Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quarantine was pretty good I guess. Most modern horror movies focus too much on gore, and not enough on actually being scary, so hard to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Coraline.

You didn't say scariest, you said my favorite. Not a fan of over the top gorey horror flicks. Coraline has a nice subtlety to it.

Coraline is one of my favorite movies of all time. Definitely my favorite animated movie. It felt so much like a Tim Burton movie without being as far out there as a Tim Burton movie.

Sucks it didn't have a chance at the Oscar because of Up.

I liked the original SAW, some of the sequels were okay but the franchise as a whole ended up crashing and burning. They ended up relying way to much on the gore instead of the psychological aspects.

As a horror buff, Cabin in the Woods is one of my favorite movies, it's the most brilliantly written horror comedy ever.

Paranormal Activity is bad and you should feel bad for liking it.

I liked sinister, I thought it was a pretty decent movie and I have no real problems with it other than I don't understand why people found it so terrifying.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-18 at 05:24 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Movies don't scare me. And "found footage" bullshit like Paranormal Activity are some of the most fucking boring movies I've ever seen(Blair Witch did it like 10 years ago and it sucked then too). Not scary, not creepy, not eerie, not atmospheric, just dull.

Some of the horror movies of the 2000's I enjoyed:
    Pan's Labyrinth
    Dog Soldiers
    Session 9
    The Mist
    The Ring(though the original is still superior)
    Suicide Club
    Dawn of the Dead(one of the better remakes out there)
    I Saw the Devil(you can argue it's not horror, but it's grim, violent, and intense enough for me to call it borderline)

There's a lot I haven't seen

Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Scary movies exist in the 21st century?

I know, I know, bad joke. But really, I can't say I've found any "scary" movie to be "scary."

Scary movies just seem bad. I don't know if it's because I'm older, or they actually are bad, maybe even both. It's especially sad when the only "scary" parts of a movie are jump scares, being cheap immitations of horror to trick the audience into thinking that the movie is actually scary. It's pathetic, and something that far too many movies try to do.

Your post reminded me of this youtube video i found about the 'horror' genre--its good ^.^ makes me wish this guy wrote a story himself

/watch?v=da9bQ086lZ8

OP, I think "The Ring' and "A Stir of Echoes' were both pretty good. Echoes really kept me guessing and The Ring was just nightmare fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head - I'll head more when I think of them later

Insidious
    The Conjuring
    Drag Me To Hell
    Evil Dead (remake)