Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Elbert Guillory: "Why I Am a Republican"

    A must see Vid






    we have another runaway slave from the democrat plantation. the left will do the same to Mr Guillory as they tried to do to Ben Carson

  2. #2
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,638
    The definitions and inclusions of the democratic and republican parties have changed over time. This politician bases all of his premises and conclusions on the idea that the democratic party of today is the same as the democratic party of decades/centuries ago.

    Ignoring all modern evidence in favor of twisted history will lead one to an ignorant and twisted conclusion.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The definitions and inclusions of the democratic and republican parties have changed over time. This politician bases all of his premises and conclusions on the idea that the democratic party of today is the same as the democratic party of decades/centuries ago.

    Ignoring all modern evidence in favor of twisted history will lead one to an ignorant and twisted conclusion.
    Did you only watch the first 30 seconds? Most of this video is a plea to black America that the modern republican party shares their values.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    the left will do the same to Mr Guillory as they tried to do to Ben Carson
    Dr Ben Carson? The Johns Hopkins neurosurgeon who happens to be a six day creationist who believes the Earth is 6000 years old? I'd let him cut my skull open, but I'd do everything I could (legally of course) to keep him the hell away from public office.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,313
    I feel stupid...but I didn't know Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

    Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The definitions and inclusions of the democratic and republican parties have changed over time. This politician bases all of his premises and conclusions on the idea that the democratic party of today is the same as the democratic party of decades/centuries ago.

    Ignoring all modern evidence in favor of twisted history will lead one to an ignorant and twisted conclusion.
    I see your from massa2sh@ts the most democratic state in America...and to think our Revolution started from there.
    Your right These are not the same times as then.
    Did you know that your wonderful state sent flyers and bought billboards in Porto Rico advocating jobs and the "BEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN AMERICA" come to our State lol.

    Thanks buddy! Stay in your Hole please

  7. #7
    I am Murloc! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    5,941
    I say go for it.

    I see nothing but benefits if political parties have to actually work for the black vote. It might bring benefits and changes communities desperately need.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    we have another runaway slave from the democrat plantation.
    Excuse me? That is some very specific wording to be referring to a black person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Hmm their writing style reads as male to me.

    Now you've got me wondering.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I feel stupid...but I didn't know Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.
    because the left did what ever they could to keep that from being widely known you wont find it in any black history books taught in public schools

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I feel stupid...but I didn't know Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.
    He had no political affiliation. He felt the same way about both republicans and democrats.

    He probably would of align himself more with the republican party of that time, but remember, the republican party of then is NOTHING like the republican party of now. I also love how this guy conveniently left out the fact that the majority of southern democrats left the party and joined the republican party back when the democratic party agreed to give black people more rights.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-18 at 10:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    because the left did what ever they could to keep that from being widely known you wont find it in any black history books taught in public schools
    No. It is because he had no direct political affiliation. He aligned himself with whichever party had the right momentum at the time instead of assuming that a single party can offer all of the change that he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Hmm their writing style reads as male to me.

    Now you've got me wondering.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,638
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Did you only watch the first 30 seconds? Most of this video is a plea to black America that the modern republican party shares their values.
    Some of it is, yes, but that in itself invalidates this politician's choice.

    "I'm joining this party because of their values!"

    "Now change your values!"

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    5,941
    No. It is because he had no direct political affiliation. He aligned himself with whichever party had the right momentum at the time instead of assuming that a single party can offer all of the change that he wanted.
    Which is why I wonder that many african americans have supported one party since the 1960s

  13. #13
    Legendary! Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    6,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicpopsicle View Post
    I see your from massa2sh@ts the most democratic state in America...and to think our Revolution started from there.
    Your right These are not the same times as then.
    Did you know that your wonderful state sent flyers and bought billboards in Porto Rico advocating jobs and the "BEST WELFARE SYSTEM IN AMERICA" come to our State lol.

    Thanks buddy! Stay in your Hole please
    Not sure what this post means

    But thanks for proving to all of us that you're both ignorant and judgemental

  14. #14
    I am a conservative, and while I am registered as a Republican I don't always necessarily agree with the party stance. I think Mr. Guillory is smarter than he lets on in this speech. In all honesty, it was talking points 101.

    These "core ideas" of the Republican party (if you even agree that they are such) are not necessarily the reality, and nor are the generalizations with which he addresses the faults of the Democratic party. That being said, it was a good speech for the "average American". I don't like the comparison of the Democratic Party to the slave plantations of old, but there is some merit in the idea that the Democratic tilt in most ethnic minorities is due more to good PR and "marketing" than any actual policy benefit towards those groups. The ideas were over-simplified, but I agree with the over-arching message: stand back, observe, think independently, and don't blinding follow the party that promises you the most free stuff. It's stupid to say that either party is the best for any ethnic group, because it's stupid to say that one can truly define the essential characteristics of an ethnic group with blanket assumptions... to be frank, because there are no essential characteristics other than the human obsession with "color". There are, admittedly, cultural differences, but at this point many ethnic groups have been so well integrated within American society that those don't make much of a difference from a public policy standpoint.

    We are more than our skin color, or our cultural assumptions; we are individuals, and we should each think critically and decide for ourselves whether or not a party truly represents our best interests, or the best interests of the nation. That is a message I agree with.

  15. #15
    I guess OP doesn't know dems and republicans were practically switched back then?

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Magnolia
    Posts
    5,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Some of it is, yes, but that in itself invalidates this politician's choice.

    "I'm joining this party because of their values!"

    "Now change your values!"
    It's not change your values. It's to at least consider republican values and policies.

    Of course, it also lies on the republican party to put forth more effort to present their values and try to appeal more to blacks. Their relationship is in the shitter since Nixion's southern strategy.

    It's not like they even have to get a large chunk of that voting base to stand a chance in a national election.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Excuse me? That is some very specific wording to be referring to a black person.
    it is a term used by a documentary written by Rev. C.L. Bryant’s
    "Runaway Slave" "a movie about the race to free the Black community from the slavery of tyranny and progressive policies

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess OP doesn't know dems and republicans were practically switched back then?
    according to who?
    just more false left wing propaganda.
    main stream Republicans have the same values and beliefs about race now days as they did 80 and more years ago

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    according to who?
    just more false left wing propaganda.
    main stream Republicans have the same values and beliefs about race now days as they did 80 and more years ago
    I wish they did

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it is a term used by a documentary written by Rev. C.L. Bryant’s
    "Runaway Slave" "a movie about the race to free the Black community from the slavery of tyranny and progressive policies
    slavery is progress to you?

    so going back (regressing) to the old ways (conservative) would be...not slavery???? are you daft?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •