Portal that screams "Warcraft."

Deleted
    Vanilla stupid and good!

Vanilla for me. Just because I started back then I suppose. I even have the soundtrack on my Iphone together with Elwynn Forest and the Night Elf theme music.

I can't believe people are picking WotlK though. I remember the rage THAT THE DAMN DRAGON IS SOOO LOUD. Didn't bother me as much but there were loads of complaints about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    For me, it's a tight race between Vanilla and TBC. All 5 of them have their own qualities, but there's something about the first two that screams out 'adventure' to me!
    That's pretty obvious when the portal symbolizes you venturing into a new world to explore.

Man, gonna have to go with vanilla. Those first few months when I had no clue about anything and everything was sparkling new... And the game was much much less of a comedy circus that it is now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with either MoP or Wrath. MoP has a beautiful login screen, but the animations and the nostalgia behind WotLK gives an AWESOAEM feel to it, imho.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Anyone who says Wrath of the Lich King either has a short memory, a selective memory, or didn't play. It was cool the first...like, two times, but then I learned to get my info in there as quickly as possible before Sindragosa got close because I couldn't stand that roar...I mean, jesus, every time! That's why they went with the minimalist login screen in MoP, because it doesn't grate on you after the first couple of times. Quite frankly, I wish they'd pick a random point in the opening orchestral theme rather than starting from the beginning every single time you log in, because I started to hate those too.

Wrath for me. May well be a bit skewed, because I started playing in January 2009 but when I first started playing I saw the vast snowy landscape, the imposing architecture, and the big loud dragon and felt determined that some day I'd to go there (and kill the dragon!). It seemed so distant and alien compared to the gentle landscapes of Elwynn or Dun Morogh. The same thing went for the death knight class. Even its icon in the character creation screen seemed cooler, more special, because of the exclusivity as much as anything else. Even the name, I was leveling a paladin, had messed around with a warlock, but this was a DEATH KNIGHT. It just seemed so cool. When I finally crawled my way over the last hill before level 55 I immediately ditched my paladin to make a death knight and he's been my main since. Everything about Northrend and Death Knights and level 80s seemed so wondrous and far from my reach that it kept me motivated to keep levelling for months before I finally hit 80.

Deleted
    Vanilla and TBC are about the same, but I voted TBC since that's when I got to expirience the most out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    None of them. It's a login screen FFS. None of them even really portray the expansion they represent as a whole.
    Vanilla, TBC and maybe even MoP represent entering a new WORLD of warcraft. Hence the gian gates/portal.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-06-19 at 12:30 AM.

I thought we were voting on the login screen, not which game you enjoyed the most. Anyway even if you liked MoP, I can't see how it got a single vote. Even if you like the login screen, it may be nice but exciting? Really? Every single other login screen is miles ahead of the MoP login. WoW and BC are fairly close for me, but I prefer the colors of the WoW login.

Deleted
    Cataclysm Alpha/Beta with the Twilight Portal.