Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Soloing Warbringers and Elite Mobs in Pandaria as Protection

So I've recently managed to ding level 90 on my Paladin. And was wondering if anyone has attempted to solo Warbringers or any of the Elite Mobs as protection?

I do have a Blood Death Knight and its pretty easy - 6 mins and under in 490+ gear. I've seen Warlocks and heard of Hunters solo them. Have even seen Brewmasters, but no one seemed to have mention Paladins.

Has anyone attempted it?

My paladin is still 85 but supposably there was a very well geared prot pally on a chinese server that soloed Galleon.

As much as I dont believe it, if he came even close then yeah Id say prot pallies could solo rare elites & warbringers.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

I've soloed warbringers a few things, takes a while though. If you're geared enough they don't hit very hard, and if you're really in a pinch you can WoG yourself. DK/Monks are probably better suited for it, but Paladins can do it.

Not all of the warbringers spawn with the fear ability. If you're lucky to get the Spirit/Scarab/Front Cone/Meteor abilities, you shouldn't have any problem.

Deleted
    Its rather easily doable. Farmed dino for myself that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    So I've recently managed to ding level 90 on my Paladin. And was wondering if anyone has attempted to solo Warbringers or any of the Elite Mobs as protection?...

Has anyone attempted it?
    It's a joke. UBS for extra bubbles, basically use trinket (if available) and bubble for fears. Holy Avenger in a pinch, if a fear is coming and a spirit is out use GoAK, etc. It does take a while though, and if you're undergeared you might have some issues.

The dread wastes one with the klaxxi buffs is just super easy, period.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-06-19 at 09:16 PM.

I've seen mages, warlocks, hunters and moonkin kite them to death. Guardian, blood, and brewmasters tank them to death. I'm not sure about paladin though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Soloing warbringers is really easy as prot.You can move the warbringer away from the spirit also since you can stun it twice,once with holy wrath and one more with hammer.
    After that I tend to stand in most of the shit just for vengeance.Break fear with bubble (if human its even easier) and when you get feared and cant break it just use a def cd before it.
    Anyway the point is that you can solo them.First time I did it was with around 510ilvl full ret gear and lfr sword and board.

Soloing warbringers is laughably easy. Stand in everything for vengeance and 3-5 mins later it's dead. Really.

The only minor annoyance are the fearing ones, but use UbS (and human trinket lulz) to escape many of them. I've never used any cooldowns on them since getting 522 gear, but I suppose they could be needed at lower gear levels.

Paladins don't have quite the solo ability of bDK's but we're close, and really excel at things like warbringers. GL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Soloing warbringers is really easy as prot.You can move the warbringer away from the spirit also since you can stun it twice,once with holy wrath and one more with hammer.
    With holy avenger and avenging wrath up, I let the spirit hit me on purpose for vengeance (esp. with the offensive CD's up), but otherwise you can stun them, kite them or use defensive CD's, or if you're brave, let them attack you for more vengeance (gear allowing of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ive personally never seen a Pally solo them before, I dont believe their kit is suited for warbringers. If your able to escape the fear consistently and beable to tank the 200k hits then you can manage it, but I dunno how possible that is.
    Just pick up the trinket from the Dominance Offensive that allows you to escape CC effects once a minute. They're quite easy to solo even without that item, but that can be very helpful for escaping the fear periodically. Couple that with Unbreakable Spirit and you very rarely have to eat any full fears.

10+ Year Old Account
    You didn't mention your ilevel, but it's likely doable starting around 485-ish, although it will still take a long time and you have little to no room for error (exceptions exist for exceptionally skilled players of course). The biggest issue for paladins would be the fear, it lasts a long time and you have no short fear breakers. These are their abilities (warbringers have 4 of any of these abilities at a time):

Meteor shower - easily avoidable
    Thunder Crush - frontal AoE, again, easily avoidable
    Vengeful Spirit - on its own, it's kitable and stunnable, but coupled with fear, it's the one most likely to kill you
    Horrific Visage - lasts 8 seconds
    Scarab Swarm - minor annoyance, just consecrate and let them die

Each ability has a 3.0 second cast time, so there is plenty of time to avoid or prepare for them. The key to winning is to know how to handle the fears. Rotate cooldowns for each fear. Renew sacred shield just before they cast fear. Your bubble can remove the fear, and if you are human, you have a nice trinket too. You can also try to farm for the pvp trinket in Krasarang Wilds - 1 min cooldown, super helpful, probably to the point of trivializing the fear. You can expect them to hit you with each ability once every 30 seconds or so, so with that trinket you can break out every other fear.

I like DP for soloing warbringers, because although it is RNG, often enough it works in your favor in that you get a few extended Shield buffs that will last for a good portion of the fear.

Since you've soloed them on your DK before, you likely know how to handle the other abilities, it's the fear in combination with something else that I find mostly kills people. When you get to higher gear level, you can just stand in stuff/let the spirit hit you for vengeance to make the fight go faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Ive personally never seen a Pally solo them before, I dont believe their kit is suited for warbringers. If your able to escape the fear consistently and beable to tank the 200k hits then you can manage it, but I dunno how possible that is.
    Are we playing the same game?

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbringer View Post
    Are we playing the same game?
    I think he's thinking of twinbraid, that did indeed hit for 200k before he got nerfed into oblivion.
    I tried to solo him and went pretty splat on him within 10% of his healthpool :P

Warbringers doesn't hit for a lot themself, but can be annoying with the fear, which is hard to avoid when you noob a late night and pulls 2 scouts in so you have 3 fears.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Warbringers are ridiculously easy to solo as a prot pally, especially if you gear for haste.
    The mobs on dino island are much more challenging due to timing your cooldowns to survive (I pull packs of 3-4 dino's at a time) and even they go down with little effort.

Deleted
    Soloed it with ease just go EF and you never drop below 80%.
    And stand in everything ofcourse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephenee View Post
    Soloed it with ease just go EF and you never drop below 80%.
    And stand in everything ofcourse.
    Why would you use EF instead of SS?
    Not like survivability would be a problem there (unless you are in blues), but using EF is a DPS loss. -_-

Deleted
    They are quite easy to solo as a prot, even with shitty ilvls...

I have soloed em on Pala, DK and lock so far... Lock being the most fun (and fast) and DK being the easist due to ams.

Pala is quite fast and easy (With a haste build).

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    I have soloed em on Pala, DK and lock so far... Lock being the most fun (and fast) and DK being the easist due to ams.
    Most ranged can solo it via kiting, but I'd imagine the pet classes (locks, hunters) when geared would make the quickest work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Most ranged can solo it via kiting, but I'd imagine the pet classes (locks, hunters) when geared would make the quickest work.
    I do believe that most classes can yes, i dont kite em however... Would be alot easier with more gear though (since my gearing is kinda rubbish, now that i am not raiding anymore)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was soloing them for awhile with my paladin, One thing to do to add more DPS is not to kill the scarab swarm. Let them live, there is alot of them so u get more dodges in and that procs more Avenger shields. And glyph avenger shield to get more dmg from it and not kill the scarabs. Spirits can be stunned as well, so a macro to stun them isnt a bad idea when they are close to you and a fear is comming.