Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Uh, no, false.

Peter Jackson and all of the other writers/producers/etc. read the books, and they knew that the Banner of Elendil was what Aragon received in RoK: however, they switched it up for the simple reason that they felt the scene would be more meaningful to general audiences if they went with an item that had been introduced in the first movie and yet was still pertinent to the role of the King returning; i.e. Narsil. Another thing that might have pissed you off was the way they introduced Arwen. But guess what? The way they did it was a far stronger introduction to the character and it saved them the hassle of having to introduce a character that in terms of the general plot of the books was relatively peripheral (Glorfindel).

As I said, purists will complain, but you have to understand that Lord of the Rings verbatim is unfilmable. It was not conceived of nor written as a standalone piece, and there are many references in the book that people unfamiliar with the general corpus of Tolkien's works or even the appendices would be unfamiliar with.

Getting back to the point of the Warcraft movie; again, the fact that Warcraft has lore but not a linear storyline can be both boon and bane. They have to make the storyline sufficiently compelling while at the same time making the universe accessible to the audience. I personally would bet on the side of them not pulling it off.
    Are you sure that's accurate? Like, do you have some kind of source for that statement? I've never been able to find anything that confirms the whole Anduril/Banner mix up as anything but a mistake.

Also, the whole thing with Arwen doesn't annoy me at all. While I would love to see characters like Tom Bombadil and events like the Battle of Bywater I understand why those weren't put in. As I said, this single point is my main gripe with the movies, but that doesn't mean I don't love them. Oh, and I think Jackson's version of The Hobbit is superior to Tolkien's. I love Tolkien's work, and I'd read The Hobbit and LOTRs before the movies were even announced. The choice to have Azog be a main villain, instead of some random dude that gets pwned by Dain was brilliant imo. It made the entire first act much stronger and will allow us to have a proper villain other than a dragon that's around for just a short time until a guard kills him with a single arrow.

I'm not a purist, and I resent being labeled as such.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

I hope they take their time and do it well, it has huge potential, but it could easily be screwed up.

If the team that's been writing Warcraft lore is one writing the script, the movie's already dead. Metzen and co. had a one hit wonder with Warcraft III but ever since then the stories from Blizzard have been flat out bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Going on past movies based off video games and most did not end well imo.
    They even acknowledged this and that's why they're taking so long. They want to make sure it's the movie the fans deserve, not some generic dudebro action flick with a stubble-jawed hero and a wispy-thin love interest who does nothing of value but get kidnapped.

Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

well what bothers me is that the wow stories in game havent been particularly amazing lately, much less a movie one.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    http://www.imdb.com/list/xyJlv5jVpXM/

This movie will not end well.
    Haven't watched the rest but Prince of Persia was one hell of a movie!