Deleted

Which back as resto?

So today i got mine last titan runestone so ive been wondering if i should take one with spirit or without it. I like the caster one more but im not really sure which one to take.

Deleted
    Spirit if you're going for mana battery build. Simple as that.

Deleted
    As im raiding in 10 man guild im not really mana battery

Deleted
    It all comes down to if you need that extra spirit or not.

10 man here --- I'm going non-spirit cloak and reforging the mastery to spirit.

Can always purchase the spirit cloak later for 10k gold (7k gold /w all the discounts) if radical changes are made in 5.4 to our stat weights.

It is really dependent on how much spirit you are sitting at and if you are your raid's mana battery or not, although it sounds as though in your 10M you aren't. Would also make a difference how hard you are pushing heroics, if you are 2 or 3 healing it, how many of your other pieces are spirit-free and which trinkets you are running.

If you don't "need" the spirit, the non-spirit one should be fine, or if you are concerned about the cost of replacing it, you might want to start with the spirit one and reforge the spirit off and then maybe change out some of your spirit gems.

You want enough spirit that you aren't oom, but you don't want to end boss fights sitting pretty at 80% mana either since that excess spirit could have then gone into a secondary stat instead.

TL;DR - it is really a personal preference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    10 man here --- I'm going non-spirit cloak and reforging the mastery to spirit.

Can always purchase the spirit cloak later for 10k gold (7k gold /w all the discounts) if radical changes are made in 5.4 to our stat weights.
    Currently you can't have 2 of these cloaks even in your inventory, so that won't really be an option unless they change it.

Ahh yes, unique vs unique-equipped. Still going for the Jadefire Drape. Will bite the 7k gold loss if needed.

If only the Cranewing Cloak had spirit, haste, and crit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varzik View Post
    Ahh yes, unique vs unique-equipped. Still going for the Jadefire Drape. Will bite the 7k gold loss if needed.

If only the Cranewing Cloak had spirit, haste, and crit...
    Exactly my thoughts.

What with the socket and the option to reforge mastery to spirit, I don't really see why we'd really 'need' the healer cloak on 10-man. If spirit becomes a problem, there are other options than to take a cloak that is lacking prettiful crit.

Deleted
    I went with spirt one for now. Ill see how it will go

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still missing a few titan runestones (hi RNG!) but had a look at the options anyway.

If you get the dps cloak (non spirit); upgrade it twice; then reforge the 992 mastery into spirit you get 396 spirit and 595 mastery + the 992 haste and crit.

If you take the heal cloak (cranewing w. spirit); upgrade twice; you'll have 992 spirit and 992 in mastery and haste; reforge the mastery into crit and you should get the same 396 (crit) / 595 (mast) split.

So it's a matter of if you want an extra ~600 spirit (596 to be exact) and loose ~400 crit (397) if you pick the cranewing cloak. Concidering the mana return on crit i'm starting to lean more towards taking the dps cloak; this is unless ofcause your duty is to be the mana battery. I hope I didn't mix up the numbers here ...

The "one" cloak issue; can't you just as previous have one cloak in your bank and one cloak in your inventory? Get the quest one; put it in the bank; buy another one and keep it in your bag; bring out Jeeves if you are an engineer and swap them durring raid if needed.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-06-20 at 12:29 PM.

There is only one situation in which you'd actually take the spirit cloak, and that is if you're raiding 25 man Heroic, and you're playing mana battery for your raid. If you are not gemming purely 320 spirit, using both the Heroic Spirit trinkets from ToT and accepting the role of walking mana tide, then do not take the spirit cloak. It is as simple as that. Mana battery is the only situation where the spirit cloak should even be considered in any way

The current play style of resto shaman and current gearing/gemming style 100% favors the non spirit cloak, because you simply do not need spirit currently with the Legendary Meta Gem. Current gemming should be following, matching and taking every socket bonus:
    Red: 160 int
    Yellow: 80 int/160 Haste
    Blue: 160 Haste/160 Spirit

With correct LMG proc usage(2x GHW/Riptide or Surges, dropping rain when off CD, and HST for totemic recall 15s later) while glyphing for Totemic Recall, you should have zero issues maintaining your mana on any fight currently in 10 or 25 heroic. With bad proc usage you should still be netting 3-4000 MP5 off of your LMG, with GOOD usage netting 5-6k MP5, with PERFECT and GOOD RNG usage netting you 6k+ MP5. Lucidity procs + Crits -> Resurgence are your friends.

However, if you're unable to bite the bullet and spend the 7k gold on replacing your DPS cloak with a Spirit one in the event that the LMG receives a tweak, or our playstylel changes, go with the spirit one to be safe I suppose, but man the fact that it is Spirit/Haste/*MASTERY* makes it a disgusting cloak

TLDR? DPS Cloak unless Mana Battery in 25mans

Quote Originally Posted by jNewsh View Post
    The current play style of resto shaman and current gearing/gemming style 100% favors the non spirit cloak, because you simply do not need spirit currently with the Legendary Meta Gem. Current gemming should be following, matching and taking every socket bonus:
    Red: 160 int
    Yellow: 80 int/160 Haste
    Blue: 160 Haste/160 Spirit
    Doesn't compute. You're gemming for int in red and blue sockets, and for haste in blue sockets. You may wanna decide between going Int/spirit in blue sockets or pure haste in yellows and haste/int in red, but mixing seems pretty stupid.

Unless you're going for a specific breakpoint, in which case you should state that and it doesn't only impact gemming.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I would be inclined to go with the Spirit cloak. Basically, you are deciding between Spirit and Crit, and even gearing around throughput instead of regen/MTT, I can't see any situation where I would take Crit over Spirit at a 1:1 ratio. I can see taking Haste over Spirit to get to higher breakpoints, but I can't see Mastery or Crit ever being better than Spirit straight up.

For throughput gearing, I would put stat priority at something close to

Int > Haste to 7613 > Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jNewsh View Post
    With correct LMG proc usage(2x GHW/Riptide or Surges, dropping rain when off CD, and HST for totemic recall 15s later) while glyphing for Totemic Recall, you should have zero issues maintaining your mana on any fight currently in 10 or 25 heroic. With bad proc usage you should still be netting 3-4000 MP5 off of your LMG, with GOOD usage netting 5-6k MP5, with PERFECT and GOOD RNG usage netting you 6k+ MP5. Lucidity procs + Crits -> Resurgence are your friends.
    How exactlly do you fit that into the cast sequence? Unless you have some kinda godlike robot reflexes and timing? It's a 4 second buff, lets just for the sake of argument assume you have not already begun casting something when the buff comes up and you notice it is active instantly. Also assuming you are not a troll or under bloodlust since that racial and the other effect wouldn't be the "normal" condition.

I find it very hard to belive you manage to get two ghw or surges + a healing rain + slamming down HST in that time frame. Slightly depending on your exact amount of haste GHW is around a 2 second cast, surge is about 1.2 sec cast, rain is about 1.6. I assume you mean either 1/2 ghw/surges and/or a healing rain and if there and available a HST even that seems very doubtful. Otherwise atleast one of them will be clipped on the time line and still cost mana.

Depending on the situation and when it drops naturally different casts will be good; as in it's pointless to spam out some surges just cause they are free if everyone is fine; ok not entirely pointless -- you build ancestral vigor on someone for free if you like. If the situation permits you could spam out 3 possibly 4 glyphed riptides for an apporoximate same amount of mana as two surges.

So what I'm fishing for here ofcause is what does people use their meta procs for and do they even bother to track it or are they just happy for the free mana from time to time.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-06-20 at 04:57 PM. Reason: ... i should probably have made this a new topic.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    So what I'm fishing for here ofcause is what does people use their meta procs for and do they even bother to track it or are they just happy for the free mana from time to time.
    Honestly, I don't bother tracking meta gem procs. On a different healing class, it might be more worthwhile, but I really don't see the benefit. As a 25m Resto Shaman, you are always going to want to use HR or ULE-HR, HST, and usually RT on cooldown, regardless of meta gem procs. Between that, generally Chain Heal is superior to single target heals as a filler in most cases. Meta procs would not really make much change to what I would cast, so I don't see the gain in changing spell selection for meta procs.

Deleted
    I don't bother tracking it. I have so few mana issues it's really not worth the screen clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by tibbee View Post
    I would be inclined to go with the Spirit cloak. Basically, you are deciding between Spirit and Crit, and even gearing around throughput instead of regen/MTT, I can't see any situation where I would take Crit over Spirit at a 1:1 ratio. I can see taking Haste over Spirit to get to higher breakpoints, but I can't see Mastery or Crit ever being better than Spirit straight up.

For throughput gearing, I would put stat priority at something close to

Int > Haste to 7613 > Spirit > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    this post makes the most sense. there's no reason to take crit > spirit and both cloaks have mastery.

take the spirit cloak and if you have "too much", then reforge/regem elsewhere for more int or haste.