Deleted

Random FPS Drops

So since the weekend a guildie of mine started having major FPS spikes/drops out of no where. Today, I got it as well and then this evening 2 or 3 more people got it. Maybe about every 10 seconds or so, my FPS will go from almost 200 to 45 in a split second.

Was just wondering, if anyone else have the same issue. Seeing that I doubt all of us just starts getting FPS issues more or less at the same time and none of us normally have that happen.

Haven't seen any Blue Posts about it, but kinda thinking it's something with the game and not our computers.

I've been experiencing the same issue. I don't run many add ons and the memory usage is never high so I'm truly at a loss for what's causing it. I run Nvidia btw

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same problem. FPS going down to abysmal rates for the specs I have. My specs are

-GTX 680
    -i5 3570k
    -16g ram
    -Sabertooth Z77

This computer is about 3 months old. This is getting old. And on top of that, multisampling in wow is atrocious. In the distance, I always see little white dots on mountains and such.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

I've noticed that some "explosion" type effects such as Frost Nova/Shadowfury type things will cause a momentary drop in FPS. Also certain blue particle effects will slow everything down while they're active.

Deleted
    I know that at least one of my guildies and myself are using Nvidia as well but I honestly doubt that would be the reason. One guildie said, that she seems to notice it a lot more, when Smoke Bomb is being used (She's a Rogue) and there was another ability as well.

Another of my guildies would drop to 1 FPS after dying and being unable to do anything for maybe a minute or so.

When did you people start having issues?

Edit: I opened a ticket and hopefully we'll get some sort of clarification and better yet a solution.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2013-06-19 at 09:08 AM.

Deleted
    It's possible that a new driver, implemented effect or outdated addon is causing an issue.

Additionally I'd recommend running with vsync enabled (with triple buffering and, if it feels smoother "reduce input lag") to reduce frame rate spikes.

Deleted
    I am actually doing that, changed the settings, when the spikes started. The thing is, that the only thing I updated yesterday was the alpha version of DBM. No other updates from add-ons or Windows at all.

Hi all, if you're running addons - the first thing to try would be to back your addons folder up (rename it/save to desktop) - then go through the reset UI steps. If the framerate continues to be an issue, and none of the steps on this page improve the issue, then I would suggest collecting the system diagnostics and attach those to a ticket for us to review. Hope that helps!