Poll: Which will it be?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which of these login screens excite you the most? (A look back!)

Which of the following login screens / soundtracks gets you the most giddy / excited / dreamy / happy / etc.?
    For me, it's a tight race between Vanilla and TBC. All 5 of them have their own qualities, but there's something about the first two that screams out 'adventure' to me!

1. World of Warcraft
    (Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjls2JR8qFs)

2. The Burning Crusade
    (Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfjmHbeK-R4)

3. Wrath of the Lich King
    (Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqXVFfvzYlA)

4. Cataclysm
    (Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-rbxLYLpWA)

5. Mists of Pandaria
    (Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwQsk982c0)

Wrath for me, mainly cos thats when i started playing WoW. for me it was the most fun raiding in naxx, ulduar, toc, and icecrown was awsome. Had some great times and awsome memories with my previous guilds and made lots of friends. Cata was when i got into raiding properly and got some decent feats / progression under my belt but didn't enjoy the expansion as much as wotlk.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC looks the best, but the Vanilla one is close behind and the Vanilla soundtrack is too awesome to describe. The Vanilla soundtrack sounds like a proper Warcraft theme, fits so well, it's insane.
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-06-18 at 08:30 PM.

Wrath for me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    wTB option to choose login screen. pandaria screen sucks balls !!!!!!... TBC or WOLTK for me

I joined in late TBC, and while I really liked the Wrath login screen, I really do miss the Dark Portal. It was simple, it was effective, it didn't have any screechy dragons roaring every fifteen sconds. Good times.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    wTB option to choose login screen. pandaria screen sucks balls !!!!!!... TBC or WOLTK for me
    I think they chose the wrong scene for the last three expansions.

WotLK should've had the ship arriving in the Howling Fjord, Cata should've had the Maelstrom, and MoP has an all right one with the 'passageway' symbolism between the two stone giants, but that zone just has such boring colours. If VoEB was more colourful, like the Pandaren hyped it up to be, it would've been a stunning login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC, solely for the nostalgia.

Wrath's was really nice in hindsight though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burning Crusade. Started back then, great times

I have to give it to the original, followed first by TBC and then probably MoP. The WotLK login screen is the worst in my eyes. It looked graphically aged even when it was new.

As someone pointed out, the MoP login screen could've probably been improved by a different angle. I still don't think it would've surpassed the TBC one.

Deleted
    TBC or vanilla. Probably TBC as it gives a slightly more nostalgic feel.

I made an account here just to vote for how vanilla WoW's login screen. I miss it so much.

MoP login is my least favorite, to be honest.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have always Liked the First two for the fact that the text boxes were almost framed by the artwork. MoP is kind of like that, but nto quite.
    I also Liked Wrath and Cata for their animated art.
    Racing Sindy was always necessary, I grew to HATE that Shriek.
    Always felt Deathwing needed a voice in there......
    MoP's is beautiful artwork, but the angle kills the framing and the lack of animation is blah.....
    I hope the next Xpac gets some thorough Login Love.

Deleted
    The original.

I was just a schoolboy then, and a big fan of WarCraft series and then some day my parents bought me WoW and secretly installed on our PC (didn't have my own rig back then) and then I was like "OH CRAP, IT CAN'T BE, IT IS WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND ITS SO DAMN EPIC!"
    It even had "World", "Warcraft" and "war" in it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I have to give it to the original, followed by first TBC and then MoP. The WotLK login screen is the worst in my eyes.
    Agreed, but I would swap MoP's with Cata's. Really not a fan of either MoP or WoTLK's.

10+ Year Old Account
    BC

oh the times

10+ Year Old Account
    wrath...maybe a little of cata too >.<

Deleted
    The original, tbc close behind rest of them been always lacking something

i think the nostalgia is major factor here, atleast for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tender View Post
    I have always Liked the First two for the fact that the text boxes were almost framed by the artwork. MoP is kind of like that, but nto quite.
    I also Liked Wrath and Cata for their animated art.
    Racing Sindy was always necessary, I grew to HATE that Shriek.
    Always felt Deathwing needed a voice in there......
    MoP's is beautiful artwork, but the angle kills the framing and the lack of animation is blah.....
    I hope the next Xpac gets some thorough Login Love.

If there'll even be one? With the new Battle.net desktop client, we lose the normal WoW login screen me thinks...

Deleted
    Wrath of the Lich king all day. Was where my real wow days started so it may be due to nostalgia but I loved the theme of wolk overall.
    The TBC one is a close second.

Cataclysm and MoP are well... Kinda OK but they are just boring. The scrapped login screen with BoT entrance for Cata was alot cooler.