Deleted

boomkin fc help!

Hi, My rbg leader wants me to flag cap in rated bgs current mmr is 1950. I have took hotw over Nature's Vigil and took displacer beast over wild charge, i have changed all my int/crit gems to stam gems and use symbiosis with a lock. any other pointers would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarux View Post
    Hi, My rbg leader wants me to flag cap in rated bgs current mmr is 1950. I have took hotw over Nature's Vigil and took displacer beast over wild charge, i have changed all my int/crit gems to stam gems and use symbiosis with a lock. any other pointers would be helpful.
    Go guardian instead? lol. It seems extremely stupid to me to go balance but gimp yourself as much as humanly possibly by changing everything to be stam so you're essentially a guardian without the helpful CDs. Why not just go guardian and be that much better?

Deleted
    but i don't have the gear i am full tyr boomkin

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Go guardian instead? lol. It seems extremely stupid to me to go balance but gimp yourself as much as humanly possibly by changing everything to be stam so you're essentially a guardian without the helpful CDs. Why not just go guardian and be that much better?
    guardians would have a much larger dmg taken off the bat, but even then boomies seem like a bad choice for it

Deleted
    Mind the new "tanks get more damage" change.

Deleted
    so am i better just staying int/crit gems and fc'ing or use stam gems ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    Mind the new "tanks get more damage" change.
    While this is true, they also have a ton more usable CDs to assist. Boomkins are the squishiest caster that exists. You basically have one CD. They'd make awful FCs in my opinion though I haven't done PvP in ages so I could be mistaken.

While this is true, they also have a ton more usable CDs to assist. Boomkins are the squishiest caster that exists. You basically have one CD. They'd make awful FCs in my opinion though I haven't done PvP in ages so I could be mistaken.
    I have to agree with this, out of our 4 specs, moonkin would be the worst.

Even with all moonkin gear, guardian spec would be better, as a guardian FC you don't try to do dmg, you kite and stay alive.

Even with the additional dmg debuff, you'll mitigate more physical dmg then the other specs.

If you're not comfortable with guardian, at least go tree, you'll have more tools then moonkin to stay alive, and at least the gear has the correct stats.

Look for Crass's post on this forum about Guardian FCing, there is a good discussion there about guardian/feral/tree FCing and advantages/disadvantages.

no? Guardian takes 25% more raw damage, and all you gain is Survival Instincts and some gimmicky armor/savage D. Feral is much more useful in this case.

Guardian is worthless. Your best bet is a feral FC because of disperse/SI. If you don't have a feral set moonkin is still better than guardian. Cloak is strong. So is shield wall. It's still going to be grossly tough because they broke tank specs and made the game too zergy.

Use glyph of prowl, get speed buff into dash into roar. Get flag. If someone is waiting for you call for backup (rogue/hunter/mage). Try to rotate your cooldowns and be vocal with your healers for sacs, monk bubbles, etc. You really just need to emphasize that your team has to kill their fc, or peel really hard for you.

Glyph of Barkskin/Ursoc are nice too.

resto with huge amounts of crit would be better for this purpose.
    much better than boomkin.
    swiftmend from treant every 20 secs, plus healing touches.
    glyph might of ursoc, macroed with NS+HT, as huge "almost died there" CD.
    symbiosed deterrence also saving ass.