Poll: Which will it be?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Vanilla, MOP, then it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The Cataclysm login screen is incredible. Deathwing's model is just, wow.

Definitely my favourite. MoP's probably comes afterward, then WotLK, then TBC, and finally WoW. They're just, y'know... portals. Kinda dull.

EDIT: Oh, music as well? Eh... Probably going in chronological order, backwards. So MoP's is best, then Cata, then WotLK, then TBC, and finally Vanilla.

Blizzard just keep getting better with every expansion.
    What the hell is so great about pandaria, they're not just statues?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic log in screen, the sudden sounding of drums and the beat they had and the portal arch way made it seem like I was about to jump into some serious shit lol.

Would kill for an option on screen to use the old log in skins.
    Last edited by Lethey Alexandros; 2013-06-19 at 05:11 PM.

Would vote Wrath if it wasn't for the damn Frost Wyrm. Therefore, Vanilla WoW for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, at least until the dragon comes up
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

screaming dragons of wrath! that shit would wake you from a coma.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything but Wrath with that loud ass dragon. Starting WoW felt like a race to enter my password and press enter before that bastard did it's RAAAAAAAAAAAAWGHGHGHGHGHHGRLGHRGHGHGHG thing.

Toss up between classic and TBC for me. The mystery of what lies beyond the portal + the background music make them my favorites. To pick one...I will go with classic/vanilla.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla one so long and so hard.

As frustrating as it was on launch day that's pretty much all I heard for hours. Severs crashing and massive queues lol. Logged on for weeks only to sit in a 15-20 minute queue, so yes the Vanilla one brings back the fondest of memories for me. Patch days causing instability and sometimes days without playing, but still.. sitting there.. waiting to login.

Deleted
    Vanilla, who didn't play back then won't undestand. The game was about adventure and RPG part of MMORPG back then and that login screen combined with awesome music was inviting you to epic journey.

I love the original because it does such a great job representing everything that vanilla stood for.

TBC for me, with Vanilla right behind it! Those themes playing in the background was sooooo awesome!
    I liked WOTLK as well, yet the dragon screaming was somewhat annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK

Even though I played since late Vanilla, I only did casual 10 man raiding until WotLK...when I started doing 25 man HMs. It was the most active time for the server I was on for years, I had many friends and was doing lots of raiding and was happy.

I think they should let us choose what login screen we want to look at when we log in, vanilla simply looks amazing, the MoP one isn't terrible, THB is awesome as well, cata wasn't terrible but wotlk doesn't really look nice... sure it had part of ICC in it but it should have had the lich king, which is the main boss in the expansion, not a frost dragon... if I wanted to see a frost dragon, id go to dragonblight not the login screen

Deleted
    Going by looks only, Mists. Nothing beats the 2 Mogu.

TBC easily!

WotLK was not my favourite expansion, but it did have my favourite login screen.

It loses its a fair bit of its impact by not being animated tho - here's the animated version for anyone who hadn't seen it. It's missing the roar sound effect tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=297zBkDmcww

My cat definitely mourns its loss. She could sit there watching/attacking the dragon for hours.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like this would have been a much better looking loading screen for MoP

Deleted
    Really? Wrath?

That dragon roar you simply cannot avoid AT ALL. Never again, it was super frustrating after month..not to mention every time wintergrasp was on (pre-cap) that crashed the server.

All i remember from wrath log-in was

TUM TUM TUM.... gasp.... ROAAAAAAAAAAAAR dii dii diii.. (wow theme starts playing)..
    (typing password)....(authentication code if you had one)...(loading..)............(logging in)...(spam enter to select first/2nd/3rd char)

2 years.

Vanilla and TBC login screens are without a doubt the best so far.