Deleted

Stacking Enh shaman for dps and healing in raid viable?

This is not serious question about progression, but more about fun things to try. Do you think you can stack only Enhancement shamans and tanks (and maybe 1 healer for dispells) for raiding current content? Last night in LFR I had 120k DPS and 72k HPS on Megaera and I wasn't even trying hard. I know that it is LFR and that this boss is good for stacked healing, but do you think it is doable on normal and probably on other bosses?

Healing Storm Glyph + Healing Rain is very strong...that's about all I know (haven't played since early 5.2).

For our 10 man raid we've been 2 healing 8/12 in ToT (Current progression) Due to myself being able to pump out 50k+ healing along with over 100k DPS. Healing Storm + Chaining in a Echo/Mastery w/ 2 Piece Tier is very very very effective.

I believe they are lowering the CD from Chaining glyph to 2s instead of 4s too which will increase it's effectiveness even more.

Quote Originally Posted by deadri View Post
    This is not serious question about progression, but more about fun things to try. Do you think you can stack only Enhancement shamans and tanks (and maybe 1 healer for dispells) for raiding current content? Last night in LFR I had 120k DPS and 72k HPS on Megaera and I wasn't even trying hard. I know that it is LFR and that this boss is good for stacked healing, but do you think it is doable on normal and probably on other bosses?
    Could you? Sure. Should you? I wouldn't.

Magaera is probably one of the best fights to attempt something like stacking enhancement on. Being fairly close to the patchwerk model helps, as does being able to self-debuff, with the glyph of shamanistic rage. Then, the off-healing, obviously.

But in the normal mode raids, I wouldn't do it, for a variety of reasons. Keep in mind that some of the raid buffs we get are a significant part of what makes us look good on recount (5% crit, AP, crit banner, boss armor debuff, etc.).

Almost certainly - with the amount of self heals and (relatively) low damage taken by Paly/Monk tanks they need very little heals as it is - I would suggest the only boss you'd have trouble with is possibly Durumu. If you augmented with a disc priest or MW monk to DPS heals (and clutch big single target heals/dispels) you could easily do it!

Probably the big issue would be things like making sure all 7-8 shammies aren't popping their CH at the same time and then not seeing another CH for another 10s or so -coordination would be the toughest part I think.

if your stacking nothing but well geared enhancement shamans you might not need a healer. im seeing burst of 1 million dps for the first 15-30 seconds. with 8 of them you could take half of a bosses HP in the first minute. fights where stacking isn't an issue you could kill any boss you can melee.

i am able to pump out 55k HPS and 170k DPS on most fights in 25 man. i only raid heal as enhancement during progression fights or when the raid falls below 50% health. its very viable to keep up high DPS and high HPS using only healing rain, ancestral guidance and healing stream totem. enhancement is very powerfull at burst healing and sustained healing when you have targets to melee. on fights like lei-shen and animus where you will have to stop dps, you wont be able to keep up healing.

class stacking is a fun thing to do and much more viable then most people think. just see my videos i did pretty much any hardmode boss thats accessible with DKs only.
    and well we may have good selfheal but not enough to completly outheal current content.
    but the bloodworms of 9 other DKs are more than enough to keep your alive.

im pretty sure enh shamas heals are MUCH better than bloodworms. i dont see any problem at all except the usual "you have to many melees" problem. im also quite sure 10 well geared enh shamans could clear all pre ToT normal content without any issue. tanks and healers are overrated especially if bosses die before CDs run out.

im very very sure many other classes could beat tons of bosses with only their class and nothing else if the gear and skill of players is high enough. sadly it seems me and that Druid only casual guild are the only people who care to organize raids like that. GL anyway would love to see 8 or 10 enh shamans rape bosses
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-06-19 at 11:02 PM.

You could use 2 or 3 Enhancement Shamans if you really wanted.

My guild uses Enhance, Elemental and a Shadow Priest. Because of this we were able to 2 heal every fight, including Ra-Den. As Enhancement you only need to drop a Healing Rain when there is pulsing raid-wide damage, and use Ancestral Guidance when everyone drops low. If you need to start spamming Chain Heal, then your healers are doing it pretty wrong I'd say. On Ra-Den I did 247k DPS over the entire fight, and about 110k HPS during Phase 2 (only time you actually need to heal), Pretty decent DPS I guess. ;o
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    It is hard to organize such a thing, but when next patch comes close and people are bored and don't really need current gear I will try to get in touch with more Enhancement shamans in my half dead server and do it. Can you give me some advice how you do it? And can you tell me the name of the Druid only guild. That is one of the things I wanted to do in WoW for a long time. Also Paladin only guild sounds like a doable thing. If I had the time I'd make char on RP server and try to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by kreearra View Post
    if your stacking nothing but well geared enhancement shamans you might not need a healer. im seeing burst of 1 million dps for the first 15-30 seconds. with 8 of them you could take half of a bosses HP in the first minute. fights where stacking isn't an issue you could kill any boss you can melee.
    Are you saying that you're able to sustain 1 million dps for as long as even 15 seconds? I'd love to see a WoL report on that, if you have it.

As for the 8 enhancement scenario (and I presume you're referring to a 10 man raid comp?), the best arrangement I can see, would be a Guardian and Prot War tank. Then, you'd have the 6 raid buffs that enhancement cares about. The raid debuffs not covered would be the 4% physical vulnerability, and the 5% increased magic damage. There might be a slight (potential) dps drop, compared to your current raid comp, but with the shorter fight duration, you might see a net dps gain.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 03:37 PM ----------

It is hard to organize such a thing, but when next patch comes close and people are bored and don't really need current gear I will try to get in touch with more Enhancement shamans in my half dead server and do it. Can you give me some advice how you do it? And can you tell me the name of the Druid only guild. That is one of the things I wanted to do in WoW for a long time. Also Paladin only guild sounds like a doable thing. If I had the time I'd make char on RP server and try to do that.
    Use this tool, to help organize the raid comp, as it will help with the raid buffs/debuffs: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Are you saying that you're able to sustain 1 million dps for as long as even 15 seconds? I'd love to see a WoL report on that, if you have it.

As for the 8 enhancement scenario (and I presume you're referring to a 10 man raid comp?), the best arrangement I can see, would be a Guardian and Prot War tank. Then, you'd have the 6 raid buffs that enhancement cares about. The raid debuffs not covered would be the 4% physical vulnerability, and the 5% increased magic damage. There might be a slight (potential) dps drop, compared to your current raid comp, but with the shorter fight duration, you might see a net dps gain.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 03:37 PM ----------

Use this tool, to help organize the raid comp, as it will help with the raid buffs/debuffs: http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/
    Thanks for the advice, but the problem is not the raid comp. It is to find 8 Enhancement shamans that want to join, have gear and know what to do. Which is not easy since Enhancement is not the most popular spec and my server is a bit dead.
    Last edited by mmocc1abe21e18; 2013-06-21 at 09:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Highest burst I've been able to log, was 983k, that was at about 543 ilvl. With Legendary Cloak and being 548 ilvl, I can sometimes get to 1 million burst DPS, but it would not be at all possible to hold this kind of DPS for longer than a few seconds max.

Log : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nr...e/?s=114&e=388 [Rank 1 Raden @ 543 ilvl]
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Thanks for the advice, but the problem is not the raid comp. It is to find 8 Enhancement shamans that want to join, have gear and know what to do. Which is not easy since Enhancement is not the most popular spec and my server is a bit dead.
    Flex-Raid!!!!

Alternatively, you could try to set up a tier 14 raid on Openraid, now, and get the enhance shaman. (HINT HINT HINT - Or even on this forum!) If it didn't interfere with raid nights, I'd join in for the kicks.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 07:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    Highest burst I've been able to log, was 983k, that was at about 543 ilvl. With Legendary Cloak and being 548 ilvl, I can sometimes get to 1 million burst DPS, but it would not be at all possible to hold this kind of DPS for longer than a few seconds max.

Log : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nr...e/?s=114&e=388 [Rank 1 Raden @ 543 ilvl]
    I've heard of some guys hitting over 1.1 million, but haven't seen logs to that effect. My most recent high burst was 923k, in 520 ilvl, but that's also with the Jin'rokh gimmick. Typically, on something like Tortos or Durumu, I'm lucky to get over 600k. I used to get over 700k, fairly regularly, but that was before I replaced the shado-pan valor trinket with Bad Ju-Ju. My overall dps is better, now, with Bad Ju-Ju. I like your over-1.5-million on heroic Jin'rokh. Nice.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qqe3e...e/?s=563&e=770

15+ Year Old Account
    As ENH, I've done a lot of offhealing (especially when doing 10 man content) over the years. I've played ENH since BC and the general role of an ENH back then was raid support (and melee buffer), so watching the raid frames while dpsing seems natural to me. You may be able to do a lot of normal mode content this way now that we're further into the patch, but I don't think I'd try this for heroic.