Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    WoW arena never going back to becomign a E sports game due..

    We all know WoW arena is all based on playing FotM class there for the only reason Pvp is so broken and there for WoW arena tournaments are considered to be not skill based for E sports.

    Blizzard should focus on stopping buffing one class for most people rolling to that and balance pvp out.

    And if you don't agree you play a frost mage trololol

  2. #2
    WoW PvP is trying to balance an ever increasing number of options, so it simply will not happen.
    Players will go out of their way to gain an advantage, often coming up with things that blizzard cannot realistically test for or predict in an environment with limited numbers of people to throw at it.
    Balancing is a constant battle, and one that will on occasion make something way too good or absolutely awful.

    If you can offer decent feedback then I am sure they would appreciate it.
    But given the nature of your post, then it seems you are incapable of, and have no such intention.

  3. #3
    LOL did u see the diversity of teams in BC/wotlk? its alot better now.

  4. #4
    Even if it was balanced it would not be a successful e-sport because it is too advanced. Too many things happening at once, that's why LoL has so many viewers. It is simply really easy to follow.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    924
    WoW is mainly focused around pve and having pvp as a niche.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    LOL did u see the diversity of teams in BC/wotlk? its alot better now.
    Except now every class is the same and without any special niche, that's why fotm became so much dumber. I don't even care what I face in arena, it's either hunt/melee/disc or whatever spellcleave that blanket silences the healer and globals you during it.

    mch? get the fuck out
    melee cleave? trololo maybe at 1900

  7. #7
    WoW is never going to become a big eSport again due to competition now. SC2, DotA, LoL, HoN, CoD (sort of?) and as assortment of other FPS games, there's just more competition for viewers now. That and the fact that less people are interested in WoW now. I used to watch tournaments a lot back in BC, but I haven't watched WoW arenas in years, and probably never will again. It will never be as fun as it was when it was fresh in BC, simple as that.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Even if it was balanced it would not be a successful e-sport because it is too advanced. Too many things happening at once, that's why LoL has so many viewers. It is simply really easy to follow.
    Pretty much this. It has nothing to do with how skilled the game is, WoW is just a terrible esport. To have a clue what's happening spectators need almost as much knowledge about the game as the players. I think RBGs have the potential for being far more understandable, but they're pretty boring overall so it probably wouldn't even matter.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Except now every class is the same and without any special niche, that's why fotm became so much dumber. I don't even care what I face in arena, it's either hunt/melee/disc or whatever spellcleave that blanket silences the healer and globals you during it.

    mch? get the fuck out
    melee cleave? trololo maybe at 1900

    Balance is still better than what it was.

  10. #10
    The Patient Ogawdspider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Right behind you!
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by zuluslayer View Post
    WoW is mainly focused around pve and having pvp as a niche.
    I disagree with this a lot. There are constant changes revolving around pvp.. PVP is also the only thing about wow that they can turn into an E sport.. They wold have little to no luck trying to turn raiding into a professional competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

  11. #11
    Wow probably isnt an E sport because its not fun to watch. Unless your a high level player, trying to watch glad level players will leave you more confused and bored then you've ever been.

    And balance is alot better than it was. Yea fotm exists but EVERY classes has a r1 viable comp right now (wasnt back then) expect warriors, poor poor warriors

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipley View Post
    Balance is still better than what it was.
    Yeah I guess it's easier to balance when you only have 4 classes... makes for a shit game though.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    We all know WoW arena is all based on playing FotM class there for the only reason Pvp is so broken and there for WoW arena tournaments are considered to be not skill based for E sports.

    Blizzard should focus on stopping buffing one class for most people rolling to that and balance pvp out.

    And if you don't agree you play a frost mage trololol
    It's really easy to sit back and criticise, but balancing a game with so many specs, talents, class combos etc must be extremely difficult

  14. #14
    It's pretty horrible to watch these days. Stampede, pets and certain spell animations don't really make for a good e-sport cast. Watch some of the streamers on twitch. Most of the time you'll be staring at health bars. God forbid someone who doesn't know much about the game watching it...

    Another reason is there isn't really a lot of ways a top tier player can show boat skills any more unless you're familiar with the class they're playing. Nothing screams out ridiculous plays eg. 'oh my god Reckful just vanished that death coil!'. Arena revolves around burst CD's and defensive CD's. It's not exactly the most thrilling PvP anymore. It's not so much about player skill, but more so who can pop all CD's while having procs and buffs up.

    Finally, WoW PvP just isn't that popular. Arena is further more unpopular. The arena community is mostly dead with scores of top PvPers leaving the game in WOTLK and Cata.

  15. #15
    WoW PvP isn't going to be an ESport again because its horrendously non-profitable compared to sooooo many other titles out there now as well as having a way way higher learning curve for new viewers than most anything else out there. Someone new to serious 3v3 WoW has absolutely no idea what's going on when watching a tournament match and historically casters have done a horrible job making it any easier for them.

    WoW PvP not being an e-sport anymore has absolutely nothing to do with class balance (which is honestly not really in a worse place than its been back when there were a lot of big WoW tournaments).

  16. #16
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,516
    i doesent need to be an esport, there are more than enough blizzard/AJ/yaspresents tournaments to keep us hooked. Give it a large twitch community and we dont really need to be buged about the esport thing.

    also this

    Even if it was balanced it would not be a successful e-sport because it is too advanced. Too many things happening at once, that's why LoL has so many viewers. It is simply really easy to follow.
    there is a reason watching football is more common that watching a game of chess- it doesn't need thinking

  17. #17
    They dumbed down the game too much, it won't be an E-sport again because it's boring to play and to watch.

    lol@people saying it's more balanced than before btw, guess you started off in Cata.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    They dumbed down the game too much, it won't be an E-sport again because it's boring to play and to watch.

    lol@people saying it's more balanced than before btw, guess you started off in Cata.
    Yeah, I hear soccer is a very complicated game. That's why it doesn't have that many fans compared to chess.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Even if it was balanced it would not be a successful e-sport because it is too advanced. Too many things happening at once, that's why LoL has so many viewers. It is simply really easy to follow.
    WoW used to be fairly easy to follow though. But now, with every class having 40+ abilities and like 20+ abilities regularly used, it's basically impossible to commentate. And if you could commentate it, you'd have to be a rank 1 player like Azael.

    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    They dumbed down the game too much, it won't be an E-sport again because it's boring to play and to watch.

    lol@people saying it's more balanced than before btw, guess you started off in Cata.
    The difference between MoP and wotlk is that in wotlk you had to be more aware of your surrounding, and you'd have to -actually- outplay your opponent (i.e faking a lot, pre-emptively using stuff and you couldn't simply run into a team with all defensives popped and kill someone).

    Wotlk just felt more like a mind-game. Nowadays I don't have that feeling anymore.
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2013-06-19 at 10:49 AM.

  20. #20
    you guys need sources for this sh*t. you probably won't find any legitimate sources though because none of the above reasons in any of the posts here are why it got dropped.. the actual reason is far more embarrassing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •