Demo simming 15-20k lower on single target?

Ilvl 527 and just picked up UVLS forom lfr. Thought I would give demo a try but I ran a simcraft first and it was simming about 18 lower on average. Anyone else getting sims like this?

Stats priorities? do you have glyph of everlasting affliction? what spec are you comparing with?

Quote Originally Posted by actiwe View Post
    Stats priorities? do you have glyph of everlasting affliction? what spec are you comparing with?
    This and more. Just post your armory and what spec you're comparing it to.

It sounds like you're using the normal APL with UVLS, which is a terrible idea. Make sure you're using the UVLS APL.

what is this apl:P?

action priority list.

The rotation and reactions that the sim puts your toon through.

Copy and paste the list of actions Simcraft shows for your character into Pastebin and post the link here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Kieff/simple Here is the armory. I have been playing Destruction since I switched to this toon about two months ago. I should also have the legendary meta next week. I will link the list of actions when simcraft is done.

How many itterations are you running? Because you're not hitcapped and that will likely have an immense impact on your sims.
    You're also socketting pure int, which is, simply put, wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    What should I be gemming? Also the I just forgot to reforge so I am always hit capped.
    If you look at your sim, you can see the relative stat values. Look at the normalized values, they'll look something like:
    Int: 1
    Spellpower: 0,6
    Hit: 0,4
    Crit: 0,4
    Haste: 0,7
    Mastery: 0,7

Since you get 2x the secondary stats for gemming, a mastery gem would give you 320*0,7 while an intellect gem would give you 160*1.

Try to gem for breakpoints ~8100 haste for demo, and then put the rest in mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    If you look at your sim, you can see the relative stat values. Look at the normalized values, they'll look something like:
    Int: 1
    Spellpower: 0,6
    Hit: 0,4
    Crit: 0,4
    Haste: 0,7
    Mastery: 0,7

Since you get 2x the secondary stats for gemming, a mastery gem would give you 320*0,7 while an intellect gem would give you 160*1.

Try to gem for breakpoints ~8100 haste for demo, and then put the rest in mastery.
    Ah thank you.

Make sure you have the latest version of simcraft, I just picked up LFR lei shen (switching from normal cha-yes) and gained 8k dps going from affliction to demonology. The past few releases have a clause that covers the trinket proccing.

Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

How do I know if i am using the ULVS apl?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    How do I know if i am using the ULVS apl?
    We'll tell you when you link the Pastebin. Before you run Simcraft, just copy and paste all of the text that pops up when you import you character.

If you're struggling to understand what Teye is asking, when you click on the 'Simulate' tab in simcraft after having imported your character, there should be a list of actions in descending order, which is known as the action priority list (APL). In there it should have the following lines, which cause the simulation to react to Perfect Aim procs.

actions+=/metamorphosis,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&active_enemies>1
    actions+=/doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.perfect_aim.react&(crit_pct<100|ticks_r emain<=add_ticks)

Do you see this in your APL?

Halcyon @ EU Al'Akir is recruiting. Contact me for details.

That's the old APL. Update your simcraft by clicking "Download latest version" in the top left corner of this page: http://simulationcraft.org/

I'm not the OP.

I was wondering if you could simply tell me the difference or key part of the code I should look at, I know where to find the apl within simcraft, I just downloaded the latest version today as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanlock View Post
    I'm not the OP.

I was wondering if you could simply tell me the difference or key part of the code I should look at, I know where to find the apl within simcraft, I just downloaded the latest version today as well

There's a multitude of small differences, but the major point involving UVLS being a dps increase is this line, specifically the final clause.

Code:
    doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&(ticks_remain<=1|(ticks_remain+1<n_ticks&buff.dark_soul.up))&target.time_to_die>=30&miss_react&dot.doom.crit_pct<100

So I updated simcraft and Demo is simming higher now. Here is my lock http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Kieff/simple Anyone see anything wrong with the gems? ALso here is the updated UPA. Thanks for any info.

Default action list Executed every time the actor is available.
    # count action,conditions
    8 0.00 curse_of_the_elements,if=debuff.magic_vulnerability.down
    9 1.00 jade_serpent_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.health.pct<=20
    A 4.47 imp_swarm,if=buff.dark_soul.up|(cooldown.dark_soul.remains>(120%(1%spell_haste)))|time_to_ die<32
    B 4.30 dark_soul
    C 3.29 service_pet,if=talent.grimoire_of_service.enabled
    D 10.32 felguard:felstorm
    E 0.00 wrathguard:wrathstorm
    F 0.00 run_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>4
    G 1.00 summon_doomguard
    H 0.00 metamorphosis,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&active_enemies>1
    I 3.16 doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.perfect_aim.react&(crit_pct<100|ticks_r emain<=add_ticks)
    J 0.32 touch_of_chaos,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&dot.corruption.ticking&dot.corrupt ion.remains<1.5
    K 1.08 soul_fire,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.molten_core.react&(buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.per fect_aim.remains>cast_time)
    L 4.25 doom,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&(ticks_remain<=1|(ticks_remain+1<n_ticks&buf f.dark_soul.up))&target.time_to_die>=30&miss_react&dot.doom.crit_pct<100
    M 14.13 touch_of_chaos,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&dot.corruption.ticking&dot.corrupt ion.remains<20&dot.corruption.crit_pct<100
    N 15.26 cancel_metamorphosis,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.dark_soul.down&demonic_fury<=650&target .time_to_die>30
    O 48.50 soul_fire,if=buff.metamorphosis.up&buff.molten_core.react&(buff.dark_soul.remains<action.s hadow_bolt.cast_time|buff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)
    P 90.59 touch_of_chaos,if=buff.metamorphosis.up
    Q 2.72 corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&(crit_pct<100|ticks_remain<=add_ticks )
    R 0.89 hand_of_guldan,if=buff.perfect_aim.react&buff.perfect_aim.remains>travel_time
    S 1.22 corruption,cycle_targets=1,if=!ticking&target.time_to_die>=6&miss_react
    T 17.94 metamorphosis,if=(buff.dark_soul.up&demonic_fury%32>buff.dark_soul.remains)|(dot.corruptio n.remains<5&dot.corruption.crit_pct<100)|!dot.doom.ticking|demonic_fury>=950|demonic_fury% 32>target.time_to_die|buff.perfect_aim.react
    U 25.90 hand_of_guldan,if=!in_flight&dot.shadowflame.remains<travel_time+action.shadow_bolt.cast_t ime&(charges=2|dot.shadowflame.remains>travel_time|(charges=1&recharge_time<4))
    V 46.99 soul_fire,if=buff.molten_core.react&(buff.dark_soul.remains<action.shadow_bolt.cast_time|b uff.dark_soul.remains>cast_time)
    W 8.41 life_tap,if=mana.pct<60
    X 61.95 shadow_bolt
    Y 0.00 fel_flame,moving=1
    Z 0.00 life_tap

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    So I updated simcraft and Demo is simming higher now. Here is my lock http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Kieff/simple Anyone see anything wrong with the gems? ALso here is the updated UPA. Thanks for any info.
    This is really turning into a question that belongs in the Demonology thread, or the fix my dps thread. The purpose here was to troubleshoot a simcraft issue, which has been done.