Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,000
    Sometimes I wonder if the people answering the questions even know anything about WoW.

    Having experienced the pain and confusion of leveling a new character to 90 in 5.3 (after a dix month break), it's a huge pain in the ass to figure out where you have to go, what rep you have to farm, where you have to do dailies, what faction you should spend your VP on and much more.

    "How is your DPS lower because you didn't do dailies?"

    Dailies grant rep. Without that rep, you can't buy VP items. If you can't buy those VP items, your gear won't improve. If your gear doesn't improve, your DPS won't either. That's how dailies affect your DPS. Especcialy if you are unlucky in LFR, HC Dungeons and HC Scenario's, like I've been. I did 22 HC Dungeons in a few days and I got one item from it. ONE! Every boss dropped plate. I could have geared up a plate class to full 463 twice. Then there's LFR. Increased drop chance my ass. I've cleared all LFR's twice now and I got a total of 2 items from it and that includes bonus rolls on almost every boss.

    So, with that bad luck streak, all I have left are those damn dailies.

    Speaking of bad luck, I also hate it that Assassination requires daggers. I really wanna play Assassination, but I can't, because I've only ever had Fist Weapons drop for me from dungeons and LFR. Rogues are boring. It just feels weird as Combat to spend 5 combo points on Slice and Dice, feels like a huge waste, or on Rupture for that matter, which is only does 3% of your damage at best. Maybe it's my gear (501 ilvl) or the fact that I only have the tier 14 (2) set bonus, but Rogue is the complete opposite of what I thought it would be.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Speaking of bad luck, I also hate it that Assassination requires daggers. I really wanna play Assassination, but I can't, because I've only ever had Fist Weapons drop for me from dungeons and LFR. Rogues are boring. It just feels weird as Combat to spend 5 combo points on Slice and Dice, feels like a huge waste, or on Rupture for that matter, which is only does 3% of your damage at best. Maybe it's my gear (501 ilvl) or the fact that I only have the tier 14 (2) set bonus, but Rogue is the complete opposite of what I thought it would be.
    I'm Combat and only get daggers. I feel your pain.

  3. #23
    About Jimmy Fallon's song... here's a cover you may like more, it's from long long time ago, on a server far far away...

    www . youtube.com /watch?v=x7A31bjvLgc

    And then (after a while) Blizz heard his prayer

  4. #24
    Warlocks can't sign up for the Arena pass... we'll have to relearn our class mid expansion after we've just relearned it to become second nature for a full year.

  5. #25
    That´s a catchy tune I really enjoyed it...... but where were the Gnomes?

  6. #26
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    316
    I dusted off my mage and leveled it to 90 the same week the 5.3 Barrens patch was released. I was running ToT Normal 3 weeks after hitting 90. Number of factions grinded: 0. No, you don't need to do dailies anymore, not with perfectly fine Barrens weekly gear available. Are they perfect? Probably not, but it's all going to be replaced anyway. Between Barrens weekly, pre-ToT LFR, Heroic dungeons, world bosses, and the random scenario bags, the reps are no longer relevant.

    Edit: I forgot to mention the 502-ish item level boots you get from the Sha of Pride, help the old man up the mountain quest and the 522 item level neck you get for being neutral with Shado Pan Assault. They're basically giving you everything you need to walk into current content within 3 to 4 weeks of hitting level cap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if the people answering the questions even know anything about WoW.

    Having experienced the pain and confusion of leveling a new character to 90 in 5.3 (after a dix month break), it's a huge pain in the ass to figure out where you have to go, what rep you have to farm, where you have to do dailies, what faction you should spend your VP on and much more.

    "How is your DPS lower because you didn't do dailies?"

    Dailies grant rep. Without that rep, you can't buy VP items. If you can't buy those VP items, your gear won't improve. If your gear doesn't improve, your DPS won't either. That's how dailies affect your DPS. Especcialy if you are unlucky in LFR, HC Dungeons and HC Scenario's, like I've been. I did 22 HC Dungeons in a few days and I got one item from it. ONE! Every boss dropped plate. I could have geared up a plate class to full 463 twice. Then there's LFR. Increased drop chance my ass. I've cleared all LFR's twice now and I got a total of 2 items from it and that includes bonus rolls on almost every boss.

    So, with that bad luck streak, all I have left are those damn dailies.

    Speaking of bad luck, I also hate it that Assassination requires daggers. I really wanna play Assassination, but I can't, because I've only ever had Fist Weapons drop for me from dungeons and LFR. Rogues are boring. It just feels weird as Combat to spend 5 combo points on Slice and Dice, feels like a huge waste, or on Rupture for that matter, which is only does 3% of your damage at best. Maybe it's my gear (501 ilvl) or the fact that I only have the tier 14 (2) set bonus, but Rogue is the complete opposite of what I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Harmzuay; 2013-06-19 at 12:28 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by TCceen View Post
    Warlocks can't sign up for the Arena pass... we'll have to relearn our class mid expansion after we've just relearned it to become second nature for a full year.
    Stop whining, healers had to re-learn their class every single expansion as it always changes tremendously. Warlocks just got hit by a big change when MoP was released, and now they're modifying it a bit.

    That said, DPS classes in WoW = select target, roll your face over the glowing animated buttons.

  8. #28
    *Healing WAS shadow's main contribution. Nerfed to the ground for the sake of PvP.

    It's not fair for them to have healing, mana, dispels and things like life grip on top of great damage and survivability.*

    Did I miss anything? Dispels? Got nerfed. Mana? Got nerfed(about the only class that can go oom at all). Healing? Got nerfed. Survivability? 15% less damage nerfed, dispersion nerfed. Life grip? Nerfed(was never used much in pve anyway...and for pvp it's dead).
    Why is a class that is so overpowered according to blizz...about the LAST to solo any type of hard content? I mean, that's not very logical, is it?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

    Honestly dailies are the quickest way to get lesser charms, I know there are other ways, but rng on those, dailies are boring
    I'm not sure that's true. Last week I got my charms by making a group and farming Barrens bosses. (Source)
    What the fuck are you people doing that you need all these Lesser Charms of Good Fortune? I get all that I require just by doing the Tillers dailies (5 QUESTS A DAY OMFG!!11oneone), killing the shit required to complete those dailies, and killing random shit and rares. If you can't get these charms over the course of an entire week by doing these 3 things, you're doing it wrong. It doesn't require any effort whatsoever and you certainly don't fucking need to do every daily in the game. Shut the hell up already with your constant whining.
    Amen, brother!

  10. #30
    Jimmy Fallon FTW!
    And Wtf! Chris Hardwick has a set of pipes! Well done sir.

  11. #31
    Mechagnome Synbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Thunderdome
    Posts
    663
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Is Fallon even a gamer? Or is it just for show.
    I'm pretty sure he plays or used to play. A lot of celebrities play wow, some since vanilla. I just read that Henry Cavill(the new superman) used to play wow quite a bit.

    Love the song too btw! When I first saw the title I thought oh god not another video making fun of wow players, but it was actually not mocking us
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

  12. #32
    The song was hilarious and pretty damn good.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Is Fallon even a gamer? Or is it just for show.
    Well, his major in college was Computer Science for a while, later changed to Communications. He's displayed familiarity with gamer culture and slang in the past. He's had guests on to pitch major consoles and video games, as he did last night. I think it's for real.

  14. #34
    The Patient Fixup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Great Malvern, Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    345
    is that actually Leeroy Jenkins at 1:57? lol

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:22 PM ----------

    Look at that guy's FPS at 1:32 lol

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    is that actually Leeroy Jenkins at 1:57? lol

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 04:22 PM ----------

    Look at that guy's FPS at 1:32 lol
    Pretty sure that's because he is running it in the background.

  16. #36
    There was nothing wrong with the rep tabard system. You changed it to dailies and dont like the fallout. GG
    I've explained before why we didn't like the tabard rep system, but once again: (Source)
    1) It removed the world from WoW by letting instances provide all rewards in the most efficient way. (Source)
    2) It made you manage a bunch of tabards in your UI. "Oops. Left the one I wanted in my bank." (Source)
    The champion system lets you get some rep from dungeons without item management. We like it better. (Source)


    Does anyone see the problem with the above statement? Hint:its at the end... Last four words.

    I could care less myself. I don't do dailies, way way way to fucking boring! Its like death by a thousand cuts. I log on do heroics pick herbs, fly around.. Look for treasures in ponds lol. Raid in LFR. If my guild can get 10 people(usually short on healers and tanks) the normal raid. NO DAILIES!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I'm pretty sure he plays or used to play. A lot of celebrities play wow, some since vanilla. I just read that Henry Cavill(the new superman) used to play wow quite a bit.
    Yah he did a radio interview last week and was asked about mentioning that in a magazine and said that he was raiding when he took the call that told him he had won the part.

  18. #38
    Still waiting on the tier 16 hunter shoulders so I can decide if my soul needs to continue dying or not.

  19. #39
    So, no one complaining that Jimmy Fallow is Horde-biased yet?

  20. #40
    Only in World of Warcraft do you find people complaining for having more options available and when they become BORED, they don't take a break from the game, they just complain and bitch on forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •