Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Damn that Nazgrim sounds file is so sad....

About Lore'themar wondering where is this blood coming from I hope it's not something like Sylvanas backstab him or something.
    It's quite possible. It is known that Lor'Themar was in secret negotiations to join the Alliance. How screwed would Sylvanas and the Forsaken nation have been with enemies in the north as well as the south?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Oh god this thread is turning into the Scrolls of Lore.
    Actually scrolls of lore is usually more rational on a bad day.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    sylvanas was his boss as a ranger, and she was the one who got the blood elves in the horde. if anything, he chiding sylvanas was totally out of character, because before this, she was always above him.
    She got them in the Horde so she could use them as fodder against the Lich King down the line. Him standing up to her is coming full circle to him bowing down to her threats in In the Shadow of the Sun, a low both Brightwing and Rommath couldn't believe he'd sink to.

I don't think it's out of character at all at this point; his development in MoP has shown him breaking out of that submission and taking charge. There's not much of a power gap between them anymore, and they certainly aren't friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    I've never seen Lor'themar as somebody who would publicly challenge Sylvanas. In his short story, he was pretty submissive to her, because it was the Forsaken's involvement which decided the fate of Quel'thalas. He was pretty indebted, and could barely stand up to her as a result of that, as well as the fact even looking at her reminded him of the fall of Quel'thalas, and how many died.
    Something has changed since, though.

He has the Animus. With it, the Blood Elves are stronger and can stand on their own.

Further, while the robe line is a bit odd, it does sound like the Lor'themar of 5.2 to me. A bit less gravely, but still recognizably him.

Finally, with 5.2 Blizzard has portrayed Lor'themar and Jaina as effectivley parallels. They both lead their respective faction on the Isle, they both have receive their side's respective powers from the Throne of Thunder, and so on. In the Siege, Jaina is along with Alliance players outside of Orgrimmar. Lor'themar would be the parallel there.

Its him. Maybe he's wearing robes now for some reason. And the flamestrike, it could be a special arrow perhaps (we've seen fire arrows leave a flamestrike-like effect int he past), or he's calling in artillery in the form of a flamestrike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    It's quite possible. It is known that Lor'Themar was in secret negotiations to join the Alliance. How screwed would Sylvanas and the Forsaken nation have been with enemies in the north as well as the south?
    yet lor'themar's meant to have secrets of the thunder king at his disposal isn't he.

tbh though, Sylvanas backstabbing him would allow a twist to this story and continuety into the next expansion, that that I WANT lor'themar to be stabbed.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    God I cant wait for some Sylvanas files, bring em, and Baine!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    wow... do you.. hear yourself when you write this out? You actually expect the alliance to get a 100% victory and the horde to be utterly defeated in world of warcraft.

Even my nephew could have more rational sense then this, and he's three.
    When did he say he wanted to wipe the horde out? Nowhere.

What he (and the rest of us) want is a victory that actually has meaning and we have yet to see that in cata or in MoP that wasn't met with an immediate response from the horde. Why not let the rebels and kor'kron duke it out? What does garrosh's defeat mean for us? What will we do when the siege is successful?
    We only want a reason to be there and have none other than "welp the other horde races started a rebellion, might as well help out."

On a side note. Looks like we're saving Taran Zhu..again
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It was exactly that. Godfrey sensed weakness, and because he is such an oportunist, he struck.
    Godfrey meant to turn on her from the second she raised him, so, again, not so much.

I do not think either of them will die in lore, I think the sound files are there if you let them die in the course of whatever events are going to happen during the raid much like the same thing that happens most notably in my memory in Hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    When did he say he wanted to wipe the horde out? Nowhere.

What he (and the rest of us) want is a victory that actually has meaning and we have yet to see that in cata or in MoP that wasn't met with an immediate response from the horde. Why not let the rebels and kor'kron duke it out? What does garrosh's defeat mean for us? What will we do when the siege is successful?
    We only want a reason to be there and have none other than "welp the other horde races started a rebellion, might as well help out."

On a side note. Looks like we're saving Taran Zhu..again
    Translated as 'don't give the horde players a final raid, only alliance is allowed that'.

Yeah, see, try and rationalize it please. Your asking for something, but not putting on the other shoe.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makominami View Post
    I do not think either of them will die in lore, I think the sound files are there if you let them die in the course of whatever events are going to happen during the raid much like the same thing that happens most notably in my memory in Hyjal.
    And ultraxion, same thing, if you wiped everyone there includeing the aspects and thrall died, though they didnt say much.

Deleted
    Oh my fucking God, Nooooo Vaarian cant died! fuking Garrohs! i am so scared for the lament of jaina.

Am I the only one who listened to Garrosh's speech and immediately got the feeling that the Burning Legion got into his head? Mountains of skulls? Rivers of blood? Holy snap, son, you need your blankie, a juicebox and a nap.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Lor'Themar bit sounds A W E S O M E!!! I have a feeling that, Sylvanas, angry that Lor'Themar is no longer her pet, will betray him. Gotta remember here, this siege is absolutely PERFECT for Sylvanas to 'raise' her army. I dont think she'll take kindly to some Elf telling her 'no'.

There are several reasons why Lorthemar and Jaina won't die. Aside fromt he fact they have finally developed their own personalities and rivalry against one another, and aside from the fact that they wouldn't have done that for future use, there is no reason for them to die. Hurt, maybe, but not die. Otherwise all the lore for the Kirin Tor, Sunreavers, and all of the Blood Elves would be wasted.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Am I the only one who listened to Garrosh's speech and immediately got the feeling that the Burning Legion got into his head? Mountains of skulls? Rivers of blood? Holy snap, son, you need your blankie, a juicebox and a nap.
    Khorne! The new Burning Legion Supreme Commander!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaykas View Post
    Oh my fucking God, Nooooo Vaarian cant died! fuking Garrohs! i am so scared for the lament of jaina.
    she screams his name... and then remarks how he's okay right after..
    #boycottchina

Going to be interesting if Mezten will actually kill off some characters. I doubt he will since he doesn't seem to care about the story anymore but hopefully he cares about this and makes it exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Khorne! The new Burning Legion Supreme Commander!

More blood for the Blood God, more skulls for the Skull Throne, more milk for the Khorne Flakes!
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kramjam View Post
    Going to be interesting if Mezten will actually kill off some characters. I doubt he will since he doesn't seem to care about the story anymore but hopefully he cares about this and makes it exciting
    oh just.. don't, okay?

He's made nazgrim into a boss, and if your a horde player who's leveled though all zones since wrath days, your know how much associated nazgrim has been to us horde players, so having him die is a big thing.
    #boycottchina