Poll: Which will it be?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hard to say between Vanilla, BC and WotLK. Actually quite impossible, no clear winner there.

I think someone should start a petition to ask blizzard to get an option to select your login screen. Keep it set to default unless you choose a login screen. It would not require any work really just some coding to select the login skin and thats about it.

For me
    Vanilla,
    TBC,
    MOP,
    Wrath,
    Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    It is either BC or Vanilla. I didn't play Vanilla, so I'd vote BC simply for nostalgia to be the tiebreaker.

Both Vanilla and BC were very Wagneresque in what they seem to be written to bring forth in the listener. They would get you feeling full of power wanting to take on the whole world, ready to obtain victory or die well trying. I couldn't get the other login themes to have nearly such an effect on me as I was with BC and vanilla.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Were I completely new to WoW, I'd say the Cataclysm login screen would quip my interest the most. There's a lot of mystery, destruction and of course a huge dragon right in your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man was just thinking about these recently...And yeah i want a choose your login screen function sooooo much...And maybe a new wow dektop theme thing..Anyone else remember the old one that even changed the start buttpn?

Vanilla or TBC, logging into portals seemed right :P

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK for me. It seemed the most "epic" and I loved the blue colour scheme. Also the race to type everything before the dragon deafened your ears by roaring.

*flap* *flapflap *land*

RARRRARARARWWRWRWRRRRRRRRR

@OP

What's with the first screenshot? "Version 3.1.2 (9901) Release. May 12 2009." Which version of Vanilla is that?

Deleted
    WotLK ftw.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic probably. Been too long without that login screen music!
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyptheria View Post
    @OP

What's with the first screenshot? "Version 3.1.2 (9901) Release. May 12 2009." Which version of Vanilla is that?
    I don't have my own screens available, so I just took a bunch from Google and changed the ratio into the same before I put them up on imgshack. :P So dunno!

tbc and wrath
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

login screen? Neither.. first two were boring.. Wrath one had this.. annoying dragon.. Cata - well at least this time it didn't roar.
    As for music - prolly Wrath because when you listened to the music it was a story of all warcraft games starting with w1 and ending at lich king.. Awesome piece of music. MoP one comes second for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    I think TBC beats them all, simplicity above all, altho they tryed to do the same with MoP its not as great as the TBC one

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, don't see what people see in it. You notice it for a few seconds. Could just be a black background for all I care. Hopefully with the battlenet launch thing you can go right into the character screen strait away.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK for me. As I listened to it again though I just imagined "You have been disconnected from the server." across my screen. Hah oh my...

Deleted
    I just realised the landscape behind the Dark Portal in the vanilla login screen is a concept art piece for the Hinterlands. So there you have it, my theory was correct, and the vanilla portal was only meant to represent adventure. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath had the most epic login screen ever. When Sindragosa comes flying down and drenches your dialog boxes in rime, you know you're designing some pure awesome.

The original for me was awesome, i liked how the inside of the portal looked, and way back then entering the game felt so awesome knowing real danger was in store for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    By far Vanilla, closely-closely followed by BC.

Not that nostalgia has anything to do with it ( Music is nostalgiac though.), ..the themes are simply epic, they're adventurous! And honestly, I loved the portal, it lures you in.
    Howay the lads!